Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armed Home Invasion Sunday Night?

Options
  • 18-10-2011 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

has anyone heard about this? on castle road, a couple subjected to an armed (gun) home invasion, Gardai on the scene, apprehended 2 suspects bizarrely from a couple of houses up the street, no idea if gun was recovered.

has anyone heard about this? i appear to be the only one and if it wasnt for the 999 call logged on my phone i'd question whether or not it happened at all! (not really, it did happen)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

has anyone heard about this? on castle road, a couple subjected to an armed (gun) home invasion, Gardai on the scene, apprehended 2 suspects bizarrely from a couple of houses up the street, no idea if gun was recovered.

has anyone heard about this? i appear to be the only one and if it wasnt for the 999 call logged on my phone i'd question whether or not it happened at all! (not really, it did happen)

??? :confused:

Why do you have a 999 call logged on your phone? Are you trying to say you were involved in the situation and are wondering why you aren't famous yet? :confused::confused:

(also, love the fact that you felt it necessary to explain what armed meant!! "(gun)"!! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭callmekenneth

bigneacy wrote: »

??? :confused:

Why do you have a 999 call logged on your phone? Are you trying to say you were involved in the situation and are wondering why you aren't famous yet? :confused::confused:

(also, love the fact that you felt it necessary to explain what armed meant!! "(gun)"!! :D)

Oh don't worry about being confused bigneacy, could be you're just a little dim. I wasn't involved, I rang 999 when I heard screaming but Gardaí already on the scene. I did see a woman hanging out a window screamng and the cops tackling the guys when they thought they'd guns but no one else on the street seems aware of it. There was a paragraph in the Argos but that's all. Unfortunately no accompanying photo of me.

Btw you can be armed with a hammer. Or a bat. Or a knife. Or a bazooka.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Oh don't worry about being confused bigneacy, could be you're just a little dim. I wasn't involved, I rang 999 when I heard screaming but Gardaí already on the scene. I did see a woman hanging out a window screamng and the cops tackling the guys when they thought they'd guns but no one else on the street seems aware of it. There was a paragraph in the Argos but that's all. Unfortunately no accompanying photo of me.

other people on the street are aware of it , and the guy was arrested with a gun .

Rightio, you've called me dim because I couldn't make sense of your clearly, very well written paragraph. I could stoop. I could come back with many, many things - least of all the paragraph in the Argos (was it next to the toasters, Kenneth?).

I'll not bother - no point in going for gold in the Special Olympics. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

It was a very badly written post tbf. Hard to figure out what you were talking about

• Advertisement

other people on the street are aware of it , and the guy was arrested with a gun .

they did three houses on the same street, known to the gardai apparently
    bigneacy wrote: »
    Rightio, you've called me dim because I couldn't make sense of your clearly, very well written paragraph. I could stoop. I could come back with many, many things - least of all the paragraph in the Argos (was it next to the toasters, Kenneth?).

I'll not bother - no point in going for gold in the Special Olympics. :rolleyes:

well played, you've picked up on a predictive spelling mistake (and hyperlinked to boot!), you must be very pleased with yourself. care to comment on my lack of capitals or are you saving that?
    al28283 wrote: »
    It was a very badly written post tbf. Hard to figure out what you were talking about

tbf it was really just for anyone who was aware of the incident and might have more information, i didnt post it to let people know crime exists

tbf it was really just for anyone who was aware of the incident and might have more information, i didnt post it to let people know crime exists

It wasn't at all clear why you posted

It wasn't at all clear why you posted

"has anyone heard about this?", that's not clear?

"has anyone heard about this?", that's not clear?

Your first post in it's entirety wasn't clear.

Your first post in it's entirety wasn't clear.

is there an ignore function on boards?

• Advertisement

What a tremendous first five posts, Kenneth. I can already tell you'll be a productive and long-lasting member of boards.ie.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

This thread isn't serving anything but to allow posters to have a go at each other. Which is why it is now closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement