Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Heading to Manchester on Friday going to the Saturday gig in Heaton Park cant wait now :D.
    I'm heading over on Saturday for the Sunday gig! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'm heading over on Saturday for the Sunday gig! :)

Im Heading over on Saturday for the Saturday gig :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭TheGimp

Balls was supposed to be going to this gig, but the person who I was going with is in hospital and I have decided to give it a miss :( What chance do I have of shifting 2 standing tickets at this point in time? I understand there has been more tickets released right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

TheGimp wrote: »
    Balls was supposed to be going to this gig, but the person who I was going with is in hospital and I have decided to give it a miss :( What chance do I have of shifting 2 standing tickets at this point in time? I understand there has been more tickets released right?
    Slim to none. they're back on sale again. I have two I want rid of so went on toutless to see if I could do it there. there's hundreds of people desperately trying to shift them for stuff like €100 for two deals. I've put the feelers out to friends that if they're thinking of going, don't buy them, call me but everyone seems happy enough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

TheGimp wrote: »

Would you not go alone to the gig?? Given the occasion etc that it promises to be. I'm heading over to Manchester with a few friends on Saturday for the Manchester gig and will be back working in Dublin on Thursday and I will probably head along (and probably won't have anyone with me).
    If you really want to see them live then go. However, if you simply aren't too bothered and just want to sell the tickets then I'm afraid you're probably going to be bang out of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

With all the sh*tty weather we've been having, what are the chances Phoenix Park will be a mud-bath?

I've never even been there before so I have no idea what to expect... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

telekon wrote: »
    With all the sh*tty weather we've been having, what are the chances Phoenix Park will be a mud-bath?

I've never even been there before so I have no idea what to expect... :confused:

It will be soft under foot alright but the advantage is this is the first of the three gigs there next week so the ground will be fairly intact for the first few hours at least.

My advice, good pair of wellies, dark coloured pair of jeans and a decent water proof top or fitted jacket (the last thing you want is a huge body-warmer type jacket on).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Does anyone have any idea of how many are actually going to the gig?
    I presume that it is outdoors, which I think takes away from the atmosphere of a gig - soundwise and lighting. But still looking forward to it.

Only time I was at a gig in The Phoenix Park was for Arcade Fire years ago. THat was in a tent, but as far as I recall it was winter time (at least my memory of it was that it was freezing).

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

Im Heading over on Saturday for the Saturday gig :D:D:D

Im Heading over on Saturday for the Saturday gig.
    See yiz on the plane )

Does anyone have any idea of how many are actually going to the gig?
    I presume that it is outdoors, which I think takes away from the atmosphere of a gig - soundwise and lighting. But still looking forward to it.

Only time I was at a gig in The Phoenix Park was for Arcade Fire years ago. THat was in a tent, but as far as I recall it was winter time (at least my memory of it was that it was freezing).

They haven't announced any sort of numbers that I've seen.

I went to coldplay there a few years back and honestly I thought the sound was fantastic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 bourgie

I saw them in Lyon the other night: it was brilliant. Ian's voice isn't great but it doesn't take away from it. Fools Gold was absolutely amazing. First time seeing them live and so glad I went.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Katrina101

Hey,

Heading to the gig on Thur...can't wait....just wondering, does anyone know If there will be special buses laid on from town to the park? If so where can I buy tickets, and get the bus.

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,953 ✭✭✭paulbok

As usual Dublin Bus have no info up yet for an event that is only 6 days away, just in case anyone would like to make plans for getting there.:mad:

Cheers, I will keep checking their website....was worried incase I missed it...but I am not surprised there is no info:(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

paulbok wrote: »
    As usual Dublin Bus have no info up yet for an event that is only 6 days away, just in case anyone would like to make plans for getting there.:mad:

I wouldn't say they'll be laying on anything special because it's in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

The last time I went to a gig in Phoenix Park was the Chillies and Dublin Bus did lay on extra busses to the park. I'd be suprised if they didn't but as someone said, nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Slim to none. they're back on sale again. I have two I want rid of so went on toutless to see if I could do it there. there's hundreds of people desperately trying to shift them for stuff like €100 for two deals. I've put the feelers out to friends that if they're thinking of going, don't buy them, call me but everyone seems happy enough :(

2 for €70 now on Toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Clanket wrote: »
    The last time I went to a gig in Phoenix Park was the Chillies and Dublin Bus did lay on extra busses to the park. I'd be suprised if they didn't but as someone said, nothing yet.

Think that was before the LUAS was opened though wasn't it? If they do anything it'll just be to lay on extra trams from town.

Yep I think it was. I have vague recollections of the buses driving into the park and going straight to the part where the gig was on. While all us wallys walked for what felt like an eternity. Could be wrong though, it was a good while back.

Cheers, will keep an eye out....If worst comes to worst Luas and a long walk it is :)

I have a few friends coming over for the gig, not from Dublin was thinking of heading to the after party in The Button Factory afterwards....never been before...do you think we will get in with our wellies on? I think the DJ they have is pretty cool and will play ex Hacienda set...just not sure if this is the best place for us....worried crows might be too young...was hoping not as its billed as Stone Roses after party....just hope it suits us as we are all late 20's early 30's.....Any Ideas?

Cheers again for the Info...getting really excited now!

• Advertisement

Here's the location map of the gig. It seems that there will be a shuttle bus.

ROSES.jpg

Christ that's a confusing map. Any chance someone can get the exact coordinates on Google maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Christ that's a confusing map. Any chance someone can get the exact coordinates on Google maps.

Its about 50 metres to the left of the politicians car with the rent boy in it.

Bazmo are your original coordinates of 53.364982,-6.32752 correct looking at that map?

I'd be more worried about the size of that Giraffe in the Zoo!! It's feckin huuuuuge!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=53.367634,+-6.332424&num=1&vpsrc=0&ie=UTF8&t=m&z=15&iwloc=A

Bazmo are your original coordinates of 53.364982,-6.32752 correct looking at that map?
    Yeah, pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

In a real map it looks like this

210861.jpg

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about the size of that Giraffe in the Zoo!! It's feckin huuuuuge!

I just spat tea all over my desk. Thanks for that :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement