Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 inch ice cream scoop?

Options
  • 18-10-2011 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get a 1 inch ice cream scoop has to be one with the wee lever that lets you release it. Have a 2 inch one but it's too big for scooping out whoopie pie batter etc. but they do turn out a lot neater that way so need to get a 1 inch, anyone know if there's such thing as a 1/2 inch mini one as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

eBay is always good for sourcing stuff like that.

I was looking for a lever operated ice cream scoop recently for the same reason as you - baking. Took me ages to find one. TK Maxx only had fancy non-lever scoops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Yes, I have a whole selection of them - they are manufactured by a company called Oxo GoodGrips - I think I might have got them from Lakeland or maybe Amazon. Can't remember exactly, but they were easy to find on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

The Oxo range do small ice cream scoops? Homevalue hardware have started stocking the Oxo range but didn't see the small scoops but will check again.

Looked on Amazon at the Oxo ones but the reviews weren't great for them and the other one they had, aparently they rust and break easy not that I go just by a few reviews but want to make sure it lasts.

Off to check ebay now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Looked on Amazon at the Oxo ones but the reviews weren't great for them and the other one they had, aparently they rust and break easy not that I go just by a few reviews but want to make sure it lasts.

Off to check ebay now

Ok I just went and checked mine! No signs of rust or anything and they are working fine as far as I can tell without baking something! I did a seach and these are what I have - all three sizes and they are all fine and in the fullness of health after about four years, I'd say. I notice they call themselves cookie scoops - sorry if this isn't what you were looking for.

I know people from a professional baking site who use these - for making 1000 cupcakes at a time (the larger ones) and they refer to them as the 'porsche' of scoops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

just to let ya know if you pipe the mixture out for whoopie pies it works just as well. :)

lol emzolita..I know but I have a thing about gadgets, found one on here http://www.kitchenutensils.ie/ shouldn't of but treated myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

I was following this to see where you would find one cos I fancy one too. Had to laugh when I saw where you got it, I pass that shop regularly, must pop in now for one.

My new scoop (on the left)! It's just slightly over an inch I think but it's the perfect size, now I have the mammy and daddy scoop all I need now is a baby scoop.
    Is it a step too far to of hugged it..am so happy with it!

Advertisement