Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Any truth on the Beady Eye Rumour?

MCD won't book Beady Eye, that would be a serious waste of money on their part.

Seen as how the gig is sold out they can just add an unknown band for low costs rather than waste a lot on someone really big like one of the Gallaghers.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

karaokeman wrote: »
    Any truth on the Beady Eye Rumour?

MCD won't book Beady Eye, that would be a serious waste of money on their part.

Seen as how the gig is sold out they can just add an unknown band for low costs rather than waste a lot on someone really big like one of the Gallaghers.
    I cant imagine they would cost huge money to be honest. Anyway bands support bigger bands for exposure,beady eye should nearly be paying mcd for the slot!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I cant imagine they would cost huge money to be honest. Anyway bands support bigger bands for exposure,beady eye should nearly be paying mcd for the slot!

I very much doubt that anybody going the a Stone Roses concert would be unaware of who Beady Eye are

BaZmO* wrote: »

I very much doubt that anybody going the a Stone Roses concert would be unaware of who Beady Eye are
    I said exposure,not introductions. You had better get onto coke and tell them they've been wasting money advertising all these years,everyone knows them. And tell Noel Gallagher he's no need to be playing his few tunes on chat shows across the globe,everyone knows him. I know plenty of people like myself who know who beady eyes are,but couldn't name more then two tunes. They can get the chance to showcase themselves to tens of thousands of this kind of person at a stone roses gig,maybe help shift a few records or tickets for their own shows. Maybe get somewhere bigger then the olympia or lunch time at a festival for the next album's tour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

One great album does not legends make.

• Advertisement

They only made two albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Morrison J

2 great albums, another 15+ outstanding tracks which could have created an album on par with the debut and the influence these songs had on people and other bands make them legendary.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,612 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Bought 3 tickets for this but only need the 2 now. Unfortunately i used TicketFast so they're self printed :rolleyes: A right nuisance for both seller and buyer really.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

Out of boredom/curiosity I checked ticketmaster just there and got through to the purchase ticket page so it appears a small batch has gone back on sale. Hope this helps someone... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Maybe Dublin will get some of the same.. maybe:

FRIDAY 29TH JUNE
    Primal Scream
    The Wailers
    The Vaccines
    Kid British

SATURDAY 30TH JUNE
    Beady Eye
    The Wailers
    Professor Green
    Hollie Cook

SUNDAY 1ST JULY
    Plan B
    The Wailers
    The Justice Tonight Band (feat. Mick Jones, Pete Wylie & The Farm)
    Dirty North

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Beady Eye support the stone roses in heaton park

http://www.prettygreen.com/news/2012/3/27/beady-eye-confirmed-support-stone-roses/

Fingers crossed for dublin !

Looking at that announcement im absolutely delighted I went for Friday when booking the Manchester tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

BaZmO* wrote: »

In fairness, I went to see Oasis in Lansdowne Road about 12 years ago and they had The Happy Mondays scheduled to support them. THMs dropped out at the last minute and Supergrass played instead - both big, well-known bands at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Beady Eye support the stone roses in heaton park

http://www.prettygreen.com/news/2012/3/27/beady-eye-confirmed-support-stone-roses/

Fingers crossed for dublin !

Yea, Beady Eye would be great, although I'd like to see Bobby Gillespie too

• Registered Users Posts: 27 csmythser

I said exposure,not introductions. You had better get onto coke and tell them they've been wasting money advertising all these years,everyone knows them. And tell Noel Gallagher he's no need to be playing his few tunes on chat shows across the globe,everyone knows him. I know plenty of people like myself who know who beady eyes are,but couldn't name more then two tunes. They can get the chance to showcase themselves to tens of thousands of this kind of person at a stone roses gig,maybe help shift a few records or tickets for their own shows. Maybe get somewhere bigger then the olympia or lunch time at a festival for the next album's tour
    first of all its beady eye.. 2nd of all your a nob

csmythser wrote: »
    first of all its beady eye.. 2nd of all your a nob

Ha Ha, I was on my phone and made a typo, Im well aware of their name thanks. While we're on the subject you spelled "it's", "second", "you're" and "knob" wrong.

Oh look, Beady eye were added to the sold out Manchester gigs along with other big bands like primal scream

QED

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Touch Wood for Primal Scream for Dublin. Beady Eye would be cool too, but the Scream would make it special :D

Beady Eye would be awesome, wonder if they'll play any songs from their upcoming album.

A setlist like this would be good with maybe 3 new songs added.

Kill For A Dream
    Four Letter Word
    Millionaire
    Little James
    To Be Where There's Life
    Keep The Dream Alive
    Better Man

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Delighted with Beady Eye for the Sat in Manchester nie support, now wait and see who they get for the Dublin gig :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Beady Eye would be awesome, wonder if they'll play any songs from their upcoming album.

A setlist like this would be good with maybe 3 new songs added.

Kill For A Dream
    Four Letter Word
    Millionaire
    Little James
    To Be Where There's Life
    Keep The Dream Alive
    Better Man

Little James?! Come on now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Would much rather see the Scream again than either of the Gallagher's latest mumblings.

niallo24 wrote: »
    Little James?! Come on now.

Its the first song Liam wrote for an Oasis record, I'd imagine it would be one of the better possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

Its the first song Liam wrote for an Oasis record, I'd imagine it would be one of the better possibilities.

They ain't going to play Little James man, trust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I apologise in advance if this question has been asked before....

I'm just wondering if anyone has received their Stone Roses tickets yet from ticketmaster or whoever they purchased theirs from???

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

I doubt Primal Scream will be supporting for the Phoenix Park gig.
    AFAIK they aren't touring next year and are recording a new album instead.
    I reckon the Manchester night will be a one-off for them.
    I wonder will Mani play for both?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

PlainP wrote: »

I'm just wondering if anyone has received their Stone Roses tickets yet from ticketmaster or whoever they purchased theirs from???

who did you buy them from?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Friday is going to be epic in Manchester, can't wait for it. Hopefully the weather is as good as it is this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

PlainP wrote: »

I haven't, bought from Ticketmaster.
    wouldn't be worried until June to be honest...
    kingtubby wrote: »
    I doubt Primal Scream will be supporting for the Phoenix Park gig.
    AFAIK they aren't touring next year and are recording a new album instead.
    I reckon the Manchester night will be a one-off for them.
    I wonder will Mani play for both?

his last gig with them was just before Christmas i believe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

who did you buy them from?

Ticketmaster....
    I haven't, bought from Ticketmaster.
    wouldn't be worried until June to be honest...

That's grand..I won't then

Cheers
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

You're off your rocker, par for the course really. Oasis never played it, its universally derided and he must know by know its absolute tripe.

Songbird, Out of Time, Better Man (at an outside bet) of his self penned songs.

Would wager on Rock & Roll star been in there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement