Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

It was going so well. F**k sake. Apparenly Reni walked off stage tonight in Amsterdam, breaking on Twitter over the last while NME gonna run a story soon according to their Twitter page.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Ah here! Hopefully they kiss and make up before Heaton Park

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

That's not on at all. Leave the personal stuff off the stage. Keep it professional, Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Nme deleted their status update about it on fb

Something must have happened between going off stage and encore time. In that very short space of time
    After the band's main set in Barcelona, the band came back on to play a 10 minute-plus version of 'I Am The Resurrection'. In contrast to tonight's show, the Spanish gig ended with the band in a group hug at the front of the stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

NME.com
    The Stone Roses frontman Ian Brown called the band's drummer Reni a 'c**t' onstage in Amsterdam at tonight's (June 12) gig at the Heineken Music Hall.

It was rumoured on Twitter that Reni had walked offstage during the show, but in fact, Ian Brown returned to the stage after the band had played their main set. The crowd were expecting an encore of 'I Am The Resurrection' - which the Roses had played at their show in Barcelona last week. Instead, Brown told the crowd "the drummer's gone home".

NME's source at the show explained that the crowd weren't sure if Brown was being serious or not as he repeated, "I'm not joking, the drummer's gone home." Brown continued: "Get all your aggro out on me, I can take it." Then he added: "What can I say, the drummer's a c**t."

An insider at the show mentioned that there was a problem with the drumkit, though this has not been confirmed. "It was all going really well; they were really tight, they were pulling it off," said NME's source of the night's performance prior to the encore no-show.

NME reader Lisa de Jongh was also at the gig, and told NME that when Brown left the stage, the venue DJ started playing. "After the song ends, the audience [was] still clapping and yelling and hoping the band gets back [on]," said de Jongh. "The stage [was] empty, but then the crew walks on stage to get the back line down. Then everyone in the venue start[ed] booing and throwing beers."

The Stone Roses kicked off their first tour in 16 years in Barcelona on Friday. It was the first time the band, who announced their reformation last year, had played the city and their second show in 16 years, following a low-key gig in Warrington last month.

After the band's main set in Barcelona, the band came back on to play a 10 minute-plus version of 'I Am The Resurrection'. In contrast to tonight's show, the Spanish gig ended with the band in a group hug at the front of the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ah I'd say it's something out of nothing. (I hope!) Whatever happens I'd say at the very least the Manchester gigs will go ahead regardless. Too much money at stake.......after that, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Manchester gigs better be going ahead, been looking forward to the friday night for ages and it took us a long time to get some reasonably priced accommodation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Stone Roses have confirmed that all their summer shows will still go ahead as planned, despite frontman Ian Brown calling the band's drummer Reni a 'c**t' onstage in Amsterdam last night (June 12) - which you can watch below.

Ian Brown returned to the stage at the end of the gig as the crowd at the Heineken Music Hall waited for the expected encore of 'I Am The Resurrection'. He told the audience: "the drummer's gone home...I'm not joking, the drummer's gone home. Get all your aggro out on me, I can take it." He added: "What can I say, the drummer's a c**t."

An insider at the show suggested that there was a problem with the drumkit, although this has not been confirmed. A spokesperson for the band refused to comment, but said that all planned future performances will go ahead.

Last night was the band's third comeback show ahead of a series of sell-out homecoming gigs in Manchester's Heaton Park at the end of this month, as well as a string of European festival performances. It follows a surprise comeback gig on May 23 in Warrington - which was their first performance in 16 years.

Last night's The Stone Roses played:

'I Wanna Be Adored'
    'Sally Cinnamon'
    'Mersey Paradise'
    '(Song For My) Sugar Spun Sister'
    'Where Angels Play'
    'Shoot You Down'
    'Fools Gold'
    'Tightrope'
    'Ten Storey Love Song'
    'Waterfall'
    'Don't Stop'
    'This Is The One'
    'She Bangs The Drums'
    'Made Of Stone'
    'Love Spreads'

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Christ almighty what is it with these guys?? i love them but f***ing hell.....its like they go out of their way to make a balls of things

cant wait for Dublin just hope the bloody 4 of them are there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

66 quid for 14 songs and a band thats argueing, not great support my love for this is falling slowly and surely off the wagen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Just back from Amsterdam.Possibly the best show ever.And we had the good fortune to share breakfast with Brown and Mani who assured us they will see us at Phoenix Park.Also,Mani had the good grace to apologise for the lack of a encore without us asking.

Two lovey fellas they are.

And for what it's worth,Reni played and sung his heart out the whole show and appeared to fall off his kit at the end.If he had enough there were no complaints from us.He did a job last night and he did the sh*t out of it.295026_3812828093221_493110074_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

That my friend,is very f***ing cool(Mani is a top man by all accounts,no one seems to have a bad word to say about him)

20 days to goooo!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

hope they open with Adored, a few shows now they've opened with other songs...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Anyone know approximately what time this will be over at? I'm heading up from Waterford, hoping to get the bus or train back down afterwards.
    CiaranK wrote: »
    According to MCD

http://www.mcd.ie/listings/fg.php?c=8895057&ar=thestoneroses&cat=all
    **TICKETS ARE NOW SOLD OUT**
    LOL, I got 3 tickets on Ticketmaster on Sunday.

How many people are expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

LOL, I got 3 tickets on Ticketmaster on Sunday.

Tried this morning, you could still get 6 at one go. Just tried a minute ago, looks like they're finally sold out! I know they said that before but I'd imagine it's too close to the date to be playing games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Full Barcelona gig to get you in the mood:

Absolutely buzzing for this gig like never before. Serious lack of 'Elephant Stone' in the setlist though.
    Hopefully will get brought in at Heaton Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Few extra tickets on sale, according to MCD twitter.

Also, The Wailers, Mick Jones Justice and The Minutes added to the lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

The Stone Roses have just announced the full line up for their highly anticipated show at the Phoenix Park on July 5th. A limited number of extra tickets will also be released for sale on Friday 29 June at 9am from Ticketmaster Ireland

The full line up for the show is The Stone Roses, The Wailers, Mick Jones Justice and The Minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

The full line up for the show is The Stone Roses, The Wailers, Mick Jones Justice and The Minutes

Brillaint! :D

I was hoping that either Primal Scream or The Wailers would make an appearance. They should be great.

Wailers, Lovely Jubbely!

The timing is going to be short I'd say, if gates are at 6 and there's 3 bands before the roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Anyone have any idea what time the gig will be over at?

Need to organise a train/bus or hostel depending

My guess, and it is just a guess

6:00 - Gates
    6:30 - The Minutes
    7:15 - The Wailers
    8:00 - Mick Jones
    9:00 - Stone Roses
    10:30 - Finished

But that could also be completely wrong, A rough idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Det. McNulty

Do you think the curfew will be as early as 10.30? I was hoping for bigger support bands like the Vaccines, Noely G, or Primal Scream but if you think that the Wailers and Mick J are going to play a lot of Bob Marley and Clash tunes that's not such a bad way to warm up for the Roses. Watching the Barca gig and it's good, the singing is way of for Sugar and I think sometimes Reni gets over enthusiastic and sings too much and it puts Ian off. They are two completely different singers. Can't wait to see them. Pray for a sunny day.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

It's the Justice Tonight Band, isn't it? Not just Mick Jones?

Either way, there'll be a lot of Clash. His part of the set in The Academy was all Clash.

Edit: Here's a setlist from Cardiff:

plhhF.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Det. McNulty

Yeah it's justice tonight so it's the Farm and Pete Wylie as well. Maybe they'll get a few interesting guests along. The justice thing is for Hillsborough, not sure how long they're gonna keep it going for, will feel like they're milking it after a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement