Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Do you think the curfew will be as early as 10.30? I was hoping for bigger support bands like the Vaccines, Noely G, or Primal Scream but if you think that the Wailers and Mick J are going to play a lot of Bob Marley and Clash tunes that's not such a bad way to warm up for the Roses. Watching the Barca gig and it's good, the singing is way of for Sugar and I think sometimes Reni gets over enthusiastic and sings too much and it puts Ian off. They are two completely different singers. Can't wait to see them. Pray for a sunny day.

It'd probably be about 11 max because of where it is.

Well Mick Jones is with the Justice Tonight band which have members from The Farm and a few others, they'll do a good few Clash songs (I hope) and the Wailers do pretty much all Marley stuff so happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

How many people know all the words to all the stone roses songs and will be singing them all on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Yeah it's justice tonight so it's the Farm and Pete Wylie as well. Maybe they'll get a few interesting guests along. The justice thing is for Hillsborough, not sure how long they're gonna keep it going for, will feel like they're milking it after a while.

At least it's going to charity.

I really enjoyed the Academy gig, but I'm not sure how it will work on that big a stage, though. It was good in the small venue because everyone was singing along, but as a support act to that crowd, it could be lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

does anyone know who has the pouring rights for these gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

:D
    How many people know all the words to all the stone roses songs and will be singing them all on the day?

I will!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm guessing you've never been to a Roses tribute band gig then? :D

It'll be one big Karaoke session. (in a good way!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Can't wait for this now, hope they change their recent setlists a bit and add Elephant Stone, dont understand why they haven't been playing it! Anyone hear what the weathers gonna be like? And what's the alcohol situation in the park, never been to a gig in it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Yeah, I reckon it will be later than 1030 as well. The support isn't what I was hoping for either really. However, seeing the Roses live is going to be unbelievable. Even if the singer is worse than the guy from TSRE!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Det. McNulty

Where will the crack be in Dublin before this gig? Any particular pubs in the city that the fans will flock to? Good weather would really make it.

Where will the crack be in Dublin before this gig? Any particular pubs in the city that the fans will flock to? Good weather would really make it.

Normally I'd saying the likes of Bruxelles, The Foggy Dew or Whelans but because the gig is on a Thursday I'd say a lot of people would be heading straight to the gig after work. Those places would be busy afterwards but not before because they'd be too far away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Det. McNulty

Yeah forgot about the work thing, I'm coming from outside Dublin so it's 2 days off for me just to see the Roses! It probably will be quite then, might be worth heading down to Parkgate Street and having a few there, good pubs on that road with Ryan's etc.

My guess would be the Hole in The Wall just beside where the gig entrance is I think (If it's the same place as the Waits gig that time)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Are MCD doing shuttle buses from the city centre or possibly Heuston station? I vaguely remember them doing something like that at previous Phoenix Park gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Would the luas stop at Museum be reasonably close to the entrance?

I'm fairly sure that's where I got off going to Coldplay a few years back and it was a really really long walk in.

Glad to see the lineup has improved!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Heuston Station stop, the one after Museum would be the closest to the park though to be honest it's only a couple of minutes closer. From there it's probably 1.5-2 miles to the concert site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

mutley18 wrote: »
    Can't wait for this now, hope they change their recent setlists a bit and add Elephant Stone, dont understand why they haven't been playing it! Anyone hear what the weathers gonna be like? And what's the alcohol situation in the park, never been to a gig in it before.

setlist from last night
    1. I Wanna Be Adored[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    2. Mersey Paradise[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    3. (Song for My) Sugar Spun Sister[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    4. Sally Cinnamon[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    5. Where Angels Play[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    6. Shoot You Down[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    7. Bye Bye Badman[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    8. Ten Storey Love Song[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    9. Standing Here[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    10. Fools Gold[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    11. Something's Burning[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    12. Waterfall[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    13. Don't Stop[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    14. Love Spreads[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    15. Made Of Stone[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    16. This Is the One[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    17. She Bangs The Drums[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    18. Elizabeth My Dear[URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    19. I Am The Resurrection[URL="javascript:void(0);"][/URL]
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-stone-roses/2012/les-nuits-de-fourviere-festival-lyon-france-3bdf04dc.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Very little interest in this gig, I'd say there'll be loads of tickets avialable on the day. Too bad for me 'cause I have three I need to get rid of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Let's just say that YouTube is not Ian Brown's friend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

Very little interest in this gig, I'd say there'll be loads of tickets avialable on the day. Too bad for me 'cause I have three I need to get rid of.

Very little interest? It's sold out mate

• Advertisement

Goldigga wrote: »

It has sold out around 5 times at this stage!

The gig is a week away so there's enough time for it sell out another 2 times at least.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

My brother is looking for a bus thats going from tipperary to the show, anyone know of anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

There was a big ad for it in papers yesterday, and on the radio this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

OK it's sold out but there's loads of tickets avaialble online and people can't sell them (even well below face value).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I'm fairly sure it 'technically' sold out about 2-3 weeks after the tickets first went on sale.

All tickets available on Ticketmaster over the last few weeks is their new way of stopping touting i.e. keep a block of tickets and slowly release them in the weeks prior to a gig.

Edit: Here's a link to a story from December 2011 about it selling out

http://musicscene.ie/2011/12/stone-roses-phoenix-park-dublin-live-concert-date-sold-out/

Can't wait now. It's gonna be savage.

I'm guessing the Hole in the Wall gate is the best one to go in (assuming Bazmo's coordinates 53.364982,-6.32752 are correct). Last time I was at a gig in Phoenix Park was Chillies a few years ago and we went in the Parkgate entrance. It took fooking ages to walk to the gig. And back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Where is the best place to park for the gig if I am coming to Dublin on the M7 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭flasher0030

There are hundreds of ads on Gumtree selling tickets - most of them for approx €50 per ticket. It may be sold out (I doubt if it is) but I would hazard a guess that touts thought they would make a mint out of this, but demand is not what they expected.

I am going to the gig, and really looking forward to it. But I am disappointed that they only play 2/3 songs of The Secpond Coming. There are a good 6 songs on the album that can easliy hold their own.

Saw them back in the early 90s at Feile in Cork (I think). Right up the front. It was fantastic.

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Where is the best place to park for the gig if I am coming to Dublin on the M7 ?

It depends where abouts the gig is on. If it is where I think (At the hole in the wall entrance) what will probably be best is to come off the m50 at junction 6, so you are on the Navan road travelling towards the city and the park will be on your right. There is lots of housing estates around that area so I'd say traffic will be pretty heavy, I'm not 100% on the area either but I'd say have a look on google maps (Below is the entrance area). But somewhere around there might be handy if you could get it.

http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&q=Hole+in+the+Wall,+blackhorse+ave&ix=h9&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1241&bih=606&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Heading to Manchester on Friday going to the Saturday gig in Heaton Park cant wait now :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Heading to Manchester on Friday going to the Saturday gig in Heaton Park cant wait now :D.

Enjoy that is going to be awesome enjoy:D
    looking forward to Dublin now myself
    very hard to beat a hometown gig though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement