Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vege-friendly restaurants in Dublin

Options
  • 18-10-2011 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I'm looking for a vegetarian-friendly (but not solely vegetarian) restaurant in Dublin, preferably around Malahide, but I'll consider anything at this point.

I'm going out for dinner after my graduation soon, and my sister and I are vegetarians, but my parents and my boyfriend eat meat.

I was hoping for an Italian restaurant, but given my luck so far, I'll consider anything.

Twitter recommended Bon Apetit (one vegetarian starter, no vegetarian main) and Crusso's (same problem). Somewhere with a bit of choice would be nice too i.e. something other than salad as a starter and something other than pasta as a main.

I assume mine is a lost cause, but if anyone can help me out, I'd be eternally grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I'm looking for a vegetarian-friendly (but not solely vegetarian) restaurant in Dublin, preferably around Malahide, but I'll consider anything at this point.

I'm going out for dinner after my graduation soon, and my sister and I are vegetarians, but my parents and my boyfriend eat meat.

I was hoping for an Italian restaurant, but given my luck so far, I'll consider anything.

Twitter recommended Bon Apetit (one vegetarian starter, no vegetarian main) and Crusso's (same problem). Somewhere with a bit of choice would be nice too i.e. something other than salad as a starter and something other than pasta as a main.

I assume mine is a lost cause, but if anyone can help me out, I'd be eternally grateful.

Give Bon Appetit a call and see what they'll do for you. I'm going to have to ring them myself soon too, as I bought a voucher deal for there before checking the menu. Hopefully they'll have something.

There's a deal on Ciao here
    http://deals.menupages.ie/ciao.aspx
    Their veggie options don't look the most exciting but might be worth giving them a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Talbot 101 always have at least 2 veggie options for mains & a few for starters (although they do tend to be cold starters if the soup isn't veggie), I'm not a vegetarian but the veggie mains there are so good I've gone for them many times over a meat or fish main. The food generally rocks & the place is busy & buzzy, not not very 'fancy' feeling so if you were looking for somewhere glamorous for your grad dinner it might not suit.

Alternatively you could try a nice Indian, Pakistani or Thai restaurant? You'd be guaranteed that you'd have a good selection of meat & veggie dishes that way. A couple of my veggie friends rave about Jaipur and I think Kinara in Clontarf (not that far from Malahide at all) is supposed to be amazing also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Jaipur? I've not eaten in the one in Malahide but have in Dalkey and Ongar, really nice food, usually very nice service.

Just noticed menupages have another deal in Malahide, this time for Scotch Bonnet, menu looks interesting with a good few veggie selections for starters and a few for mains.

http://deals.menupages.ie/

Never been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

You might find some more good ideas in this past thread: Vegetarian friendly restaurants in Dublin for special occasion :)

Advertisement