Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Was at Heaton Park on Saturday. Had heard bar situation on Friday was a nightmare but didn't seem too bad on Saturday. Queue was huge but plenty of staff on and security ensuring no jumping so wasn't waiting longer than 7/8 minutes between starting to queue and getting served. Still a good idea to pick up as much as you can carry ie two pints and a Bacardi Breezer for each pocket. Souns system was good and Ian Brown has definitel had singing lessons IMO compared to other times I've seen him solo or on live videos. Pretty sure they started at 9.15 as well and finished a couple of minutes before eleven.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I was there on the Friday at Heaton. Nightmare with the bar situation but glad to hear they copped on and sorted it out for the rest of the gigs. Wonder how boggy it was by Sunday, lovely fresh virgin ground on the Friday.

I found the bass too high/ mid' too low on Friday. TBH, trouble making anything out for the karaoke singing! brilliant gig and chuffed to have made it.

Enjoy the gigs at Phoenix!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Ok guys, what do you reckon on this? Will it be a mucky one?
    Wellies and wet gear required?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Ok guys, what do you reckon on this? Will it be a mucky one?
    Wellies and wet gear required?

Unfortunately it looks like it :/

Looks like it'll be a very wet Thursday - http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Current forecast!

"Thursday will be quite showery with widespread heavy and occasionally thundery showers. Maximum temperatures of 17 to 20 degrees in light breezes"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Stinker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Came by the stagetimes on musicscene.ie

18:00 – Gates Open

18:30 – The Minutes

19:15 – Mick Jones

20:10 – The Wailers

21:15 – The Stone Roses

*Times are subject to change.

http://musicscene.ie/2012/07/stage-times-revealed-for-stone-roses-phoenix-park-dublin-2012-live-concert-date-on-july-5th/

I just got a mail from Ticketmaster giving the following information:

Gates open at 17:00
    The Minutes - 17:15
    * No queuing allowed before 16:00

No mention of the other bands times but this seems really quite early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Came by the stagetimes on musicscene.ie

18:00 – Gates Open

18:30 – The Minutes

19:15 – Mick Jones

20:10 – The Wailers

21:15 – The Stone Roses

*Times are subject to change.

http://musicscene.ie/2012/07/stage-times-revealed-for-stone-roses-phoenix-park-dublin-2012-live-concert-date-on-july-5th/
    reprazant wrote: »
    I just got a mail from Ticketmaster giving the following information:

No mention of the other bands times but this seems really quite early.

I also got this mail. I reckon the mail is wrong. It's been gates - 6PM since the get go. If anyone finds out for sure please post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

15mins is a bit crap for the supports to get a crowd in. Half an hour woulda been much better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

just got this one..

Public Information Notice for your Safety and Enjoyment

Ticketmaster would like to take this opportunity to thank you for booking your tickets with us. Please read this email carefully as it contains important information regarding the Pheonix Park event you booked tickets for.

If you selected "mail" as your delivery method, your tickets should have arrived at their intended destination at this stage. If you have not received your tickets by now please contact Ticketmaster Customer Services:

Phone Number: 0818 903001
    Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday 09.30 to 18.00

Event Information

The Stone Roses - Thursday 5 July 2012

* Please note times are subject to change.

For location map, visit: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/o8xxbn

PUBLIC INFORMATION

The Phoenix Park is the largest urban park in Europe with a unique history & ecology. Following consultation with the Gardai and Park Management the following arrangements have been made:

Please use public transport as there is no parking at the venue.
    If you are travelling from Dublin city centre the quickest way to the Phoenix Park is to walk. It is approx. 45 minutes walk from O'connell Bridge. If you are driving please use city centre car parks and walk to the venue as there is no parking at the venue.

For location map, visit: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/o8xxbn

Public Transport
    Concert Shuttle Bus
    A shuttle bus service will operate for all concerts from Custom House Quay in the City Centre direct to the Phoenix Park. The shuttle bus services will start one hour before Gates Open time each day and depart immediately after each concert. Cost is E7 return up to 24 hours in advance of each concert from http://www.bushiredublin.net/ or E5 single and E9 return on the day.

Dublin Bus
    These Dublin Bus routes serve the Parkgate Street Entrance of the Phoenix Park approx. 15 minutes walk to the concert site:
    25 Merrion Sq. to Lucan (Dodsboro)
    25a Merrion Sq. to Lucan (Esker Church)
    26 Merrion Sq. to Palmerstown (Cemetery)
    66 Merrion Sq. to Maynooth
    66a Merrion Sq. to Leixlip (Captain's Hill)
    66b Merrion Sq. to Leixlip (Castletown)
    67 Merrion Sq. to Maynooth
    69 Hawkins St. to Rathcoole
    46a Dun Laoghaire to Infirmary Road - walk to end of Infirmary Road and turn right

These Dublin Bus routes serve the Ashtown Gate Entrance of the Phoenix Park approx. 15 minutes walk to the concert site:
    37 Baggot St. (Grand Canal) to Blanchardstown Centre
    38 Baggot St. (Grand Canal) to Damastown
    38a Baggot St. (Grand Canal) to Damastown
    38b Baggot St. (Grand Canal) to Damastown
    39 Baggot St. (Grand Canal) to Ongar
    39a UCD Belfield to Ongar
    70 Baggot St. (Grand Canal) to Dunboyne

For more information tel: 01 873 4222 - 0830hrs - 1800hrs
    (Monday to Saturday excluding Public Holidays) or http://www.dublinbus.ie/.

Luas
    The closest Luas Red Line stop to the Phoenix Park is Heuston Station. You can leave the car at the Red Cow Park & Ride site on the N7. Heuston Station is approx. 20 minutes walk to the concert site.

Iarnrod Eireann
    If you are travelling from the south of the country the closest train station to the Phoenix Park is Heuston Station. If you are travelling by DART or train from the North or South East change at Connolly Station for the Maynooth Line. Ashtown Station is the closest station on the Connolly to Maynooth line to the Phoenix Park. The station is approx. 25 minutes walk to the concert site.

Private Coaches
    Please check with your local Ticketmaster agent for information on Private Coaches serving the concert.

Private Transport

Please do not drive to the Phoenix Park as there is no concert parking at the venue.
    Please use city centre car parks and walk to the venue or leave the car at home and use public transport.

Do not attempt to park illegally in areas surrounding the Phoenix Park, in local estates or outside local residences. Parking enforcement rules are in operation and your vehicle will be clamped or towed.

Your Safety

This is an outdoor event. Concert will take place rain or shine.
    DO

. Dress appropriately and always be prepared for the Irish weather... bring your Wellington boots!
    . Always check the weather forecast before setting off.
    . Please note STRICTLY over 17's only will be admitted for Swedish House Mafia, PLEASE BRING OFFICIAL ID, Patrons who are requested to prove their age and are unable to do so will be refused admission without a refund.
    . Please note under 16s must be accompanied by parent/guardian for THE STONE ROSES and SNOW PATROL, FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE.
    . Respect the property and privacy of residents in the vicinity of Phoenix Park.
    . For your own safety please co-operate with stewards and Gardaí and follow any loudspeaker announcements.
    . For your own & the safety of others please move slowly & quietly when exiting the Concert site & co-operate with stewards' directions.
    . Note that Catering and Bar facilities are available inside the venue. NO ALCOHOL OR FOOD is permitted to be brought into the venue.
    . Photo proof of age is required for sale of alcohol.
    . Note that official merchandising will be available inside the grounds only.
    . Note that the concert is being recorded for visual & audio broadcast.
    . Note location of Entry / Exit Gates, Emergency Exits, First Aid Posts and Water Points.
    . The Promoter deems that large outdoor festivals and concerts are not suitable environments for all children under 5 years old unless otherwise stated. We have no measures in place to facilitate babies and small children on site. This is to deter access for small children to areas where there are high noise levels which can damage their hearing.
    . Wear bright clothes or luminous armbands if you are walking in the dark.
    . Keep to lighted exit routes when exiting the Park.
    . There are no re admissions to the concert unless by prior arrangement through MCD

DO NOT

. Bring garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs, shooting sticks.
    . Drive to the event. There is no concert parking at the venue.
    . Do not park illegally. Towing in operation.
    . Do not buy tickets from unofficial sources.
    . Do not bring umbrellas, flagpoles or alcohol into the grounds. These will be confiscated at the ticket barriers.
    . Do not rush the exits after the concert.
    . Do not bring cameras or recording equipment into the grounds.
    . Do not crowd surf or mosh, as you will be removed from the venue without refund.
    . Do not walk on unlit routes when exiting the Phoenix Park.

Special Needs Parking

Located at Phoenix Park School
    Special needs information hotline tel. 0818 903001 or visit http://www.mcd.ie/
    Please email access@mcd.ie for further information regarding special needs parking. Please also ensure you contact MCD directly in advance with any additional special needs requests.
    For further event information please check http://www.mcd.ie/

Customer Queries /Feedback

If in advance you have any further non-Ticket related queries regarding any of the scheduled MCD promoted Phoenix Park shows please email customercare@mcd.ie

If during the event you have a query or wish to provide feedback in relation to the event, please contact a steward promptly. By ensuring to bring it to the attention of a member of staff, it will enable event organisers to address your issue more readily and ensure a more enjoyable experience at the concert. If you are not satisfied with the assistance or response that you have been given, it is your responsibility to request to speak to a member of MCD staff at the event. We are dedicated to delivering a high level of customer service but it is much more difficult for us to resolve an issue once the event has passed.
    We would appeal to all fans to respect the local community by not littering, not engaging in anti-social behaviour and by not parking illegally.

The security measures being taken are for the safety of all. Thank you for your assistance - enjoy the concert

Best Regards

Customer Services Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

DominoDub wrote: »
    The View and Sound !! from the Heaton Park Pit.

Jesus that is shocking. I'm not a huge fan so don't really know much about the band beyond their studio recordings, why can't he sing in tune? The band don't sound that great either. I know it's just a YouTube clip but I hope they sound a lot better on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

No queuing before 4pm? How strict do you think they're gonna be? My friend is planning on queuing before that, they'll hardly stop her will they?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

Just back From Manchester. Gig was out of this world. Songs sounding fresher than ever, Best band on the planet. FACT :)
    Hold tight Dublin. Its gonna be special.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭flop

Hi folks,

Will the stage be open air or will it be enclosed with a marquee?

Looking at the forecast for the week i hope to God there is a marquee!

Flop

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Jesus that is shocking. I'm not a huge fan so don't really know much about the band beyond their studio recordings, why can't he sing in tune? The band don't sound that great either. I know it's just a YouTube clip but I hope they sound a lot better on Thursday.

I didn't watch the clip but I was there and the sound was absolutely spot on, Brown's voice was excellent on the night, as good as I've hear him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

flop wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Flop

Open air I'm afraid.

I'm hoping the weather will improve, but its not looking likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

flop wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Flop

A 50k capacity marquee?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 The Cookie Monster

Yeh the bar was a joke, but luckily I didnt have to use it :D. Was at the Saturday show and had been told security was pretty lax at it, so all of us smuggled vodka in and didnt get searched once, the que for the bar was shocking.

We were there saturday, had heard the reports about the bar on friday, but had no problems only had to queue about 15mins each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Det. McNulty

The stage at Heaton Park looked pretty cool, lots of screens and a good light show. Wonder will we get the same stage at the Phoenix or is it a standard one being built for these three MCD shows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 ElephantStone

I honest to jaysus cannot wait for this. I see the Heaton park gigs weren't too strict on security, how do people think it'll be on Thursday? For those poor students with no money who might need ahem, their own cheaper options to the beer on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

No queuing before 4pm? How strict do you think they're gonna be? My friend is planning on queuing before that, they'll hardly stop her will they?

Tell her to stand beside someone until 4,and then behind someone after that.She'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Just back from Manchester guys and last night was unbelievable. I was in the second row of the pit for the entire gig. Ian sounded brilliant and the band were really tight. Excellent show!! Started at 9.10 and finished at 11.00.

Heading to Phoenix Park Thursday and cannot wait for round two!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I can't remember the last time I was excited about a gig as this.

I thought they would never reform. Everytime I look at the Internet I hold my breath that they haven't fallen out again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

ryaner777 wrote: »

19:00–01:00 01d.png 17° 0.5 mm vindpil.0025.070.pngLight breeze, 3 m/s from east-northeast
    Please, please, please

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

am trying to figure out whether to walk or get a taxi to the halfway house.

will be walking home for sure but.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Billy Mays wrote: »
    finbarrk wrote: »
    Would The Hole in the Wall Pub be the closest to the entrance anyone?

Pretty Much. Hole in the Wall and Comiskeys on Blackhorse Ave and the Halfway House on the Navan Road would be the 3 closest boozers to the entrance.
    Thanks Billy.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

irishbird wrote: »
    am trying to figure out whether to walk or get a taxi to the halfway house.

will be walking home for sure but.....

Train it to Ashtown? Thats what I'll be doing

So goddamn excited :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Anyone who was in Manchester, did you see the Wailers? What kind of set did they play? Many Bob classics?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement