Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Lon.C

What do you think. Runners, Boots or Wellies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Lon.C wrote: »

Pair of Penny's finest and Cons in a bag for after :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ffud101

Dry-Ground-744746.jpg
    xtal191 wrote: »
    Any pictures of the ground from today??
    Is that the ground at the phoenix park or your back yard?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Stupid question no doubt but presumably you can just walk into the Phoenix park with a few tinnies before the gig?

Drinking in public is illegal i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Also, here are a couple of maps that I mashed up with faq type data available from MCD and the Phonenix Park.

http://bit.ly/PcsrXu

http://bit.ly/M0QVDf
    Also, also, if you geo-enable your tweets of the gig (any reference to "The Stone Roses") they'll appear on the map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

Its not its just frowned upon , like ma*terbating on an airline , ever since 9/11 everyone is so sensitive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

oh no what will i do then??? you think the Guards could be bothered taking beers off people before they enter the venue. you are mistaken!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Also, also, if you geo-enable your tweets of the gig (any reference to "The Stone Roses") they'll appear on the map.

Don't tweet during the gig people. Please don't. Please. Just live your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

oh no what will i do then??? you think the Guards could be bothered taking beers off people before they enter the venue. you are mistaken!

Bothered ? i couldn't give a fiddlers fcuk;)

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Are the gates that are closed just closed to cars. Are they open to pedestrians do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Waiting on my lift to the pub. Fcuk you wellies I'm wearing runners :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Stupid question no doubt but presumably you can just walk into the Phoenix park with a few tinnies before the gig?

In this weather i think it's illegal to walk up through the phoenix park to a stone roses gig without at least 3 cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

The road closures are listed hereunder –
    The North Road / Back Road:
    The North Road:
    This road is closed from Cabra Gate to Ratra Triangle to ensure that the emergency route is sterile from 14.00hrs on each concert day.

The Back Road:
    This road shall be closed from the Mountjoy Cross to Ratra Triangle from 14.00hrs on each concert day. This road is kept sterile to facilitate the emergency route.

Odd Lamp Road:
    This road is closed to facilitate the movement of patrons entering Gate ‘B’

The gate closures are listed hereunder –

1. Ashtown Gate:
    This gate shall be kept closed at all times to facilitate the emergency route. There will be a garda presence at this gate at all times, during its closure. This closure will commence at 14.00hrs and will remain closed until the conclusion of the concerts, when normal opening times will apply.

2. Cabra Gate:
    This gate shall be entry and exit for the duration of the diversions. All vehicles entering via this gate will be directed to turn left towards the North Circular Road. No vehicles will be permitted to turn right. All vehicles approaching this gate will be directed to exit the Phoenix Park at this point. This diversion will commence at 14.00hrs and will remain in place until the conclusion of the concerts, when normal opening times will apply.

Phoenix Park Gates:
    Hereunder is a list of all the gates into the Phoenix Park in geographical order and showing the diversions, if any, applicable to each –

Castleknock Gate:
    No diversions at this point. Motorists will be able to enter / exit the Phoenix Park via this gate.

Ashtown Gate:
    Diversions outlined above. Alternative entry gates at Castleknock or Cabra gates can be used.

Cabra Gate:
    Diversions outlined above.

North Circular Road Gate:
    No diversions at this point. Motorists will be able to enter / exit the Phoenix Park via this gate.

Parkgate Street Entrance:

Islandbridge Gate:
    No diversions at this point. This will remain an ‘exit’ only gate and will be utilised by coaches, shuttle buses and taxis and normal vehicles in the Phoenix Park.

Chapelizod Gate:
    No diversions at this point. This will remain an ‘entry’ only gate. Coaches and shuttle buses will use this gate to enter the Phoenix Park.

Knockmarron Gate:

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Anyone know whos headling tonight???

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Is that just for cars do ya know pclive? I was hoping to get in from the Ashtown Gate road by foot.

Would imagine cars only

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Is this the set list? Found it online.

Adored
    Mersey Paradise
    Sugar spun
    Sally Cinnamon
    Where angels play
    Shoot u down
    Bye bye bad man
    Ten Storey
    Standing here
    Fools Gold
    Somethings burning
    Waterfall
    Dont stop
    Love spreads
    Made of Stone
    TITO
    She bangs
    Elizabeth my dear
    Resurrection
    ...Secret song :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

I presume all tickets for these have the word "SUCKER" printed on them in large, bold, red lettering?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Lon.C

Kiera wrote: »
    Waiting on my lift to the pub. Fcuk you wellies I'm wearing runners :p

That's more like it. Runners it is so! Now where did I put that sun cream.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Will it be possible to get a taxi from town to near the gig in the Park or will the road closures mean you can only access it by foot or on that ridiculously overpriced bus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Lon.C wrote: »

The only attire to be worn at this gig shall be. Addidas Zip ups or buttoned up polos, faded jeans, white runners and fisherman hats!

Oh and don't forget your king monkey swagger.

Other ways of getting to the concert venue:

http://www.irishrail.ie/cat_news.jsp?i=4642&p=116&n=237

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/General-News/Phoenix-Park-Concerts/

Taxis will be permitted to drop passengers on Acres Rd (road between Papal cross and Chesterfield Avenue) only

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I just drove through the park about 30 mins ago through the Ashtown Gate entrance, which is were the stage will be situated. Spoke to a couple of Gards and asked them what roads will be open. They said that the Ashtown Gate Road and North Road will be closed in a couple of hours but the rest of the southside of the park entrances will be open. So it will be handy to just get a taxi up to the gig.
    They also said that there'd be no parking allowed in the park and there did seem to be an awful lot of no parking cones around the place, although there were loads of cars parked around the zoo.

The ground seemed fine, lots of people out running through the short grass. I think there'll be parts of the venue like a swamp, but there seemed to be a lot a bark chippings around the place. I'm gonna chance runners, and just try and avoid the swampy areas. The MCD weather probably has more to do with the fact that it's due to rain again over the weekend for the other 2 gigs.

It's definitely illegal to consume alcohol in public in Ireland. Although with events like this the Gards tend to turn a blind eye as long as you don't take the p1ss.

The easiest way to the concert on public transport is on Dublin Bus routes:
    38a
    38b
    39a
    These routes all operate to Navan Road @ Ashtown Roundabout which is about 5 min walk to the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭fourmations

hi

is the shuttle bus just any old bus?
    will it get there any faster that the regular bus,
    or have special access or any of that?

basically, is there any advantage in the 9 quid shuttle as against the regular buses, lastly, can i just get one back to the city afterwards

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Just get the Luas.

A bit of an extra walk from the luas stop but it would only be about a half hr walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Also, here are a couple of maps that I mashed up with faq type data available from MCD and the Phonenix Park.

http://bit.ly/PcsrXu

http://bit.ly/M0QVDf
    The Nal wrote: »
    Don't tweet during the gig people. Please don't. Please. Just live your life.
    Well if someone could just tweet a picture of the current state of the ground in the venue that would help quite a few people live their life in the most appropriate attire for the evening.

Wouldn't that be good too?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭billybunty

Great info thanks people. Will a taxi be able to drop us off at ashtown gates does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

CiaranK wrote: »
    Is that just for cars do ya know pclive? I was hoping to get in from the Ashtown Gate road by foot.

Nannies already locked two entrances beside hole in the wall and are in full nazi mode already.

Why aren't they out catching real skangers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Trix

the stone roses are doing their sound check. sitting out the back of work listening to them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement