Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Change of ownership - roughly how long before I get the new VLC?

Options
  • 18-10-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

Quick question, I bought a car last week that is taxed until the end of January next year. The seller filled out my details on the change of ownership part of the certificate and (I presume) posted it back to Shannon. I'm just wondering roughly how long it should take to get the new VLC back, does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,319 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

In my experience about a week after sending it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

On average 2 to 3 weeks. You can check on motortax.ie if the vehicle registration/owner status has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,347 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Got mine 2 weeks afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

the previous owner of my latest car posted it off 26th september still waiting :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,309 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Check here to see when a change is recorded https://www.motortax.ie/PSE

• Advertisement

check it everyday in the hope its been done yet everyday my heart sinks a little more :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

1-2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 genki33

Bought a car off a dealer on the Naas road at the end of last month, according to the tax office as of this Wednesday they still have not submitted change of ownership request. Anybody else experienced this with a dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

genki33 wrote: »
    Bought a car off a dealer on the Naas road at the end of last month, according to the tax office as of this Wednesday they still have not submitted change of ownership request. Anybody else experienced this with a dealer?

Have you tried calling them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

Fellas, this happened to me......I bought a Merc s320 cdi last year which the owner felt I stole re the price. I knew he was in a huff but he didn't have to take my draft. I had a sniff that he fughed the reg cert in the bin and Shannon confirmed they received nothing. They sent me a declaration that I needed to go to a solicitor to sign stating i bought the car.....did same, Shannon advised previous owner he was being delisted as the owner and I duly received paper work.

Oh and sold the car on a few months later.....nice car but too bargey for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Just to update, I received the new VLC on Friday, so it only took nine days (assuming the seller posted it the same day I collected the car).

posted my decloration off monday how long should it take?
    car paid for 1 month and two days now and counting and still no book

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

2-3 weeks

Advertisement