Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nolans of Kilcullen

Options
  • 18-10-2011 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi, just looking for opinions on Nolans butchers in Kilcullen, im looking to price meat for christmas and have heard that they are of a high quality?

Thoughts would be appreciated thanks very much

Keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gateshead

Excellent butchers.You wont find better.

James will sort ya out in there,tell him the Kilkenny man sent you.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

expensive. Very expensive. But very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

rondeco wrote: »
    expensive. Very expensive. But very good.

that sums it up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

You certainly get what you pay for and if you ask nicely, they might introduce you in person to the beef being served up at christmas grazing out the back on the lush green grass.

Yep - beef and pork is reared in the fields behind the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

Close enough on location, the farm is behind the church.
    Behind the shop/carpark is a 200 ft drop into the River Liffey ;)

It's fairly simple, you can get cheap food in supermarkets (not always Irish), but if you want quality local meat you go to your local butcher.

Once I even saw Bill Cullens better half in there collecting her christmas turkey! (and that wasn't a re-run of The Apprentice btw ....)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

You won't get better service and quality anywhere else. Hence the queues out the door at Christmas to collect orders. Personally, wouldn't dream of buying my turkey anywhere else. yes it's more expensive than the frozen ones from supermarkets but boy do you know the difference xmas day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Nolans are excellent, very high standards of quality. Not cheap, more your monies worth.

If you're planning on a visit for seasonal meat, you won't go wrong.

I can recommend the spiced beef, tastes amazing cold and sliced thin on some fresh brown bread with some chutney or relish!

The queues in the run upto Christmas are bedlam though!

Luc

If you love your meat and want to treat yourself this is the place to go. Christmas meat and an epic summer bbq are the only times I make the journey over but it's well worth it.

On another note, Centra in Ballymany in Newbridge is selling their sausages and rashers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Starla_o0 wrote: »
    If you love your meat and want to treat yourself this is the place to go. Christmas meat and an epic summer bbq are the only times I make the journey over but it's well worth it.

On another note, Centra in Ballymany in Newbridge is selling their sausages and rashers!
    are you thinking of spar, there hasn't being a centra in ballymany afaik

guil wrote: »
    are you thinking of spar, there hasn't being a centra in ballymany afaik

It used to be a centra many moons ago! Worked there as a teenager. I don't even think I'd noticed it had become a spar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

They are expensive but absoolutely worth it.
    I live on their steak burgers.... drool......

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Sausages... mmmmmmm

That is all..

PS. U sly dog u ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mac2012

Starla_o0 wrote: »

Hi you can also buy their sausages in Centra Roseberry Hill in Newbridge and Centra Curragh Camp :)

Advertisement