Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Delighted to see that Manchester guitar bands can still sell out the big gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

no no no no no no no no no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

judging by how quick the shows sold out, at that price, in these times, they are bigger than beiber

Pop go the roses. 15yr of pent up urban legend, or is that myth one fell swoop gonna be some amount of 3-stripe branded at this between all the skangers going au naturelle, and students.

- Pete Garner

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

As good as the Roses are/were/still are I think it's FN' terrible how they are cashing in on this rather than reforming for the music. Cause if it wasn't about the money they'd play proper intimate gigs around the place and make them really special.

And you know what Oasis will do the same in about 10 years too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

To be honest this has the real potential to be a disaster.

• A band that never had a strong reputation for their live performances.
    • Playing together for the first time in over 20yrs - motivated only by money (dont fool yourself it isn't)
    • Ian Browns infamous live vocal ability
    • John Squires "do I want to be here ?" attitude
    • Playing in a big open air field notorious for awful sound problems and out of synch video/audio for those "at the back"
    • Irish summer so high probability of rain.

... but for some people it'll be the greatest gig ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 DDDDDeannnnn

If either of the Gallagher brothers are confirmed,ye can mail me for my ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

RayCon wrote: »
    To be honest this has the real potential to be a disaster.

• A band that never had a strong reputation for their live performances.
    • Playing together for the first time in over 20yrs - motivated only by money (dont fool yourself it isn't)
    • Ian Browns infamous live vocal ability
    • John Squires "do I want to be here ?" attitude
    • Playing in a big open air field notorious for awful sound problems and out of synch video/audio for those "at the back"
    • Irish summer so high probability of rain.

... but for some people it'll be the greatest gig ever.

Maybe I'm just saying this cos I didn't get a ticket, but find myself agreeing with this. I was well psyched when I heard they were reforming and tired unsuccessfully to get tickets for the Heaton Park shows.

But alas, they have left it too long announcing an Irish date and I find myself in two minds about the whole thing....damnit in anyway.

I love the 2 albums, have all of Ian Brown's solo stuff and think he is a great studio artist. Live is not his bag however, and Squire...well the man is an undoubted talent but can be very hard to warm to. Special albums are one thing, special gigs a different beast altogether and I have my doubts. Probably still go anyway, hope for the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Their probably like getting a few mill or so each for it and after they can **** off never to be heard again!

Pension fund or something.

Who cares if they are doing it for the money? That is the way of the world. Anyone who thinks that "art" can only be "worthwhile" if it is not mass produced or it is not promoted needs to take their head out of their bumhole!

Happy Christmas, and all that jazz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

If either of the Gallagher brothers are confirmed,ye can mail me for my ticket.

plenty of the gallagher bros' fans are confirmed. Forgot that 'niche', there'll be more adidas stripes on show than the very chavolution itself I got more than an inkling that was what prompted IB to do this by what he said in the press conference. inspirational stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Savman wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just saying this cos I didn't get a ticket, but find myself agreeing with this. I was well psyched when I heard they were reforming and tired unsuccessfully to get tickets for the Heaton Park shows.

But alas, they have left it too long announcing an Irish date and I find myself in two minds about the whole thing....damnit in anyway.

I love the 2 albums, have all of Ian Brown's solo stuff and think he is a great studio artist. Live is not his bag however, and Squire...well the man is an undoubted talent but can be very hard to warm to. Special albums are one thing, special gigs a different beast altogether and I have my doubts. Probably still go anyway, hope for the best :)

I wouldn't panic about it .... nostalgia plays funny tricks with people's hearing. The audio version of rose tinted glasses ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Anyone know when we'll be hearing about support?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Anyone know when we'll be hearing about support?

Hopefully after christmas, I don't know why we should have to wait much longer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

karaokeman wrote: »
    Hopefully after christmas, I don't know why we should have to wait much longer.

Because the gig is already sold out , so they could easily just book a really cheap few support acts . They only get big acts if the gig wont sell to well eg Chilis announcing Noel Gallagher to help shift much needed tickets

Because the gig is already sold out , so they could easily just book a really cheap few support acts . They only get big acts if the gig wont sell to well eg Chilis announcing Noel Gallagher to help shift much needed tickets

Hopefully it will be a similar one to the Manchester shows, which I reckon should be a great line-up.

If there are to be two/three warm up acts, one is bound to be Irish. Could that be someone like The Minutes or are they big enough?

Other than that, who will be touring next year?

If there are to be two/three warm up acts, one is bound to be Irish. Could that be someone like The Minutes or are they big enough?

Other than that, who will be touring next year?

Tbh, I'd rather not have someone Irish if they are going to be a purely token Irish act, such as the Coronas or other such crap.

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Tbh, I'd rather not have someone Irish if they are going to be a purely token Irish act, such as the Coronas or other such crap.

I'd usually agree, but The Minutes are ok. The Blizzards were actually alright at Slane in 2009 similarly. But yeah, if they book The Coronas, I'll be making sure to be late!

I'd usually agree, but The Minutes are ok. The Blizzards were actually alright at Slane in 2009 similarly. But yeah, if they book The Coronas, I'll be making sure to be late!

Or bring earplugs:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If they do have an Irish act (which i think they should) it could see maybe Bi-Polar Empire??

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Nation 98

The Charlatans please.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Finding it impossible to get accomodation for myself and 3 mates for Manchester, should have booked it back when we got the tickets. This is really annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Battleflag wrote: »
    Finding it impossible to get accomodation for myself and 3 mates for Manchester, should have booked it back when we got the tickets. This is really annoying!

You shouldn't have much problem tbh.

Try here, it's a very nice hostel, was in it again last week, can't beat the location, really clean, they have rooms for 4, perfect for yee. Right beside 'Christ Church'. 10/10 for what you need (assuming I know that!!)

http://www.kinlaydublin.ie/

Alternatively, try here. Ask for the best price, Riana is the lady who does the bookings. Ignore the prices on-line. Tell her it was recommended on-line by someone who has brought several groups of American friends to stay (in these apartments). It is just across from 'The Dail'. She may be able to fit 4 of yee into a smaller room.

http://www.molesworthcourt.ie/

The Airport Bus stops just beside both of these locations. There are several other apartment places, thou a lot of they are in dodgy areas. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

You shouldn't have much problem tbh.

Try here, it's a very nice hostel, was in it again last week, can't beat the location, really clean, they have rooms for 4, perfect for yee. Right beside 'Christ Church'. 10/10 for what you need (assuming I know that!!)

http://www.kinlaydublin.ie/

Alternatively, try here. Ask for the best price, Riana is the lady who does the bookings. Ignore the prices on-line. Tell her it was recommended on-line by someone who has brought several groups of American friends to stay (in these apartments). It is just across from 'The Dail'. She may be able to fit 4 of yee into a smaller room.

http://www.molesworthcourt.ie/

The Airport Bus stops just beside both of these locations. There are several other apartment places, thou a lot of they are in dodgy areas. Best of luck!

Nice of yeh to try be helpful but wrong city ;) he said Manchester. Oh how im delighted now that my friend who got the tickets booked accomodation at the same time for manchester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Battleflag wrote: »

Same :(

Nice of yeh to try be helpful but wrong city ;) he said Manchester. Oh how im delighted now that my friend who got the tickets booked accomodation at the same time for manchester.

Sorry Lads, saw the thread headline with 'Dublin Date Announced' and went on to misread "for Manchester" as "from Manchester"!

You're on your own so :cool:

From regular United travellers try the 1st one that will keep you on their cancellation list if booked out now. If really stuck, 2nd place a bit dingy but serves the purpose and can negotiate a rate.

- Chesters
    http://www.chestershotel.co.uk/

- Trafford Hall
    http://www.traffordhallhotel.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Any word on support yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Any word on support yet?
    I wonder will manchester and dublin share support acts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement