Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nanny/Childminder Pay Rates

• 18-10-2011 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

What is the going rate for a Nanny/Childminder who will come to your home and mind your child/children.

I understand all the complications about setting yourself up as an employer with the revenue and having to pay employers PRSI, holiday pay, bank holidays etc.
    We are not interested in paying someone cash and want it to be 100% above board.

I am just wondering what would the going rate be and whether we can afford it.
    The normal hours would be 8.30 - 6pm (although some days may be 5pm)
    The location is rural and nowhere near Dublin so i would expect rates to be significantly less than in Dublin.

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Is it a live in or live out job?

How many kids?

For live out rates range from min wage up to about 12 euro an hour.

9.5 x 5 = 47.5

I reckon you will probably get somebody for 450 + prsi
    For that though you can expect to get somebody that is qualified and has experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

Is it a live in or live out job?

How many kids?

Live Out.
    At the moment 1 x 10 month old baby. Most days one of us would probably be back at 5.30 but couldn't guarantee it. The baby sleeps at least 2h a day normally so she would be able to take a lunch hour but that said not like she could leave the house during it ;-)

Advertisement