Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

BaZmO* wrote: »
    ]

The Final is on the 31st June, so there's no need to worry about not being in Dublin for July 5th. ;)
    :D

Tis on the 1st and if I'm going I'm driving from Germany so bit of a trek home but you're right, I should be home by the 5th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Tis on the 1st and if I'm going I'm driving from Germany so bit of a trek home but you're right, I should be home by the 5th :)
    Oh I've done those epic trips for football (Belgium to Stuttgart and back in 2 days) they're great fun, but tough going!

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Oh I've done those epic trips for football (Belgium to Stuttgart and back in 2 days) they're great fun, but tough going!

Ah but it's an adventure! Hiring a camper van, better than the stuffy overnight coach trips to paris I've done before!

Stuttgart? As in 88? You're showing your age now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Are all the tickets gone? I saw someone on this thread bought some at 10.20 so I'm assuming they didn't sell out as quickly as expected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

still on sale, those in dublin can avoid booking fee by buying their tickets in sound cellar
    St Stephen's Green, Soundcellar and Comet outlets: €63.65

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Can't wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Bought 2 tickets at 2.30pm today at a Ticketmaster outlet in Cork City..Big Big queue for tickets but it was a mix between Roses, Tom Petty and Imelda May..

Roll on 5th July!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Still available, just got one. Woo hoo! Hope it's sunny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Still available! This is hilarious, the panic on facebook at 7:55 yesterday morning seems so comical now :D

I would almost take that as confirmation that there will be no oxegen this year.

Looks like I was right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Hopefully it is only a 30-40,000 capacity set up. Coldplay with 40,000 was excellent two years ago. Granted, the balmy weather played its part in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

€65 to hear 5 decent songs off the first album,3 off the second...a shambles of a live singer,a dreadful venue.....................no thanks:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Dub Ste wrote: »
    €65 to hear 5 decent songs off the first album,3 off the second...a shambles of a live singer,a dreadful venue.....................no thanks:confused:

Then why post on a thread Stone Roses- ReReunited:confused::confused::confused::confused:.Ok not to your taste but they are to the millions worldwide who have bought tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Dub Ste wrote: »

I'm confused as to how you could think there's only 5 good songs off the first album so wouldn't put much faith in your opinion to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

This is probably a long shot and would already be posted if it existed but any realistic rumours about what other act/s will play? Got my ticket at 8am yesterday morning. in hindsight a bit unnecessary.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

According to Irish Times capacity will be up to 45,000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

cian68 wrote: »
    This is probably a long shot and would already be posted if it existed but any realistic rumours about what other act/s will play? Got my ticket at 8am yesterday morning. in hindsight a bit unnecessary.

Not even heard a whisper.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Lumbo wrote: »
    Not even heard a whisper.

I'd say a lot depends on how the tickets sell. If sales continue to be slow they'll have to try and add some decent support acts to boost sales. Maybe some other reformed/still going Madchester band? But if ticket sales pick up in the New Year then they'll probably not bother too much with big name support acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Would not be surprised if the Beady Eyes were to play. For 65 quid though, you might expect two warm up acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Would not be surprised if the Beady Eyes were to play. For 65 quid though, you might expect two warm up acts.
    I'd expect a day out!

Beady Eye, 808 State and maybe a couple of DJ Sets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I will most certainly be there if Beady Eye will be supporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The announcement from MCD was that The Stone Roses are "to headline Dublin's Phoenix Park", I'd take from that wording that there will be a strong support bill/day out.

Hopefully they just bring the whole Manchester line-up over, whatever that turns out to be I'm sure it'll be of substantial quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Morrissey anyone? smiths to reform lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Got 3 tickets on Tuesday morning, it's gonna be a long 7 months wait! Inspiral Carpets and Happy Mondays to support would be awesome.

Inspiral Carpets and Happy Mondays to support would be awesome.
    I'm not sure about the Inspiral Carpets, but imagine trying to get the Stone Roses "and" The Happy Mondays to stay together long enough, without killing each other, to do a gig! :D

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Morrissey anyone? smiths to reform lol?

I don't think Morrissey ever really like the Roses! Plus he'd be totally wasted on a venue like Phoenix Park.

God I hope not, they are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    God I hope not, they are terrible.

They were at Oxegen alright.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Looks like it sold out, taken from the Stone Roses facebook page.
    The Stone Roses are pleased to announce that the Dublin Phoenix Park show has now sold out to its capacity of 45,000.

• Advertisement

Looks like it sold out, taken from the Stone Roses facebook page.

I'd imagine getting a ticket for this won't be difficult though. Seems a lot of people bought "spares"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement