Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

I got mine a couple of weeks ago. You should be able to check the status of your tickets through the site,no?
    Got mine weeks ago, check the tracker on the website to see if they were sent

Edit: sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭odonopenmic

The Minutes to support:
    http://theminutesmusic.com/2012/04/18/supporting-the-stone-roses-phoenix-park-july-5th/

Edit: meant to say - haven't heard of any others confirmed - has anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

The Minutes and The Justice Tonight band...that'll do me very nicely thank you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

kennyu272 wrote: »
    The Minutes and The Justice Tonight band...that'll do me very nicely thank you very much!

Are the mighty wah!part of the justic tonight band does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Murdoc90 wrote: »

Not sure but I hope so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Murdoc90 wrote: »

The way it worked in The Academy was Don Letts djing first (missed this, unfortunately), then The Farm for a couple of songs, then Pete Whylie and Mick Jones joined them on stage for around 4-5 Pete Whylie/Wah songs, then they all played around 10 Clash songs. There were a couple of other guests, though I'm not sure who they were.

It was a fun night and a nice sing-along, but I really don't know good it would be on that size of stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The Minutes to support:
    http://theminutesmusic.com/2012/04/18/supporting-the-stone-roses-phoenix-park-july-5th/

Edit: meant to say - haven't heard of any others confirmed - has anyone else?

Don't mean to sound ignorant but who the fcuk are The Minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Billy Mays wrote: »
    a pretty well known Irish band.
    as a 5 second google search would tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Praise Jebus that The Minutes are playing. I was expecting an Irish act would play as support but had a bad feeling it might be The Coronas or Bressie!

One of the greatest Irish rock songs I've heard in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭dasdog

Delighted seeing this. Someone mooted The Minutes on this thread a while back. Saw them a couple of months ago in the Academy and they put on a great show. No farting about honest rock'n'roll which just works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭electronic

Great band to be warming up for the roses.caught their set at the picnic and they were brilliant.was fearing the worst similar to what someoneone said above thinking coronas or someone similar but delighted with the minutes and along with the justice band its looking like its gonna be a great day of tunes

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea The Minutes are of the best bands to come out of Ireland in a long while and really looking forward to seeing them in T-Vital

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I'm not surprised The Minutes were announced, I'm actually delighted they were as they are a hugely talented band.

Never thought for a second Bressie or Coronas would support as the former doesn't suit Stone Roses and the latter need to sell out their O2 Date so I couldn't see them playing any other gigs here.

unkymo wrote: »
    Praise Jebus that The Minutes are playing. I was expecting an Irish act would play as support but had a bad feeling it might be The Coronas or Bressie!

One of the greatest Irish rock songs I've heard in years!

Wow, I'd never heard of these guys before but my God that's an awful song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gleesonlad

I'm expecting stick for this but after paying just under seventy beans for a ticket I expected a lot more from the support band which I (honestly) never heard of before. Heaton Park has the likes of Primal Scream and Beady Eye, why can't MCD pull out the finger and get another internationally renowned band supoorting, just like having Florence supporting Snow Patrol? Starting to feel like I'm being ripped off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 DDDDDeannnnn

gleesonlad wrote: »
    I'm expecting stick for this but after paying just under seventy beans for a ticket I expected a lot more from the support band which I (honestly) never heard of before. Heaton Park has the likes of Primal Scream and Beady Eye, why can't MCD pull out the finger and get another internationally renowned band supoorting, just like having Florence supporting Snow Patrol? Starting to feel like I'm being ripped off.

I understand where you are coming from,but it will not matter how much you paid for your tickets and who the support was when you hear the opening notes to 'I Wanna Be Adored'. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Of course your being ripped off, welcome to a gig in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I fully agree with this. I can't wait for this gig and I truely can't wait for Stone Roses, HOWEVER, when you look at the Manchester line-up, you can't help but feeling a little robbed!!!

One big support act like the one's mentioned above would make me feel a whole lot better.

Still, it's going to be epic!!!

Because they don't need to add expensive (to them) support acts to sell tickets because they're already selling well, so they can just add whatever awful act they're trying to push at the moment, which probably costs them very little if anything at all.

The Manchester gigs are different, because there's a chance those will be "legendary" shows and I'm sure acts wanted to play them. As for Florence and Snow Patrol, aren't they co-headliners? They were certainly announced together and were advertised as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭electronic

I fully agree with this. I can't wait for this gig and I truely can't wait for Stone Roses, HOWEVER, when you look at the Manchester line-up, you can't help but feeling a little robbed!!!

One big support act like the one's mentioned above would make me feel a whole lot better.

Still, it's going to be epic!!!

I dont get how anyone can say they feel like they are getting robbed because of the support acts.The gig was advertised as the Roses at the phonenix park not the Roses and some well known international act at the phoenix park when tickets were released.I can understand people moaning about the general price of gigs along with everything else in Ireland but feeling ripped off because you want a "Well Known International Act" supporting The Roses playing there first Irish gig in years is just bent.

The Snow patrol and Florence gig was announced as Snow Patrol and Florence when tickets went onsale.I go to gigs to see bands I want to see and any decent supporting band I see is a bonus which i think The Minutes and "The Justice Tonight Band" will be.

I cant wait for a bit of Irish rock n roll with the Minutes and singing along to Mick Jones and the Justice Tonight band playing a few clash tunes and everything else before the main event.give me that over Snow Patrol , Florence any day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Better song imo

Sadly since the gig is basically sold out they dont need to spend the money on a big support . Since it would cost them more to fly over a band , while in the Manchester gigs , all the supports are from the UK so transport etc is cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i think there'll be another support act announced tbh. not someone massive, but someone more well known than the Justice Tonight Band.

i wouldn't compare Dublin to Manchester really as those gigs are clearly more special.
    SR are playing Barcelona, Amsterdam, and Milan as standalone, non-festival gigs. there isn't even mention of support at them, bar Mick Jones. i doubt there'll be someone huge at those gigs either.

of course someone like Primal Scream supporting would be great, but I didn't buy a ticket expecting them, or any big band to be on the bill.

Primal scream would have made this the ultimate summer gig for me.
    Oh well. Have to check out the minutes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Agreed

Conversely, I think it's a great song. Looking forward to seeing them support the Foo Fighters at T-Vital :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I just checked ticketmaster and there's still ticket's available for this.

Just a thought, does anyone think TM can release as many tickets as they like for these gigs, seen as how they are in the Phoenix Park or are there really specific areas that can only hold a certain capacity?

I know Robbie Williams once played to 159,700 people in the Pheonix Park, and MCD said the capacity for these upcoming gigs would be 45,000.

Thats the number that was officially announced on facebook as sold for the Stone Roses before the new year when they were supposedly all sold out, but there's still tickets on sale so they either sold 45,000 tickets or they are still trying to reach that target.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

karaokeman wrote: »
    I just checked ticketmaster and there's still ticket's available for this.

Just a thought, does anyone think TM can release as many tickets as they like for these gigs, seen as how they are in the Phoenix Park or are there really specific areas that can only hold a certain capacity?
    You can't just keep adding numbers to a gig, you need to have planning permission in place.

karaokeman wrote: »
    I know Robbie Williams once played to 159,700 people in the Pheonix Park, and MCD said the capacity for these upcoming gigs would be 45,000.
    Not quite that many.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

BaZmO* wrote: »
    You can't just keep adding numbers to a gig, you need to have planning permission in place.

Not quite that many.

actually surprised that Robbie Williams had that many, that's more than Pixies/Chilli Peppers in 2004 mentioend earleir on here and even those seemed very high http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056424579&page=10
    Reckon both gigs closer to around 100,000 (which is still massive) but a fair bit of promoter bs going on about how massive their shows were/are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

actually surprised that Robbie Williams had that many, that's more than Pixies/Chilli Peppers in 2004 mentioend earleir on here and even those seemed very high http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056424579&page=10
    Reckon both gigs closer to around 100,000 (which is still massive) but a fair bit of promoter bs going on about how massive their shows were/are

I worked at both shows. The Williams show was the bigger of the two and it was certainly close to capacity which I believed was 135,000.

Even when a show sells out there may be tickets available at a later stage. This would include "production hold" tickets, blocks of tickets that the artists were holding onto and returned tickets from the public. It may well be that promoters factor in a percentage of tickets to disrupt the secondary market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

BrianD wrote: »
    I worked at both shows. The Williams show was the bigger of the two and it was certainly close to capacity which I believed was 135,000.

Even when a show sells out there may be tickets available at a later stage. This would include "production hold" tickets, blocks of tickets that the artists were holding onto and returned tickets from the public. It may well be that promoters factor in a percentage of tickets to disrupt the secondary market.

Cheers, fair enough. I suppose for a small city like Dublin it just seems like a staggering amount of people to me, akin to a full Croke Park and a full Aviva stadium added together :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement