Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Battleflag wrote: »
    Nope I meant Noel, the two of them are ****e. If either one of them are announced as support I will be seriously disappointed

That's just nonsense, but no accounting for taste I suppose :rolleyes:

I love Ian Brown, but at least Noel can sing live!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Nation 98

Battleflag wrote: »
    Nope I meant Noel, the two of them are ****e.

Good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Savman wrote: »
    That's just nonsense, but no accounting for taste I suppose :rolleyes:

I love Ian Brown, but at least Noel can sing live!
    Stone Roses are a whole band, it's not all about Ian.

I don't want a support slot being wasted on "half of Oasis", I don't want any Oasis. I want Madchester

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Anyone reckon more tickets will go on sale for this nearer the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Really looking forward to this one!

I'd say some tickets will be available closer to the time. Also try non Ticketmaster places like Sound Cellar.

I'm certain the Mondays won't be supporting either here or Heaton Park. I seen an Interview with Shaun and he was saying there's no chance this time. But he said he's like to do it sometime. (Interview below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1DzA1HQ948

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

It's seeming like Noel will support in Manchester

http://thetripmagazine.blogspot.com/2011/10/noel-gallagher-will-support-stone-roses.html

NOEL GALLAGHER WILL SUPPORT THE STONE ROSES AT HEATON PARK, MANCHESTER IN JUNE
    Remember the 7th April 2011? We do, it was the day The Trip magazine predicted The Stone Roses reunion... http://thetripmagazine.blogspot.com/2011/04/they-are-resurrection.html check for yourself then.

So now, we are happy to announce that Noel Gallagher will 100%, for sure, definitely (maybe), be supporting The Stone Roses at their reunion gis at Hyde Park in June.

On stage at the Usher Hall in Edinburgh last night, Gallagher dropped several hints that he would be the man to fill the support slot for the three massive Manchester gigs. Early on in the night, he said "Who got tickets for The Roses then? I hope you did, i'll be seeing you there". He went on to name drop the recently reunited Mancunians several times throughout the night, and left the stage saying "Well I'll see you in Manchester for The Stone Roses gigs then". Speculation was already rife, but The Trip is happy to announce it as official...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

He's probably just attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

cant wait to go to tha tho....wahtever happens ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Noel said on phantom the other morning that he was going to be in the states at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I guess if this rumor about Noel supporting at the Manchester, Heaton Park shows is true, there is a good chance he'll be on the bill for the Irish show been as it's 4 days after the Manchester gigs,

Also it's the only Sole Stone Roses gig other than Manchester, the rest of their tour dates are festivals,

Noel has 4 days off after the Phoenix Park show, before he goes to the south of France for a festival himself,

The only reason I could see for this not happening if the rumors are true, is that it would be a little over kill for Noel and the High Flying Birds as they are supporting the Chilli Peppers in Croke Park and the 26th of June, also they have an up and coming sold out O2 date this weekend,

I'd imagine he'd make an exception to tour with the Roses tho, and he'd probably have his new album out by then, he'd certainly be a welcome addition to the line up in my book, I guess we'll have to wait and see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cossy09

Ticket are sold out. Gallagher (either of them will not do it) That would be Noel In Olympia in Sept and In Feb O2 and now Chillis and on top of that this rumour supporting Stone Roses. Cant buy it.

Its irelevant who supports The Stones Roses money train. My tip would be they are Irish loud and can do us proud. Not too many Irish bands around But someone menrtioned a band a little earlier on this thread as a long shot and I would agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Promoter's options :

1. Gig is sold out on the strength of the headliners alone - but I'll eat into my profits by paying out hefty fees for a "name band" as support cos I love my customers.

2. Gig is sold out on the strength of the headliners alone - I'll maximise my profits by booking a piece of **** support for no fee on the premise it's a great opportunity/exposure for them - "**** the punters".

lay your bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

RayCon wrote: »
    Promoter's options :

1. Gig is sold out on the strength of the headliners alone - but I'll eat into my profits by paying out hefty fees for a "name band" as support cos I love my customers.

2. Gig is sold out on the strength of the headliners alone - I'll maximise my profits by booking a piece of **** support for no fee on the premise it's a great opportunity/exposure for them - "**** the punters".

lay your bets.
    I don't understand why people can't see it being anything other than option 2

The Manchester gigs are a totally different kettle of fish. If NG was offered the chance to play (even with a reduced fee) I couldn't see him refuse it. He's obviously a fan and he'd be playing in front of a huge home crowd. Doubt he'd be that bothered to play in Ireland again especially after headlining his own gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Just seen on Roses Facebook page that they're playing festivals in Sweden, Denmark and two in Germany before Heaton Park. The event junkie in me is disappointed that the Manchester gigs won't be the reunion after all and the fan in me is worried what two weeks on the road in Europe will do for in-band relations.

On the plus side, I'll be in Poland at time of German festivals so maybe a little detour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

My tickets arrived today, wasn't expecting them for a few months!

mutley18 wrote: »
    For uk or Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Got my tickets for the Phoenix Park gig today as well from Ticketmaster.

For uk or Ireland?

For the Irish gig. :)

For uk or Ireland?

For uk or Ireland?

• Advertisement

Woops sorry didn't realise that posted 3 times, Internet froze and I kept hitting refresh!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

No sign of my UK tickets yet, early days though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Anyone know if extra tickets will be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

karaokeman wrote: »
    Anyone know if extra tickets will be released?

These sort of things have been known to happen. You just have to keep trying the TM site and maybe you'll get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Any rumours on a support act?I see a few Phoenix park gigs for the summer have two big acts playing..

I got an email from see tickets this afternoon that my tickets for manchester have been dispatched

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Any rumours on a support act?I see a few Phoenix park gigs for the summer have two big acts playing..

I was listening to BBC last week and they said the Inspiral Carpets would be touring with them, so i'd imagine they will be one of the acts.

I was listening to BBC last week and they said the Inspiral Carpets would be touring with them, so i'd imagine they will be one of the acts.

So this is how it feels to be Rooney,

This is how it feels to be bald,

This is how it feels when your head's full of pubes from your balls

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Murdoc90 wrote: »

Heard from a very good source "The Wailers" are very much a possibility

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Any truth on the Beady Eye Rumour?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement