Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat is missing for a week

• 18-10-2011 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Myself and my partner went on holiday for 2 weeks and we arranged for a neighbour to come and feed our three cats (all strays that adopted us over the years) each day. We had set up three boxes (with blankets and pillows)in a large shed we have out the back that the cats have easy access to and our neighbour left food in that shed each day for them.

Anyway we came back from holiday last Tuesday to find two of the cats coming out from the shed delighted to see us. However the 3rd cat was not there. We were not unduly worried as this particular cat has been known to wander off for up to 4 days at a time. She is very much an outdoors cat. Whenever we have her in the house she always wants to get back out.

However by the weekend there was still no sign of her so I started to get a bit worried. We know whe was around the house last Monday as our neighbour saw her when she came down to feed her.

Not sure what to do. We live in a pretty remote area where there are tons and tons of fields. I really hope that something bad has not happened to her.

Suppose I am just wondering if anybody here have cats that have gone missing for long periods of time and came back?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

10 days is our record, but I've heard of many longer disappearances.
    Is the cat neutered? He may have found food elsewhere, hope he comes back to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

planetX wrote: »
    10 days is our record, but I've heard of many longer disappearances.
    Is the cat neutered? He may have found food elsewhere, hope he comes back to you.

Yeah she is neutered about 3 years at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

Hi Gazzer
    Don't give up hope...she will hopefully come back soon. THere is not a whole lot you can do apart from call her in the usual way or rattle food bowls.
    One of mine disappeared for a week.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I once had a cat who went missing and returned after 9 months! Cats are very self reliant, it may just be on walkabout!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

Dont worry chances are someone else feed her and that's why she hasn't been back they will stay where the food is, I am sure she will come back . I would wonder if the neighbour Feed them as much as they should have though. I have heard of cats coming back after Weeks of being missing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Great news. She came back this morning. Meeowing like a mad thing when she saw us.

I dont know if she got fed much because when we put out some milk and cat food for her she milled into it.

She is a bit off with the other 2 cats (one of whom is her daughter). She kept hissing at them and going to attack them. Perhaps she is gone feral :D

Thanks for all the replies.

Advertisement