Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

budgemook wrote: »
    I just saw a photo of the site there. The muck is unreal. It's all torn up because of tractor tires. I suppose that's mainly around the toilets and that but it's as bad as I've seen at any festival in the area I saw in the photo.

Any chance of a link to it?

Macy0161 wrote:
    The pit was over 17,000 capacity in Heaton Park according to the security bloke I was talking to, and the Pit entrance was only really obvious from one entrance. They were still giving out wristbands well into the Wailers when I was there on the Friday.

17'000, wow that is some pit! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

They could have included one or two more songs from The Second Coming. Would loved to have seen Tightrope and Tears/Good Times added along with Elephant Stone!Still though,It's going to be biblical!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Is there any parking available on the Ashtown road side of the park?

There is parking at the Phoenix Park train station. About a 5 minute walk from The Halfway House pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

budgemook wrote: »
    I just saw a photo of the site there. The muck is unreal. It's all torn up because of tractor tires. I suppose that's mainly around the toilets and that but it's as bad as I've seen at any festival in the area I saw in the photo.

Put a piccy up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

How far is it to walk from the heuston station phoenix park entrance to the gig ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Ouravit wrote: »
    How far is it to walk from the heuston station phoenix park entrance to the gig ?

According to MCD 20 minutes, really though it's about 40 I'd say, it's a good distance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

CiaranK wrote: »
    Any chance of a link to it?

17'000, wow that is some pit! :O
    Put a piccy up!!!

314845_3536736069298_723353984_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Wellies it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Iano must have had a word with the weather gods!

Tomorrow:
    Generally warm and dry on Thursday with sunny spells. However scattered showers will develop, a few of which will be heavy; most likely in the southwest of Munster and the west of Ulster. Highest temperatures 18 to 21 degrees Celsius. Winds will be light, coming from a northeast direction

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Ouravit wrote: »

It's about a five minute walk to the the park entrance at Parkgate Street, but the walk from there to the concert site is a good 20 minutes.

Edit:- Actually revise that. According to google maps, it's only 500m from Heuston to the Parkgate entrance. But from the entrance to the the concert site it's over 3km. Although from previous gigs there I seem to remember them allowing taxis to take people up to the concert site as they leave Chesterfield Ave. as a through road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

There are a number of gigs on there over the next while.

I am sure they will put down hay and what not to cover the worst parts of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

reprazant wrote: »

Just got told there they're putting a lot more of the plastic covering down around the site. If it was standalone gig I wouldn't say they would have biothered but with the two other gigs they have to keep ground in some sort of condition.

Have been promised pics later this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

been absolutely lovely weather all day today, so i'd say most of the site will firm up/drain fine as long as there isn't much rain overnight, and as mentioned above, they'll prob put hay/chippings over the driveways.

forecast is looking pretty good for tonight and tomorrow too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

reprazant wrote: »

That is pretty mucky, would want to cover the place with tree chippings or something

Never mind the photo I put up. The weather out there is savage, they will put down plastic and wood chippings or whatever. Pair of boots will be grand. Wellies if you're worried. Either way we're all going to have a savage time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

been absolutely lovely weather all day today, so i'd say most of the site will firm up/drain fine as long as there isn't much rain overnight, and as mentioned above, they'll prob put hay/chippings over the driveways.

forecast is looking pretty good for tonight and tomorrow too...

if you think one day of half decent weathe rwill dry up the rain we've had in the past weeks youre in for a muddy shock id say!

itll be a mess tomorrow, god knows what by sunday. wellies coming to work with me tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

df1985 wrote: »
    if you think one day of half decent weathe rwill dry up the rain we've had in the past weeks youre in for a muddy shock id say!

itll be a mess tomorrow, god knows what by sunday. wellies coming to work with me tomorrow!
    well it dried up completely overnight at forbidden fruit with some sun in the morning, so 2 days should be absolutely fine for tomorrow if the drainage is half-decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Just one more night to go. Can't wait! I never thought I'd ever get to see my favourite band perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

Bright or brief sunny spells again on Thursday and dry apart from some scattered light showers. It will be slightly warmer too, with temperatures rising to between 17 and 20 Celsius, in light to moderate breezes.

SORTED :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Forecast is dry for the rest of the day, dry all night and dry and warm tomorrow.
    Along with the organisers drying the place out with machines and sticking wood chippings down on the bad spots, I reckon you can forget about wellies.

And forget about bringing jackets (well, I definitely won't anyway), warm tomorrow too. Thank fúck for ireland changable weather, at the start of the week it looked like it'd be a washout!

So, weather isn't an issue any more, back to important stuff. Anyone know what beer is on sale there and how much a pint is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

The suns bating down now, if it's like this tomorrow it'll be savage. Hopefully it dries up the field a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

Gerlad wrote: »
    pistonsvox wrote: »
    On site today, place is completely waterlogged... The white plastic flooring comes out to as far as the FOH tent, so the pit is covered and a bit behind it. Wellies are a must! 3 bars as far as I can see and I can only see one ATM so be prepared for cash.

Pardon my ignorance - what's the FOH tent? Can see why pit is covered as you'd imagine thats where most of the pogoing/dancing will be done and they'll need it in some sort of shape for the other gigs.

It's the entrances to the jacks and the bars that are always manky and could also do with the flooring,
    FOH="Front of house", where the sound and lighting are controlled. Don't be fooled by the white plastic tho, walking through it today I got soaked as its just sitting on puddles and hiding them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

What's the ticket situation like?

What's the ticket situation like?

Any amount of them available. If you're looking for a good second hand deal check out toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6 eircom email is crap

Really can't wait for this, does anybody know if it's ok to bring drink into the gig,hoping to bring some whiskey and coke in a small coke bottle,

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

Really can't wait for this, does anybody know if it's ok to bring drink into the gig,hoping to bring some whiskey and coke in a small coke bottle,

In Manchester the security was pretty lax, but these are two completely different shows I'm hoping.

In Manchester there was about 20 ATMs and around the same number of portaloos! (ok maybe a few more)

In Manchester the security was pretty lax, but these are two completely different shows I'm hoping.

In Manchester there was about 20 ATMs and around the same number of portaloos! (ok maybe a few more)

Some of the security here can be quite rough so i'm not sure if i should try hide it down the front of my trousers, if they search me and touch it i can just say i have a massive c**k haha. Jesus i hope there's enough portaloos not easy holding it in when you're drunk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

. Jesus i hope there's enough portaloos not easy holding it in when you're drunk!!

If it's like the Manchester gigs, make sure you bring an umbrella
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2012/jul/03/stone-roses-wee-problem

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Apparently throwing plastic pint glasses of urine was back, and looked to have more life in it than than Ian Brown's questionable attempt at a rap during the breakdown of Love Spreads
    Forgot about that. :)

I actually thought it was quite good.

• Advertisement

UsedToWait wrote: »

Haha i don't care if i get piss thrown on me as long as i get to bring a wee bit of my own drink in with me (don't fancy queueing for 45 minutes for crap beer and paying €5/€6 for it) and get to see one of my favourite bands

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement