Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Any tips of how to get to the front row of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sean1984

Any tips of how to get to the front row of this?

Get there early!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Are there shuttle buses going to the Trinity College area after the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 REDZIPPY

First post on here..... been getting some very useful info of you guys - so cheers !...

Anyways am coming over from Liverpool for this gig - didnt fancy Heaton park after seeing oasis their (not the best !) - so thought f*ck it lets go see em somewhere good !!!

Looking forward to it soooooooooooooo much !!!

REDZIPPY wrote: »
    First post on here..... been getting some very useful info of you guys - so cheers !...

Anyways am coming over from Liverpool for this gig - didnt fancy Heaton park after seeing oasis their (not the best !) - so thought f*ck it lets go see em somewhere good !!!

Looking forward to it soooooooooooooo much !!!

Enjoy :D

Oh and welcome to boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Booked an hotel. Yey! :D

Think we'll hit the Button Factory afterwards. Anyone know if tickets have to be purchased beforehand or can we pay at the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

It is pay at the door for the normal club nights that are on in the Button Factory, I'm assuming this is the same thing. What kind of tunes will he play do ya know. Like Roses, Mondays, Oasis, Inspiral Carpets.. that kind of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Anyone going to The Twisted Pepper after the gig or know what its like? Group of us from Limerick going up for the night and we are considering going here. The Hacienda classics looks like our cup of tea. :D

http://www.facebook.com/events/332127433524608/

I sure as hell hope there is no throwing pints of urine about the place as there was in Heaton Park.

I also a hoping to get the same stage/lighting/screen set up as Heaton Park, it looked sweet :)

• Advertisement

CiaranK wrote: »
    I sure as hell hope there is no throwing pints of urine about the place as there was in Heaton Park.

And that was just Ian Brown

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I also a hoping to get the same stage/lighting/screen set up as Heaton Park, it looked sweet :)

That wont be happening a friend of mine who works in line with that kind of work told me when i asked that it would take to long to tear it down and then re assemble by thursday so best we can hope for is something similar.

That wont be happening a friend of mine who works in line with that kind of work told me when i asked that it would take to long to tear it down and then re assemble by thursday so best we can hope for is something similar.

Ah thats a shame, the wrap around screens looked really cool when it was dark.

2012StoneRosesHeatonParkAtmos60SatRJ300612.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

bucks73 wrote: »
    Anyone going to The Twisted Pepper after the gig or know what its like? Group of us from Limerick going up for the night and we are considering going here. The Hacienda classics looks like our cup of tea. :D

Best club in Dublin imo. Will defo head in after the gig as long as I'm not soaked to the skin. 3 floors of dance classics so should be a quality night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

toutless.com has gone down, and said it wont be back til monday?!:D suspicious! someone might have been missing out on too many sales!!

rakes of tickets on there for 40 or even 35 today. Sign of the times for sure, brilliant!

anyone know how long the luas takes from red cow to heuston? hopefully get a taxi then nearer to the entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Det. McNulty

How busy will the Half Way House pub be before the gig? Thinking of getting the train from Connolly up to Ashtown Station. Halfway is right there beside the entrance. Looks the job. Will decide depending on the weather then when to go in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

bucks73 wrote: »

Yeah we're all heading in there after. Just hope they let me in with my wellies. They're wedge wellies so i can pretend there stylish knee high boots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ElephantStone

anyone know how long the luas takes from red cow to heuston? hopefully get a taxi then nearer to the entrance.

Roughly 25 minutes considering the high volume of users I'd say. The fact I live in Inchicore means a lovely short walk up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ElephantStone

Anyone know any decent afterparties that are free in? I'd love to go see Mike Pickering but that tenner would be better spent on drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

toutless.com has gone down, and said it wont be back til monday?!:D suspicious! someone might have been missing out on too many sales!!

Its up :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

anybody know how long from O'Connell Street to the gig? Walking that is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

bleach94 wrote: »
    anybody know how long from O'Connell Street to the gig? Walking that is
    Around an hour I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

budgemook wrote: »
    Around an hour I'd say

Wow, when i read an hour i thought bollocks, checked Google maps and from Lower O'Connell Street to gig entrance is 5.8kms!! 1hr 9mins walking, now that surprised me

Even from Hueston it;d be a good 30/40 minutes I'd say (Even though according to MCD it is only 20, but thats way off)

Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it, pretty cool docu about the fall of the band and manager

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

Ah thats a shame, the wrap around screens looked really cool when it was dark.

2012StoneRosesHeatonParkAtmos60SatRJ300612.jpg

They could easily hang those wrap around screens, with enough crew they'd be hung in no time. Wouldn't imagine they'd have the stage wings as wide for those outer screens though as all the acts are using same stage/pa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭Morrison J

We might just get away with it weather wise

This is the most accurate weather site I know- http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin/

Says it should stay dry from 12pm till 7pm but a bit of rain may fall between 7pm and 9pm. Could work out a lot worse than that.

I don't really mind if it starts raining during the Stone Roses set as it'll be the last thing I shall be thinking about at the time. Its more while waiting for them to come on and the walk to Phoenix Park that im hoping it stays dry for. I remember seeing the Strokes at Oxegen last year and a huge storm began right at the start of the set and I hardly even noticed as I was so drawn in by the music and the mental crowd. If anything I think a bit of rain adds to the atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

RayCon wrote: »
    Its up :confused:

aye no idea, musta been an old maintenance message they had up while they did brief updates.

is there a shuttle bus from heuston considerin some are saying a 30/40 min walk? The aviva woulda been so much handier!! hope to feck this is better than the shambles that was the chillis in phoenix park. worst sound at a gig ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Soft underground but good chance of keeping fine according to latest Met Eireann forecast

"On Thursday, showers will develop again with midland and southwestern areas having the heaviest of them in the afternoon and evening. However, there will be sunny spells too and it will feel warmer, despite northerly breezes. Highest temperatures 17 to 20 degrees Celsius."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Morrison J wrote: »
    We might just get away with it weather wise

This is the most accurate weather site I know- http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin/

Its raining now (Wednesday at 8am). This site says its not.

• Advertisement

Its raining now (Wednesday at 8am). This site says its not.

Tis sunny where I am in Dublin!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement