Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A good Dublin based Personal Stylist?

• 18-10-2011 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Want to buy my sister a voucher for a personal stylist in Dublin. I am really wary of them as I worry they'll be pushing current trends and the ridiculous eighties come back stuff... I am looking for someone who will do a bit of a Gok on her-find what suits her shape etc. Anyone have personal experience of one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I won a competition for my mother to have a days styling, the stylist was fantastic! Obviously it was all arranged as part of the prize, so we didn't choose the stylist bit she was great, didn't push mad styles on my mother, chose very flattering outfits for her, and suggested things she would never have chosen herself. I'd be happy to give you her name if you'd like me to PM you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

My OH bought me a 'Wardrobe Weeding' session for Christmas (nearly 2 years) ago and it was the best present ever. She called to the house, did an assessment on me and then tackled my wardrobe. She spent hours finding things that suited my shape and making up outfits. We filled load of bags for charity but I was left with co-ordinating clothes that really showed off my best bits and hid the rest. She emailed me with suggestions for future shopping. No hard selling, no high end labels just good advice. Now I never buy something that doesn't obey the rules. I don't spend half as much on clothes but love what I do buy. She was really friendly and down to earth. PM you her details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 katecarbery

Thanks Shinikins , please do pm me. Jos appreciate your pm, I'd sern her website and thought she looked good

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Tjmer

This sounds like exactly what I am looking for too. Would you guys mind PM me the details also please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

Me too please if you don't mind, thank you :-)

• Advertisement

PMs sent Ladies ;)

Pm sent, hope it helps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

Could you PM me the deets too please?

PM sent saraocallaghan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Could I also be sent a PM pls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 gazman1975

Using hubbies logon - could i be sent a pm too please ;-)

PM's sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 E26

Sorry to bug you, but could i get pm too:) thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Beller81

Shinkins and Gos28- I would be very grateful if you could Pm me the names of stylista. Thanks.

Beller81, E26-PM's sent!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 katecarbery

Looks like this post helped quite a few people :) thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I would like to get something like this for my mum for chirstmas. She is very small and has no idea what type of clothes look good on her. Do the stylists take you out to the shops,around what kind of budget would you need for the clothes or do you go to an office or somehing for a meeting? How does it work? Thanks.

Could I please get the details of the sylists too please:)

Pm sent Orchidsrpretty.

In my case I won a competition for Mothers Day. We arranged to meet the stylist in store and she asked loads of questions about my mothers usual style, her lifestyle, whether she went out often, what colours she tended to choose, and what she had in her wardrobe at the minute. She picked out loads of different pieces, both items that Mum would usually pick, and others that she would normally pass by or dismiss for being too trendy, or young, and asked her to try everything and keep an open mind. I have to say she was lovely, very easy to chat with, and put my mother totally at ease. I know she does personal consultations, at home as well as in whichever store you want to meet her in. Hope the information helps!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

This is exactly what i am after for my mum too, could u guys pm me the details too please! :)

PMs sent. In my case there was no budget needed. The stylist called to the house, did an assessment of my shape. She asked me to describe a typical week, where I went, what I did etc. She showed me some style books to get a idea of what I liked/disliked. Very like Shinikin's experience in that regard. The main difference being that she went through my existing wardrobe. She made me try on tons of stuff and put items together to make up entire outfits complete with accessories. She gave me tips on where to wear each one. This would be nice for work/college/going out etc. She kept everything that suited me and put everything else into charity bags. She gave me tips on what to but the next time I had money to go shopping and emailed me some suggestions. Definitely makes shopping easier !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 JOCC

Hey, could you send me a PM with the contacts too. Also what is the average cost for a stylist, I have no idea so not sure what is a good price v bad?? thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭SuperStarHoney

Could you PM the names to me too?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Coud i get the wardrobe weeding persons info please! Thanks
    p.s any idea how much she charges?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You can just post up the details rather than having to send PMs. If you're not connected to the business and you're just giving a recommendation there's no problem with posting it.

Thanks Bobblehead, I was beginning to lose track of who I had PM'd !

I am definitely not connected to the business, just a very happy customer.

Link http://www.eyeforstyle.ie/

Thanks Bobblehead, I was in the same boat with losing track:D

The stylist we met was Jan Brierton, I don't know the cost as it was part of a prize I won, but she was fantastic. She's fairly well known, I recognised her from tv and magazine pieces I had seen in the past. She can be contacted through jan@morgantheagency.com or stylejan@hotmail.com. Her mobile number is on the first link I posted. Highly recommend her, such a lovely person and so very good at her job!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 breathneach

Hi Jos, Would you mind sending the number of the personal stylist you recommended back in november? thanks alot

Advertisement