Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband issue on west of city? Possibly?

Options
  • 18-10-2011 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

My broadband is cutting out and my speed has dropped from 15mb to .1 mb today. Neighbours are having the same problem ... they just don't know it yet. (I dont steal their wifi! I was just checking theirs so I could safely conclude that it wasn't a problem with my setup as eircom tech supported suggested before I came badgering all of you about it).
    Anyway, if yours is also acting up ,please ring tech support and complain because otherwise it'll "hopefully be Friday before it's sorted"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

this been going on for a while now , same with VF landline speeds are painfully slow , this would the west of city like st mary road with number starting off with 52xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

extraice wrote: »
    this been going on for a while now , same with VF landline speeds are painfully slow , this would the west of city like st mary road with number starting off with 52xxxx

My number starts with 52xxx. God I hope its not going to be an ongoing issue, I need my internet. The terrible speed is a new thing today on my line but I've several outages the last few days. Today its almost unusable however.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Shantalla on Eircom, I get about same as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Hi,
    I am in Shantalla and it happened to me about 2 weeks ago. 2 days with really bad freezing and stalling and then it dropped totally.
    Luckily it was back up to speed the next day (day 3!) and has been fine since. It is the first time I have had a wifi problem in 4 years so fingers crossed it was a blip. With eircom....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 zealano

For the last few days my Eircom broadband is cutting out and my speed has dropped considerably, my no is also a 52xxxx. In Highfield Park. Really annoying. Can't even do a speed test at the moment!! Oh results in, Ping 160ms, Upload 346 kbps, Download 166 kbps. Have 8Mbhome package!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have 8MB too but this is what I usually get.
    1544196836.png

Usually pretty good and similar to your results Biko, but the last 2-3 days, so poor.

zealano wrote: »
    For the last few days my Eircom broadband is cutting out and my speed has dropped considerably, my no is also a 52xxxx. In Highfield Park. Really annoying. Can't even do a speed test at the moment!! Oh results in, Ping 160ms, Upload 346 kbps, Download 166 kbps. Have 8Mbhome package!!!

Same here zealano. I'm getting max 15kbps today! Had to breakout my back up BB dongle.

Have you rang and complained? I rang again today and got that recorded message that says "there is a fault on this line". It said that it will be 3 working days before it's fixed which probably means Monday.Very poor service!

I rang, complained, got nowhere except "plug this out, plug that out, can't have any wires other than ones supplied for an engineer to repair, etc". I told him it wasn't an issue with my line alone, but got nowhere. I got sick of plugging things out and told him I had no more time to keep doing so. Basically it was a waste of time.:mad: If things don't improve we'll move to UPC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The BRAS is seemingly ****ed or the VLAN to the BRAS from Shantalla, been onsite all morning dealing with this and anyone affected is getting Layers 0 and 1 up followed by intermittent layer 2 and 3 problems...a few times an hour and then a resynch.

No point ringing their Indian support muppets either. I'd say the problem is in Shantalla/Mervue or else with a software rev sent out by the TR-069 server, Netopia Firmware Rev 7.8.2r2 seems to be a common thread :(

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    The BRAS is seemingly ****ed or the VLAN to the BRAS from Shantalla, been onsite all morning dealing with this and anyone affected is getting Layers 0 and 1 up followed by intermittent layer 2 and 3 problems...a few times an hour and then a resynch.

No point ringing their Indian support muppets either. I'd say the problem is in Shantalla/Mervue or else with a software rev sent out by the TR-069 server, Netopia Firmware Rev 7.8.2r2 seems to be a common thread :(

Thanks a million for the update Spongebob. Any ETA on when that might be fixed at all ?

I had an engineer up today to look at everything in my house and he said that according to his little testing computer thing,the JDSU, that the line coming into the house was functioning perfectly . However he saw that using two seperate modems on ethernet that the speed was not translating to my devices. Have to say that while he couldn't fix it ,he was exceptionally nice and eager to help and rang tech support to explain to them. I think they said back there was a problem with the "card" in the exchange.

Zealano : thanks for ringing up and complaining too. The more people that make a bit of noise, hopefully the more likely we are to get it fixed promptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Lundar.

hi folks,

atm i am having the same issues with my broadband , i'm in the newcastle area, i have sented in a support ticket about, suppose to have a engineer call out either friday or monday, they have reduced my broadband speeds , from 18mbit to 12mbit :(, but if its there fault , it should it go back up to the old speed hopefully.

the line use to be very stable now it cut out 2-5 times an hour , nearly impossible to download anything , took 45mins to download a 196kb word file :confused:

all of these issues started on Tuesday morning according to my router logs.

I found that if you change the username on the router from eircom@eircom.net to simply eircom it works kind of sorta better anyway. Some misconfiguration bollix at eircoms end. Password seems OK either way ( that is = broadband1 )

go to this page on your Netopia

http://192.168.1.254/indexExptRES.htm?homeRES.htm

see what the username is , change in expert mode > configure > connection

also change the Secondary DNS to 213.94.190.236 while leaving the primary as 0.0.0.0 , don't like the look of the current DNS assignations so I don't.

should improve matters while eircom figure out what is wrong with their network

I found that if you change the username on the router from eircom@eircom.net to simply eircom it works kind of sorta better anyway. Some misconfiguration bollix at eircoms end. Password seems OK either way ( that is = broadband1 )

also change the Secondary DNS to 213.94.190.236 while leaving the primary as 0.0.0.0 , don't like the look of the current DNS assignations so I don't.

Thanks
    Going to try that now.

In reference to your earlier point about the netopia firmware update I wasnt sure if you were talking about updates to the modems or something else. I am not using a netopia router/modem so just thought I'd mention that.

****ed again today :(

1547447207.png

Things are looking better, hope speeds keeps improving and that we don't have a repeat of the last few days.

Things looking up here too thank God!Delighted :)
    Thanks Spongebob.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

any setting for VF ? plz , that make go faster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Is anyone else on the west side of town having problems with Eircom broadband cutting out tonight ?

Speeds have been woeful for the last few days as well :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Yep. It cut out when I was on around 2am. It was also bad during the week but the weather is probably to blame.

• Advertisement

Mine cut out too,at around twelve-ish for at least half an hr.that's how the last issue started.hopefully it's not more of the same.

Don't think it's the weather daibhail beag, but I like the Irish reasoning.:)

Looks like eircom broadband in Newcastle is down again :(
    Trying to remote access my pc from the UK & nada :mad: :mad:

Is anyone else having problems this morn ?

Yeah , PPPoE cutoff problem back since Monday.

Anyone else having issues with Eircom in the westside today? Ours is down completely since 10am ....

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Lundar.

hi lumi,

its fine here in newcastle, but been aving minor problems with the connection dropping out a few times a day since they upgrade some of the exchange a few months ago

Lundar. wrote: »
    hi lumi,

its fine here in newcastle, but been aving minor problems with the connection dropping out a few times a day since they upgrade some of the exchange a few months ago

I'm in newcastle as well

It came back around 1 but the connection keeps dropping :mad:

So envious of the houses across the road with UPC & decent broadband .....

Advertisement