Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

i've never been at a gig in PP before. what's the set-up like? good visibility/sound right down to the 'back'?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭Morrison J

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Subject

Stone Roses Afterparty details: HERE & HERE.

w/
    A Guy Called Gerald - 4 Hour History Of Dance Set
    Graeme Park - 4 Hour Hacienda Classics Set
    Mark Kavanagh
    Liam Dollard

4 x rooms...

www.thetwistedpepper.com

A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray:

Hacienda & Graeme Park Interview:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

The View and Sound !! from the Heaton Park Pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

DominoDub wrote: »
    The View and Sound !! from the Heaton Park Pit.

Ian Brown sounding as bad as ever. Still can't wait though! Heading out to the airport now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Would The Hole in the Wall Pub be the closest to the entrance anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

finbarrk wrote: »
    Would The Hole in the Wall Pub be the closest to the entrance anyone?

Pretty Much. Hole in the Wall and Comiskeys on Blackhorse Ave and the Halfway House on the Navan Road would be the 3 closest boozers to the entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Anyone know if the lads would be at the after party?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'm getting soooo excited now *does happy dance* :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Just back from the Heaton Park gig... absolutely amazing, I thought Ian was sounding better than any of his solo gis I've been at , though to be honest , it was hard to hear him as the crowd were singing so loud!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Does anyone know what Clash songs we can expect from the Justice Tonight Band? I know Ian and John were onstage when they played Bankrobber but what Clash songs have they been playing regularly?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Just home from Manchester, and all I can say is they were amazing, put on a great show. Now roll on Thursday see if they can repeat it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Will there be car parking for the gig in the park, or is it public transport only?
    The only PP gig i was at was a big top gig and had parking.

It says on the mcd website that there is no parking for the gig and people who are driving should park in the city centre and walk to gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Looking forward to this now, weather will be miserable though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

It says on the mcd website that there is no parking for the gig and people who are driving should park in the city centre and walk to gig!

Yea just copped this on their website. What a jip.
    Parking
    “Please note that as this is a city centre Venue and is fully accessible by public transport therefore there will be
    NO onsite public car parking for the event except for those who have purchased special needs tickets and
    Require special needs car parking. If you are driving please use city centre car parks and walk to the venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Let's hope they put on enough bars for the Dublin gig.

I didn't think any que/bar situation in the world could be done worse than Slane, but I was wrong. The crowd didn't stand for it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I was at heaton park on friday. The bar was a joke. It took about an hour to get a drink. The stone roses were good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Came by the stagetimes on musicscene.ie

18:00 – Gates Open

18:30 – The Minutes

19:15 – Mick Jones

20:10 – The Wailers

21:15 – The Stone Roses

*Times are subject to change.

http://musicscene.ie/2012/07/stage-times-revealed-for-stone-roses-phoenix-park-dublin-2012-live-concert-date-on-july-5th/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Thought Mick Jones would have been on after the Wailers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I was hoping Mick Jones would be on after Wailers too.

I wasn't too far off with my time guess, It'll be over just before 11 I'd say.

Hopefully the weather will be a bit better than today, Going by Met Eireann it will be very rainy up till about 6:00, from there it will start to clear up. So hopefully it won't be too bad.

Looks like Wellies will be needed though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭flop

Hello,

Have the stage times for each act been announced yet?

Thanks
    Flop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

flop wrote: »
    Hello,

Have the stage times for each act been announced yet?

Thanks
    Flop

LOL really??

Anybody know if the ground is normally covered for gigs here or is it just the grass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

That's a long old walk!
    http://goo.gl/maps/dZSe

Isn't this a 45,000 capacity gig? No dedicated buses to it :confused:

Forecast doesn't look great either!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79510632&postcount=2539

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Cannot bloomin' wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

bush wrote: »
    I was at heaton park on friday. The bar was a joke. It took about an hour to get a drink. The stone roses were good though.

Yeh the bar was a joke, but luckily I didnt have to use it :D. Was at the Saturday show and had been told security was pretty lax at it, so all of us smuggled vodka in and didnt get searched once, the que for the bar was shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

why would you queue for an hour for a beer? Surely after 20 mins or 30 mins, you would call it a day???

I'd look at the que and just think 'feck that for a game of soldiers'. It's not worth it at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

seachto7 wrote: »
    why would you queue for an hour for a beer? Surely after 20 mins or 30 mins, you would call it a day???

If you've invested 20 or 30 minutes into queuing you might as well finish the job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement