Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'll be wearing my oldest, tattiest pair of Converse so it doesn't matter if it's wet or dry haha. Would really like if it didn't rain but I'm sure it won't make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

but1er wrote: »
    if i ran boards id ban every mongo who comes on here and asked the same questions doing my head in, ill bang there fu**ing drum!!!
    any1 no wat da set times r?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cossy09

CiaranK wrote: »
    The wailers are pretty great too :)

The Minutes are a great Dublin live band but got a **** slot Doors open 5pm and on stage 5.15 Crazy stuff:confused:

Anyone know nearest pub to the venue Halfway House or Hole in the wall?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

cossy09 wrote: »
    The Minutes are a great Dublin live band but got a **** slot Doors open 5pm and on stage 5.15 Crazy stuff:confused:

Anyone know nearest pub to the venue Halfway House or Hole in the wall?

cheers

I haven't really heard any of their stuff, I'll try listen to some before I leave tomorrow.

And it's pretty much the same distance from concert site to both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,536 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I'll be wearing my oldest, tattiest pair of Converse so it doesn't matter if it's wet or dry haha. Would really like if it didn't rain but I'm sure it won't make any difference.

Spot on man,im gonna be wearing the oldest pair of runners I can find and dont care if it rains or not.Back into the city after the gig and change before heading out for the night.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Spot on man,im gonna be wearing the oldest pair of runners I can find and dont care if it rains or not.Back into the city after the gig and change before heading out for the night.

Didn't know you were heading to this lad. I'm trying to get Anto out for a few.

Like you said, back to the hotel, quick change and out on the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

I just seen on Twitter that the justice tonight bands slot is 6:30 - 7:15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

but1er wrote: »
    if i ran boards id ban every mongo who comes on here and asked the same questions doing my head in, ill bang there fu**ing drum!!!

But seriously, should I wear wellies tomorrow?

I just seen on Twitter that the justice tonight bands slot is 6:30 - 7:15

Thats great, I was hoping for a long slot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

ceegee wrote: »
    Pissing on a fence / grass is done in response to lack of toilets. Firing piss at others is done due to being f***ing scum.

Hey I'm not condoning it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Nkay, did u get sorted with a spot to stay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

kegzmc wrote: »
    Does anyone know when this gig is on? Are tickets on sale yet?

TeeHee :)

Kiera wrote: »
    Scuze me, will der be gargle at dis?

I presume so!
    the better be!!:D

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Didn't know you were heading to this lad. I'm trying to get Anto out for a few.

Like you said, back to the hotel, quick change and out on the town.

Couldnt miss this gig.Should be class.

Anyone have any ideas where would be good to drink before and after the gig?

yabadabado wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas where would be good to drink before and after the gig?

we're just gonna head to the sub lounge in Tara St beforehand as I think they've cheap pints and handy enough for the Luas. I'm sure there are much better places! Not sure about after, what kind of place are you looking for? Pub or club?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

I haven't really heard any of their stuff, I'll try listen to some before I leave tomorrow.

You're missing out. Start with Fleetwood, Black Keys and Heartbreaker. All belters.

Like any outdoor gig, there's going to have been machinery onsite all week. There was rain for some of the week but there's been rain the last month pretty much solid so it's going to be mucky there where people congregate. The bars and toilets will be mucky regardless. If you can handle your runners being thrown away post-gig, then bring them. If you can't then wear wellies.

The bars might not be to busy if they don't serve alcohol:D

we're just gonna head to the sub lounge in Tara St beforehand as I think they've cheap pints and handy enough for the Luas. I'm sure there are much better places! Not sure about after, what kind of place are you looking for? Pub or club?
    Im not fussy .Would there be anywhere before the gig where fans would be meeting up?Thinking of going to the Button Factory afterwards.

Nkay, did u get sorted with a spot to stay?

I did indeed thanks. There was a space in a room with my friend's brother so I'll be in the Maldron, Parnell Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I've to make it out to Burgh Quay by midnight to get my bus home...am i really pushing it? Would i be able to get a taxi or something back into the city by then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

You're missing out. Start with Fleetwood, Black Keys and Heartbreaker. All belters.

You forgot in my time of dying! Easily their best song, sounds incredible live and it's just as good as led zep's version :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 eircom email is crap

ceegee wrote: »
    Pissing on a fence / grass is done in response to lack of toilets. Firing piss at others is done due to being f***ing scum.
    I certainly won't be throwing piss at anyone, it does my f*****g head in when people can't go to gigs without trying to ruin it for everyone else. Someone s**t in my tent at oxygen years ago and havn't been back to it since. So a nice day out without piss or s**t would be nice. In saying that i was just changing my wee boys nappy and he pissed on me so hopefully that's not a sign of things to come haha. C'mon the Roses and blow my mind!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

I'm planning on walking from the gig to the city centre in and around the Trinity College area, will that be relatively safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

I'm planning on walking from the gig to the city centre in and around the Trinity College area, will that be relatively safe?

safe yes but you'd want to be gettin sponsorship for doing a walk that long!

Let this day in work pass....at my desk with a sneaky heaphone in listenin away...cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

df1985 wrote: »
    safe yes but you'd want to be gettin sponsorship for doing a walk that long!

Let this day in work pass....at my desk with a sneaky heaphone in listenin away...cant wait!

Serious? How long should it take? Also, will there be t shirts for sale at this?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Thats basically a 10k walk.........I did the exact one backwards for charity during my college years!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Serious? How long should it take? Also, will there be t shirts for sale at this?

I'd say 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how fast you can walk. They'd be crazy not to be selling t-shirts at this event.

Thats a long walk!
    I believe they are putting on shuttle buses from the Custom House

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

If its like the Heaton Park concert there will be t shirts on sale but they didnt have a set area or shop that I seen but people walking around through the crowd selling the official ones is all, and I only seen them once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

What is the weather like there today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement