Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I got an email from See Tickets today saying that my tickets for Manchester have been despatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

niallo24 wrote: »
    You're off your rocker, par for the course really. Oasis never played it, its universally derided and he must know by know its absolute tripe.

Songbird, Out of Time, Better Man (at an outside bet) of his self penned songs.

Would wager on Rock & Roll star been in there.

Nope Beady eye don't play any Oasis songs, and are terrible live, I hope they don't play here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they said this week that they'll be playing Oasis songs in the summer.
    i hope it's not them supporting though, as they're muck. if it was all Oasis songs it wouldn't be too bad though, but Beady Eye's songs are pretty sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

they said this week that they'll be playing Oasis songs in the summer.
    i hope it's not them supporting though, as they're muck. if it was all Oasis songs it wouldn't be too bad though, but Beady Eye's songs are pretty sh1t.

OK I missed that, personally I think Liam is terrible, he only wrote a handful of songs as it is, Noel is even a better singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Finally got around to booking myself a ticket for this.

To MCD, either Beady Eye or Primal Scream will do me for support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Got my tickets today. Registered post no less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 DDDDDeannnnn

I would be pretty happy about any of the support bill for Heaton Park, just not Beady Eye.Don't think I could stand being in the presence of Liam Gallagher for an evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I could do without Beady Eye too. I saw them at Oxegen last year - they weren't up to much.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

4 out of the final 5 members of Oasis' final line-up playing Oasis songs live, including the singer. Surely Beady Eye couldn't be that abhorrent. Throw in Four Letter Word, Wigwam, The Roller, Bring the Light and Morning Son and I think they might fit in well with the Stone Roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

One of the bands playing will be the Justice Tonight group (ft Mick Jones,Pete Wylie and The Farm).Mick Jones announced it on stage last night in the Academy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awcZPp7uHNc&list=UUmzU-24L7NhNJOuVI-TIlOA&index=1&feature=plcp

• Advertisement

I really hope that doesn't mean we are getting the July 1st Heaton Park line-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

4 out of the final 5 members of Oasis' final line-up playing Oasis songs live, including the singer. Surely Beady Eye couldn't be that abhorrent.

A body cannot live without it's brain tbh.

Savman wrote: »
    A body cannot live without it's brain tbh.

Noel didn't make Gem Archer the lead guitarist for live performances because he was a worse guitarist. No one can doubt who the better song writer is. That said however, Liam performs certain Oasis songs live far better than Noel ever could.

Hence, the original point stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

No one can doubt who the better song writer is. That said however, Liam performs certain Oasis songs live far better than Noel ever could.
    If Liam still had anything resembling a voice, fair enough. But he hasn't sounded good in a long, long time.

As for the creation known as Beady Eye, well that is just an embarrassing reminder of how bad Oasis could have sounded if it tried to carry on without Noel. I'm glad it got it's own name in that regard. But listening to them murder Oasis songs would not be my cup of tea. More pressing is the issue of the limited selection of songs they'd have to pick from anyway...and I hope whoever mentioned Little James is having a laff. It's possibly the worst song I've ever heard.

If Liam still had anything resembling a voice, fair enough. But he hasn't sounded good in a long, long time.

As for the creation known as Beady Eye, well that is just an embarrassing reminder of how bad Oasis could have sounded if it tried to carry on without Noel. I'm glad it got it's own name in that regard. But listening to them murder Oasis songs would not be my cup of tea. More pressing is the issue of the limited selection of songs they'd have to pick from anyway...and I hope whoever mentioned Little James is having a laff. It's possibly the worst song I've ever heard.

Oh, I get it. You're one of those "Oasis haven't been good since 1996" type people.

I saw Liam live twice last year. There is little doubt that he could still sing well, and arguably far better than when I first saw him sing in the flesh at Marlay Park.

But listening to them murder Oasis songs would not be my cup of tea.

But sure what's the difference? On the last Oasis tour it was the four Beady Eye members playing with Noel. The only difference this time is Gem will be playing all Noel's guitar parts, unless Liam decides to sing the songs Noel did lead vocals on which as I have admitted is very unlikely.
    More pressing is the issue of the limited selection of songs they'd have to pick from anyway

They'd only play a few songs anyway, if it was any more than 5 they would seem like an Oasis tribute act.
    I hope whoever mentioned Little James is having a laff. It's possibly the worst song I've ever heard.

You have an awful lot of s***e songs to hear if you think Little James is the worst song ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Mick Jones Announced as Support

http://www.hotpress.com/Mick-Jones/news/Mick-Jones-joins-Stone-Roses-Phoenix-Park-bill/8803487.html?new_layout=1

Happy enough with that, hopefully there will be someone else big to go along with it. Very much doubt it'd be any of the big Heaton Park acts.

Thanks for that CiaranK:D.

Have to say I haven't heard much of Justice Tonight but I hear good things about Mick Jones.

Seen as how they are an Academy-sized band I find it hard to believe we will get anyone bigger than that, as they probably would have announced the biggest support act first, no Beady Eye or Primal Scream in other words.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

CiaranK wrote: »
    Mick Jones Announced as Support

http://www.hotpress.com/Mick-Jones/news/Mick-Jones-joins-Stone-Roses-Phoenix-Park-bill/8803487.html?new_layout=1

Happy enough with that, hopefully there will be someone else big to go along with it. Very much doubt it'd be any of the big Heaton Park acts.

Are we 100% sure thats the support act, Hotpress seems to be the only one that mentioned it - the stone roses website doesn't even say anything?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Are we 100% sure thats the support act, Hotpress seems to be the only one that mentioned it - the stone roses website doesn't even say anything?

They said it at their gig in Dublin aswell

• Advertisement

Ah perfect! Although I was hoping for beady eye or the vaccines these will be pretty good :)

Ah perfect! Although I was hoping for beady eye or the vaccines these will be pretty good :)

The Vaccines wouldn't have been added anyway because they are supporting Noel and RHCP.

karaokeman wrote: »

The Vaccines wouldn't have been added anyway because they are supporting Noel and RHCP.

really makes me wish I could afford to go to that too.. I guess theres only so many gigs one can go to each year :D

Anyone heading to galway for the volvo ocean race after the stone roses? Should be pretty good - I went in 09 and it was basically just a huge free festival :D

Ticket arrived this morning.

Feels kinda weird, I thought these things weren't supposed to come until like a week before.

Doesn't matter, the earlier the better least I have my ticket now:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

He just said "see you in the Phoenix Park", nothing to do with the Stone Roses. I'd be highly skeptical until I see it elsewhere.

He just said "see you in the Phoenix Park", nothing to do with the Stone Roses. I'd be highly skeptical until I see it elsewhere.

Tickets don't seem to be selling out anytime soon, I remember they were supposedly sold out about a month after general sale. Then just about a month ago I remember after checking back with ticketmaster numerous times that they were back on sale. Since then I've logged in most days and tickets are still very much available.

I don't know why MCD don't just announce another band preferably someone big like Primal Scream or Plan B to boost ticket sales. Would they rather have Stone Roses and an unknown band play to a poorly sold Phoenix Park?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

karaokeman wrote: »
    Tickets don't seem to be selling out anytime soon, I remember they were supposedly sold out about a month after general sale. Then just about a month ago I remember after checking back with ticketmaster numerous times that they were back on sale. Since then I've logged in most days and tickets are still very much available.

I don't know why MCD don't just announce another band preferably someone big like Primal Scream or Plan B to boost ticket sales. Would they rather have Stone Roses and an unknown band play to a poorly sold Phoenix Park?

Id say they will announce the support later on for 1 last boost of sales

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Peter Hooton from The Farm confirmed it on his twitter acount that the Justice Tonight band will be supporting The Stone Roses in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

St.Spodo wrote: »
    Tickets still yet to arrive for the first night in Manchester. Anyone get theirs yet/have a rough idea when they will be posted?
    I got mine a couple of weeks ago. You should be able to check the status of your tickets through the site,no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

St.Spodo wrote: »
    Tickets still yet to arrive for the first night in Manchester. Anyone get theirs yet/have a rough idea when they will be posted?
    Got mine weeks ago, check the tracker on the website to see if they were sent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement