Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doctor Who: Regenerations

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I still get a little teary eye'd when Tennant Regenerates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I still get a little teary eye'd when Tennant Regenerates.

I get a pang of rage for scripting the big, bold, brave Doctor to go out uncharacteristically whimpering and wallowing in his own misery.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nice! Though watching those regenerations it's interesting that nearly all those regeneration adventures (bar Davison's last) were utter, total tripe.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I love how Colin Baker sits up and is "evil" A touch of Malcolm McDowell about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Memnoch99

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I get a pang of rage for scripting the big, bold, brave Doctor to go out uncharacteristically whimpering and wallowing in his own misery.

True, very difficult explaining to a seven year old why he is so reluctant to regenerate,so much so that his final line ''I dont want to go'' has become a running joke between me and her for when we dont want to go somewhere one of us will say it in a whingey voice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Never seen any episodes with the second Doctor (so far) and yet I found his regeneration really distressing. Very god performance from him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Never seen any episodes with the second Doctor (so far) and yet I found his regeneration really distressing. Very god performance from him.

I should warn you then: the 60s stories are ... well, different. Not for the faint-hearted anyway. The whole vibe & tone is distinctly Flash Gordon, all rocketships and tinfoil jumpsuits by way of a creaky BBC soundstage. Many of the stories are horrendously padded, and in many respects the show we think of as "Doctor Who" wasn't really done in the oven yet. Elements such as the Doctor's two-hearts hadn't even been established yet; even the Time Lords themselves didn't make an appearance until the very last adventure of the 60s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

pixelburp wrote: »
    I should warn you then: the 60s stories are ... well, different. Not for the faint-hearted anyway. The whole vibe & tone is distinctly Flash Gordon, all rocketships and tinfoil jumpsuits by way of a creaky BBC soundstage. Many of the stories are horrendously padded, and in many respects the show we think of as "Doctor Who" wasn't really done in the oven yet. Elements such as the Doctor's two-hearts hadn't even been established yet; even the Time Lords themselves didn't make an appearance until the very last adventure of the 60s.

I've seen a good few of Hartnell's stories so know a bit about the 60s style.

Advertisement