Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to go back to Australia

Options
  • 18-10-2011 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi all,i am thinking about heading back to australia,i was there for 4 months 3 years ago on a working holiday visa,but sadly i had to come home to ireland as there was an illness in the family,My question is how can i get a visa to go back to australia as i am 31 and a qualified plumber,any help would be great guys,and thank you all:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

i would think if you want to go back to work then a permanent resident visa is your only option, unless of course you know someone willing to sponsor you on a 457visa.
    if its only for a holiday, then just get a 3 mth holday visa. easy to get but you can't work with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Seamas as sponge_bob said only PR or 457 - if you want to know how to go about these (457 might be hard from Ireland and PR is a slow process) please search the forum - as many people have been in this situation before

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Ok thank you guys for your help,i was a bit lost on what to do,yes i have some contacts over in australia,my other question is that does it cost the employer any money to sponcer people to enter australia?is it also possible to arrange the visa before i go to oz?thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Ok thank you guys for your help,i was a bit lost on what to do,yes i have some contacts over in australia,my other question is that does it cost the employer any money to sponcer people to enter australia?

Yes this thread is pretty up-to-date
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056418020
    seamus1980 wrote: »
    is it also possible to arrange the visa before i go to oz?thanks guys

Essential

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

they wouldn't leave you out of the airport without a visa, i would be even surprised if you were even allowed to get on the plane without a visa.

iam in the process for applying for a pr visa at the moment and i would estimate it has cost nearly 4k for myself, wife and 3 kids so far, still havn't got the visa but iam not expecting any more big expenses either.
    i done the application myself, but would guess a visa agent would be a hell of a lot more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Cool Thanks guys,i was just wondering how long it would take to get a PR visa or a Sponsorship visa?also seeing that i am qualified does this help me to get a PR visa,thanks all,the info so far is great:)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭nager

You need to do a bit of research yourself - no-one can really answer for you.
    Look up DIAC here to see if you are able to apply for a visa.
    First you need to see if your occupation is on the Skilled Occupation List.
    If so - see if you can apply for a 175 General Skilled Migration Visa - however, this can take a long time.
    A sponsored 176 Visa can be much quicker.
    Get you skills assessed, apply for state sponsorship, apply for visa.

The other option is to try and get employer sponsored 457 - as said above - this is difficult from outside Australia.

As per above - start reading previous posts - also this site here is full of good info.

Good luck

Advertisement