Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Cheers, fair enough. I suppose for a small city like Dublin it just seems like a staggering amount of people to me, akin to a full Croke Park and a full Aviva stadium added together :eek:

Both were huge gigs. It was a sea of people. Not sure if I would have enjoyed being a punter TBH.

This summers Phoenix Park gigs are in a much smaller area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

BrianD wrote: »
    Both were huge gigs. It was a sea of people. Not sure if I would have enjoyed being a punter TBH.

This summers Phoenix Park gigs are in a much smaller area.

Do you know where in the Park will the gig be on? Where are the entrances?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

kc66 wrote: »
    Do you know where in the Park will the gig be on? Where are the entrances?
    It's generally over at the Visitor's centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It's generally over at the Visitor's centre.

Which is located between the Phoenix monument and the Castleknock end of Chesterfield ave and being closer to the Phoenix monument.

They'll have shuttle buses,

BrianD wrote: »
    Which is located between the Phoenix monument and the Castleknock end of Chesterfield ave and being closer to the Phoenix monument.

They'll have shuttle buses,
    You might as well just say it's in the middle of the park then (which it's not)

Enter these coordinates into Google Maps 53.364982,-6.32752

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Playing a surprise warm up show in Warrington tonight. Hoping for a few videos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

According to MCD

http://www.mcd.ie/listings/fg.php?c=8895057&ar=thestoneroses&cat=all
    **TICKETS ARE NOW SOLD OUT**

Hoping for videos from tonight too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Chalad

The Stone Roses will play a short set tonight (Wednesday 23rd May) at Warrington Parr Hall.

This is a free concert. Fans can collect one wristband per person from the Warrington Pyramid box office (next to Warrington Parr Hall) from 4pm today.

To qualify for a free ticket to this very special warm up show fans will need to take a Stone Roses CD inlay cover, record sleeve, official band t-shirt or Heaton Park ticket with them to the Pyramid box office in order to get a wrist band.

All entrants must be aged 14+.

Doors will be at 8pm.

The charity HUGS ('Helping Uganda Schools') will be collecting donations at the venue.

Chalad wrote: »
    The Stone Roses will play a short set tonight (Wednesday 23rd May) at Warrington Parr Hall.

This is a free concert. Fans can collect one wristband per person from the Warrington Pyramid box office (next to Warrington Parr Hall) from 4pm today.

To qualify for a free ticket to this very special warm up show fans will need to take a Stone Roses CD inlay cover, record sleeve, official band t-shirt or Heaton Park ticket with them to the Pyramid box office in order to get a wrist band.

All entrants must be aged 14+.

Doors will be at 8pm.

The charity HUGS ('Helping Uganda Schools') will be collecting donations at the venue.
    Sold out already. Unbelievable demand. Really gunna be some historic gigs this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Fingers crossed for some good reports tomorrow....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

CiaranK wrote: »
    According to MCD

http://www.mcd.ie/listings/fg.php?c=8895057&ar=thestoneroses&cat=all

Hoping for videos from tonight too :D

Well, according to ticketmaster, there are still tickets available for the PP gig.

Same, would love to be there myself tonight.

Ah well, thankfully Dublin is also to get a taste of history come July 5th.

Looks like a live setlist has started :D

I Wanna Be Adored is first

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-stone-roses/2012/parr-hall-warrington-england-5bdf8310.html

Nicked from a Roses Forum

First gig in 16 years:

206150.jpg

From NME
    The Stone Roses sounding immense at Warrington Parr Hall. The setlist so far:
    'I Wanna Be Adored'
    'Mersey Paradise'
    'Sally Cinnamon'
    'Made Of Stone'
    '(Song For My) Sugar Spun Sister'
    'Where Angels Play'... seguing into...
    'Shoot You Down'

Setlist:

I Wanna Be Adored
    Mersey Paradise
    Sally Cinnamon
    Made Of Stone
    Sugar Spun Sister
    Where Angels Play
    Shoot You Down
    Tightrope
    Waterfall
    She Bangs the Drums
    Love Spreads

Reports saying Ian Brown's voice was very strong. Will wait till a few videos surface but it sounds like they were in great form.
    Obviously saving 'I Am The Resurrection' for now. Delighted with 'Where Angels Play'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

AtnGrYHCIAMeqsV.jpg:large

2lkb3t5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

CiaranK wrote: »

That's Sally Cinamon except it's a bunch of fat drunk roadies or your Stone Roses cover band playing it.<<<< That is me quoting myself off that YouTube video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

11 songs?? that's a little short no?

• Advertisement

darryn wrote: »
    11 songs?? that's a little short no?

It's an absolute disgrace for a free concert!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Ahh I see didn't realise it was a free, short set concert, my bad

That's Sally Cinamon except it's a bunch of fat drunk roadies or your Stone Roses cover band playing it.<<<< That is me quoting myself off that YouTube video.

That mad me laugh when I seen it on YT last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭MrLaurel

I'd pay them to have a cup of coffee in my house and listen to Joe Duffy while we're sipping!! Doing a free gig, ace!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Morrison J wrote: »
    ....Reports saying Ian Brown's voice was very strong...

Might have been strong but he sounds as flat as ever. He's just not a good live singer imo, can't carry a tune properly in any of the videos that have surfaced so far.

A real shame because the Roses were one of my favorite bands.

SteM wrote: »
    Might have been strong but he sounds as flat as ever. He's just not a good live singer imo, can't carry a tune properly in any of the videos that have surfaced so far.

A real shame because the Roses were one of my favorite bands.
    Well it's not as if they played that many gigs, so the singing prowess of the lead singer never really became an issue.

As for the reunion gigs, his voice still doesn't matter as it'll be drowned out by the audience singing over every song.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Ian Brown rightly giving people stick in the crowd with camera phones. Imagine the Roses coming on stage for the first time in 16 years, playing I Wanna Be Adored and watching it through your fcukin phone! :confused:

• Advertisement

Phoenix Park t-shirt on Ian :D

012zv.jpg

015sf.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement