Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

Just checked the forecast, no rain is meant to fall between now and tonight. Woo hoo!

So I guess that means no wellies and no raincoat. Just a regular jacket would probably do.

I just want to buy a t shirt! :-) They don't have the Phoenix Park ones on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Any idea what beer / cider they sell at the bar inside?
    Do they search people at the entrance?

They will search you and confiscate any beer/cider not affiliated with the band/promotor/venue.

Also the Stone Roses are notorious for human trafficking their fans so they will fingerprint you at the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭WhimSock

doncarlos wrote: »
    Anybody know if they are searching wellies going in through the gates?

I hope not, i'm intending on drinking from mine later.

Finished work in 5 minutes \o/

Have a brilliant night lads and lassies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Everyone is so scared of rain and mud. **** me. You'd swear we don't live in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Just checked the forecast, no rain is meant to fall between now and tonight. Woo hoo!

So I guess that means no wellies and no raincoat. Just a regular jacket would probably do.

I just want to buy a t shirt! :-) They don't have the Phoenix Park ones on their website.

I'd keep the wellies, the ground is likely to be fairly wet added to 30,000 people walking around means mucky as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭markiemark2005

Any idea what beer / cider they sell at the bar inside?
    Do they search people at the entrance?

Normally dont sell cider and the beer will be one of the mass market piss brands and they will prob charge 6 or 7 quid for a pint.

Your best bet is to get some gin/vodka/rum/whiskey and stick it in a coke bottle and take it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

Is there pedestrian access from the ashdown entrance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

tonights forecast: disappointment

this gig is goin to be shyte

I'm insoide. Bring wellies in a bag or whatever, its likely to get muddy whe more legs trod the earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

WhimSock wrote: »
    I'm insoide. Bring wellies in a bag or whatever, its likely to get muddy whe more legs trod the earth.

So its not mucky now? Is the ground dry? Is it just like normal ground? Would I get away with runners, if I stay towards the back and not where the masses are?

Any sign of a merch stand or t shirts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Is there pedestrian access from the ashdown entrance?

Looks like their is
    http://www.mcd.ie/listings/fg.php?c=8895057&ar=thestoneroses

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

tonights forecast: disappointment

this gig is goin to be shyte

Says the loser with no ticket. :p

Ground a bit wet in places, gravel on some of it.
    There is a merch stand, a bit ****, imo.

Youll be grand in runners, its not too bad like. Might be later though, dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Lol I actually came on here to find out the Welly situation. Looks like I'm not the first!!!'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Me too. Leaving the gaff around 7:30pm so let's have a firm answer (no pun intended) by then please!

WhimSock wrote: »
    Ground a bit wet in places, gravel on some of it.
    There is a merch stand, a bit ****, imo.

Youll be grand in runners, its not too bad like. Might be later though, dunno.

Any sign of those pink Phoenix Park tees? Thanks Whimsock!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Lol I actually came on here to find out the Welly situation. Looks like I'm not the first!!!'

AxC7lmJCIAAUVui.jpg:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Any estimate as to when they'll be on stage? I have to grab food before I head in.

Zapho wrote: »
    Any estimate as to when they'll be on stage? I have to grab food before I head in.

I think you'd be safe being back at the stage at 8.45, just to be sure. Can't imagine they'll be on earlier than 9pm.

• Advertisement

Yeah deffo welly territory now at beer tents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Eileen Down

I really wish I could of got back to Dub and gotten off my nut for this one.
    Have deadly night y'all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

We're Jammin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

2hrs on the dot! Heard the lot....even in Blanch...well the bass and blurry vocals!! :D

Sirens galore now, g'luck everyone gettin home in one piece :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

so were there many creamers at this gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

anniehoo wrote: »
    2hrs on the dot! Heard the lot....even in Blanch...well the bass and blurry vocals!! :D

Sirens galore now, g'luck everyone gettin home in one piece :o
    I've never been one to dwell on sound at a gig but it was pretty bad tonight. Guitar and drums very clear, bass and vocals not so much. Still, after waiting almost 20 years, I've seen them twice in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Great gig, particularly the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

Please taxis to hole in the wall.

2 taxis try to run you down when crossing the road but none when you need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

Brilliant! Amazing gig. Wonderful. Superlative defying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Great gig, the sound definitely varied alot depending on where you were standing. I was with a group of mates just to the side of the sound mixing/lighting scaffold and it sounded shyte, moved 50m further back just behind the speakers at the back to meet another group and the sound was great. Atmosphere really picked up towards the second half, would definitely see them again if they come back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement