Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options with a Vodafone HTC Desire HD

Options
  • 18-10-2011 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi. My wife recently changed job and was given a new phone so her HTC Desire HD is available to me . It’s with Vodafone and I’m currently an O2 Prepay user with a Nokia N95. I am not a heavy phone\text user. Am I right in saying that these are my options -

1. Go with a sim-only plan with Vodafone - €20 setup and €40 per month for 500MB/m
    2. Get phone unlocked and go with Meteor – Unlock = €20, Sim = free and €20 per month for 1GB/m
    3. Stick my O2 sim in the phone, disable Data and only use it where WiFi is available

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Barack Obama

Anyone?

Just copped that option 3 won't work of course unless I unlock the phone...

How good is the Meteor network in general? I live in Leixlip and work in Dublin city.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ianblyth

Anyone?

Just copped that option 3 won't work of course unless I unlock the phone...

How good is the Meteor network in general? I live in Leixlip and work in Dublin city.

Desire HD really easy to unlock. Have done 2 myself. 15 mins

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

ianblyth wrote: »
    Desire HD really easy to unlock. Have done 2 myself. 15 mins
    how do you unlock them so?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Did you actually put a O2 sin in it. Chances are its unbranded and so unlocked. Got mine via Vodafone as O2 didn't stock it.
    Worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ianblyth

dbagman wrote: »
    how do you unlock them so?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=855403

have a read.. root your phone then run the tool.. simples

• Advertisement
Advertisement