Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW PHONE!!

Options
  • 18-10-2011 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi im looking for someone elses opinion on this..

Basically, I moved to bill pay with the network meteor and got a Blackberry Torch on an 18 month contract in may 2011 appro 3 weeks ago the phone stopped charging properly so i brought it into my local meteor store, where they "sent it away" to be looked at/fixed.. I know this is normal procedure. A week later I got the phone back. But the replaced it with a new one because the problem was not fixable. I had the new phone about 5 days when it wouldnt allow me to send/receive any phone calls or texts. I rang meteor customer care- got no joy (surprise surprise). then rang my local meteor store, the girl said I would have to bring it in to be sent away AGAIN! which I thought was ridiculous, as im paying for a phone I cant use! I had to go on holidays the next day so didnt get a chance to bring in the phone untill now. BUT i heard there is big problems happening with Blackberry phones worldwide!? I said this to the girl on the phone in the shop today, but she still persisted I have to bring it in and they have to send it off?? To be honest I want a new phone- not a blackberry!! I think meteor should replace my phone - no questions asked. instead of me going back and fourth sending away my phone that doesnt work! especially when its under warranty?!? and also the fact that the two of them stopped working through no fault of my own! Am I right? or completely wrong??:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You are entitled to a repair, a replacement or a refund for any issue like this. They don't have to give you a choice on this, but you also don't have to accept their offer. It's a negotiation, and you can either stand your ground or give in. Standing your ground does not always result in you getting what you want though, and it's rarely a simple task.

In this case, you have been quite reasonable with them. You allowed them to attempt a repair, which was unsuccessful, and they then replaced the phone. Any repair or replacement must be permanent, so the fact that this replacement has also failed would give you grounds to get a refund, or a replacement of a different phone.

You should conduct your communication to them in writing now, and send it by registered post. Make it a formal complaint and request for a full refund, with which you can purchase a different phone. This will take time though, so don't be expecting to have your new phone by the end of the week or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The Blackberry worldwide outage should be well over by now OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ashling20

Thanks jor el.. I brought my phone into the meteor shop again yesterday and explained the whole situation to the girl in there. She was soo rude and unhelpful and just kept saying " I have to follow store policy & send off your phone again" basically I told her (politely)if they cant fix my phone they shouldn't bother replacing it with a BB again because obviously they are rubbish!! and that I wont accept a BB off them again. She just kept telling me that they would give me a bb. I even asked her to make a note on it and say that I didn't want a bb. She wouldn't do this either! Im not sure wheter to ring meteor or consumer affairs now or wait untill my phone returns. Oh and also I emailed meteor complaints department 2weeks ago and never got a reply??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

You need to follow jor el's advice above about a registered letter. The staff in your local shop probably aren't authorised to issue a refund or a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ashling20

I am doing that.. When I ring meteor they tell me to go to a store. And when I go to the store they tell me to ring meteor? its a joke at this stage? I was on the phone to meteor customer care for over an hour this morning.. The first guy I was talking to hung up on me?? So I had to ring back and was put on hold for 30mins. when I eventually got talking to someone, she could do nothing for me. So I demanded to speak to a supervisor, she refused and said they were all at a meeting which is a load of rubbish! I told her I would hold and she wouldnt have any of it. She said one of them would return my call within 24-48 hours!? I said no way I will give them untill 5pm today and if they dont return my call I will be ringing them back. She also told me the email I sent them 3weeks ago was sent to the incorrect email address: complaints@meteor.ie. Which is the one posted on their website?!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement