Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Kiera wrote: »
    Yeah we're all heading in there after. Just hope they let me in with my wellies. They're wedge wellies so i can pretend there stylish knee high boots :D
    should be alright with those.
    as a lad, i wouldn't try get in with wellies on after the gig though, it's still a club at the end of the day, "afterparty" or not. there'll be plenty of people there who weren't at the gig...
    as mentioned above though, it's one of, if not the best, clubs in dublin, good music, good atmosphere, nice crowd...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Setlist from Manchester.
    I Wanna Be Adored
    Mersey Paradise
    (Song for My) Sugar Spun Sister
    Sally Cinnamon
    Where Angels Play
    Shoot You Down
    Bye Bye Badman
    Ten Storey Love Song
    Standing Here
    Fools Gold
    Something's Burning
    Waterfall
    Don't Stop
    Love Spreads
    Made Of Stone
    This Is the One
    She Bangs The Drums
    Elizabeth My Dear
    I Am The Resurrection

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

There is an alternative to wellies actually; those plastic bag yokes that you can step into and they have elastic on the top. Dunno how resilient they are but they'd be a better than bringing wellies 'cause then you could take them off and throw them away when you come out from the gig.
    Be great if some entrepreneur-type was selling them outside the entrance on the day..

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

Anyone got the stage times for tomorrow ???

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 elephanttalk

lukin wrote: »
    There is an alternative to wellies actually; those plastic bag yokes that you can step into and they have elastic on the top. Dunno how resilient they are but they'd be a better than bringing wellies 'cause then you could take them off and throw them away when you come out from the gig.
    Be great if some entrepreneur-type was selling them outside the entrance on the day..

I won't recommend. I tried a pair of them when cycling home in the rain once - not very successful as they didn't keep rain out. They're used to stop dirt on your shoes getting onto to a clean floor (like in a pool). I reckon the first time you step into mud they'll be gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Ouravit wrote: »
    Anyone got the stage times for tomorrow ???

Thanks!

http://musicscene.ie/2012/07/stage-times-revealed-for-stone-roses-phoenix-park-dublin-2012-live-concert-date-on-july-5th/

17:00 – Gates Open

17:15 – The Minutes

18:30 – Mick Jones

19:45 – The Wailers

21:15 – The Stone Roses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

karaokeman wrote: »
    Setlist from Manchester.
    Looks good, replace Don't Stop with So Young and I'd be happy.

Anyone know where to go to get the 66 bus after the gig?

Coming from Leixlip, so this would be my best bet if I can't organise a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Katrina101

Hey,

I called The Button Factory yesterday to ask if we would get in with wellies on, the girl I spoke to says It should not be a problem.....just hoping the door peeps agree....:)

Only one more sleep....can't bloody wait!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Anyone know where to go to get the 66 bus after the gig?

Coming from Leixlip, so this would be my best bet if I can't organise a lift.
    right when you come out the Parkgate St. entrance and walk towards Heuston Station, before you get to the bridge across the Liffey, there's the stop for the 66. it's across the road from Ryan's pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I am staying near Stephen's Green, what is the nearest bus to get to Phoenix Park (nearest the concert site entrance) could anyone tell me? Thanks.

Katrina101 wrote: »
    Hey,

I called The Button Factory yesterday to ask if we would get in with wellies on, the girl I spoke to says It should not be a problem.....just hoping the door peeps agree....:)

Only one more sleep....can't bloody wait!!!!

Almost everyone in the button factory was wearing wellies after forbidden fruit, pretty much the whole club. They were also giving half price entrance to people with FF tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I was at the gig in Manchester in Heaton Park on Sunday.

Just to confirm. They are ****ing incredible!! And I wasn't expecting much to be honest.

Whatever about Brownies vocals, Reni, Squire and "Mani Utd" are as good as I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

I emailed The Twisted Pepper about wellies,
    Hey Dylan - probably best if you bring a pair of runners to slip into after the gig.

Cheers,

Eoin

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 10:34 AM, wrote:
    Re: The Twisted Pepper

Hi, I'm heading to The Stone Roses gig tomorrow and was planning on going to your after party, just wondering what the door policy is with regards to people wearing wellies?

Thanks, Dylan.

--

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Almost everyone in the button factory was wearing wellies after forbidden fruit, pretty much the whole club. They were also giving half price entrance to people with FF tickets.
    Exactly. It's a Thursday night, I can't see them refusing anybody just because they're wearing wellies, especially when they are actually looking for the custom from people after the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Is the Button Factory having some sort of after party on for the gig? Im not usually a fan of the place but maybe could be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

On site today, place is completely waterlogged... The white plastic flooring comes out to as far as the FOH tent, so the pit is covered and a bit behind it. Wellies are a must! 3 bars as far as I can see and I can only see one ATM so be prepared for cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Katrina101

Is the Button Factory having some sort of after party on for the gig? Im not usually a fan of the place but maybe could be worth a look.

Yeah they are having an after party ...Mike Pickering DJ'ing ....would not normally go myself....but looks good :)

http://ww2.buttonfactory.ie/profile.php?ID=2758

• Registered Users Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Setlist from Manchester.

No Elephant stone :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

pistonsvox wrote: »
    On site today, place is completely waterlogged... The white plastic flooring comes out to as far as the FOH tent, so the pit is covered and a bit behind it. Wellies are a must! 3 bars as far as I can see and I can only see one ATM so be prepared for cash.

Is there a pit?

• Advertisement

right when you come out the Parkgate St. entrance and walk towards Heuston Station, before you get to the bridge across the Liffey, there's the stop for the 66. it's across the road from Ryan's pub.

Cheers mate, now hopefully the crowds won't be too long, and assuming I can make it in 15-20 mins the best options for me would be the 22:45 and 23:20 buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

The Nal wrote: »

Is there a pit?
    Yerp

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Yerp

How many would you say it holds? Hoping to get there for 6, think I'll have a chance at getting in then or would it be too late?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

CiaranK wrote: »
    How many would you say it holds? Hoping to get there for 6, think I'll have a chance at getting in then or would it be too late?

I wouldn't hold out much hope, gates are at 5, you would need to be there for 5 I imagine, I am not even going to try

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

darryn wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold out much hope, gates are at 5, you would need to be there for 5 I imagine, I am not even going to try

Coola boola. I read from Heaton Park they were giving out pit passes for hours. I know that I won't make it up before 6. Although being a Thursday you never know, with folks in work and that, might get one. Not holding out much hope though.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

Pardon my ignorance - what's the FOH tent? Can see why pit is covered as you'd imagine thats where most of the pogoing/dancing will be done and they'll need it in some sort of shape for the other gigs.

It's the entrances to the jacks and the bars that are always manky and could also do with the flooring,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Is there any parking available on the Ashtown road side of the park?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Looks good, replace Don't Stop with So Young and I'd be happy.
    Waterfall into Don't Stop was one of the highlights from Heaton Park for me. Can't see it being dropped.
    CiaranK wrote: »
    Coola boola. I read from Heaton Park they were giving out pit passes for hours. I know that I won't make it up before 6. Although being a Thursday you never know, with folks in work and that, might get one. Not holding out much hope though.
    The pit was over 17,000 capacity in Heaton Park according to the security bloke I was talking to, and the Pit entrance was only really obvious from one entrance. They were still giving out wristbands well into the Wailers when I was there on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

just picked up 2 tickets for VERY VERY good value, buzzing is not even the word!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

I just saw a photo of the site there. The muck is unreal. It's all torn up because of tractor tires. I suppose that's mainly around the toilets and that but it's as bad as I've seen at any festival in the area I saw in the photo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement