Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭clubcrown

The Nal wrote: »
    Spare a thought for the poor ****ers who have to go to the gigs at the weekend after last night and todays weather!!

Actually, scrap that. Lets all laugh hysterically at all of them.

Thats what you get for buying a ticket for Snow Patrol. You get punished by God.

Given that everybody in this thread is a Roses fan, I think its fair to say anybody who buys tickets for Swedish House Mafia or Snow Patrol deserve to drown in the mud we kicked up last night :D

(By the way the rain has been torrential here since 11am. And I live near the venue. Its going to be very very messy)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

clubcrown wrote: »
    Given that everybody in this thread is a Roses fan, I think its fair to say anybody who buys tickets for Swedish House Mafia or Snow Patrol deserve to drown in the mud we kicked up last night :D

(By the way the rain has been torrential here since 11am. And I live near the venue. Its going to be very very messy)

Ah F**k off - some of us have other halves to bring and no option. Though if there was any other way out of the dog house I would now gladly take it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Incredible gig. The Stone Roses were awesome. Ian Brown is a charismatic frontman par excellence. If you went to the gig to try and pick out the odd flat note in his vocals, you may as well have sat at home and watched some godawful talent show on TV instead. He was brilliant last night, by the way. The rest of the band were mindbendingly good too. The version of Fool's Gold was particularly great. They didn't play this at Feile in '95 so I was really looking forward to hearing it live this time around, and it really was worth waiting for.

I think we need to split this thread into one for what people thought of the band, and another one for moans about MCD organisation. My attitude was "what would 18 year old me think of some mud and a bit of a trek home?". He wouldn't care, so the more 'mature'/'grown up'/'older'/'wrecked' version didn't care either.

Now, who wants to join me in humming the bass line to I Wanna be Adored again?
    Dumdumdumdedum....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

sparea thought for those like me who were at roses, know just how bad the mud is, see the weather today.....and is going tomorrow. the rain keeps falling :(

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭markiemark2005

Allyall wrote: »
    Anyone heard any rumours on any forthcoming release(s)?

By the sound of some of their jamming last night they def have some new material, sounded very very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

The Nal wrote: »
    Also, anyone experience the "taxi rank" mess after in the park? There was a taxi run organised for them to come in from Chapelizod, do a loop and pick up people. It lasted 5 minutes and then went tits up. People were then directed in any old direction out of the park. Pitch black into the woods sort of stuff. I met a couple of 17 year old girls who were totally lost and a bit scared.

1st Gig at Phoenix for me since the Pope in 79 sound at that was awful also:)

Yep I was in the Queue with Miss Gunner and someone kicked a taxi and it was close to fisty-cuffs. MCD stewards did not have a Scooby Doo what was going on...

Ended up walking into town not to bad a walk

As for the gig well saw Stone Roses Feile 95 and this gig was much better though not hard not to be As for the King Monkeys singing well it went in and out of tune but the music made up for it

Muc yeah been there done that Q for beer a laugh form an orderly Q ah wait a second just everyone join anywhere you want:o

That's Monday's, Carpets, Farm, Charlatans etc seen are the Mock Turtles reforming:D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭flop

Great gig. i was really suprised by how tight the band were. it was a perfect summers evening at the park.

I did not bother with the onsite bar as i knew it would be a shocker. memories of previous MCD outings come to mind will these cnuts never learn?

The crowd beside me at the right of the mixing desk were generally well behaved. there were a few messy cnuts on gargle/yokes so i simply moved a bit to avoid aggro. saw a few twitter/blogheads texting through the whole show. i guess it must be a generation thing.

Getting home was not too bad. 15/20 min walk to the navan road and got a 39 back to clonsilla. happy days.

two things that could help improve things for next time. 1) could someone sell soft drinks outside the park after the show? I was fair parched after singing all evening. 2) could irish rail not run a late train to from ashtown after the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Anyone else sitting in work slightly hungover wishing it was on tonight again? :(
    You obviously don't have windows where you work. It's been raining heavily all day. The Phoenix Park will be a swamp tonight!

CiaranK wrote: »
    I got a HD video, I will have a look at the photos and if there is any decent ones I'll bang them up later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX0f1Ds70Sk
    The guy looking after the video screens messed up before that song started. Mani held up his Bass and showed the back of it to the crowd and it had "Mani Utd." on the back of it. It got funny reaction from most of the crowd in Manchester as they thought it said "Man Utd." on it. :D
    They didn't show it on the screens last night so nobody noticed it.

chutney50 wrote: »
    This is probably a stupid question but is there any contact for lost and found after the gig?

I lost my fleece in the pit (I know it's probably been trampled on by a thousand muddy feet but still).

Don't see anything obvious on the MCD website. Thanks:)
    Haha. Serious optimism there buddy. Take a picture of it and stick it up here if you do get it back! :D

Not sure if this post was directly addressing me but as I agree with a lot of what that poster says I'll say this. There's a big difference in enjoying the music and the atmosphere, engaging in general rock'n'roll behaviour etc.
    ...and then there's what was going on beside me large groups of people standing with their back to the stage talking for the entire gig and taking photos of each other and bumping into everyone around them to get a better angle for their photo.

All I object to is that a lot of people seemed to be there to tag photo's of themselves at the gig - I'd say to them, do whatever you like but if the music has absolutely no bearing on you being there then don't bother going or at least don't ruin it for people who are interested in listening to the band.
    There was a guy at the gig on Sunday with a bloody iPad and he spent most of the time take pics/videos of himself and his mates. Now that's retarded!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yep I was in the Queue with Miss Gunner and someone kicked a taxi and it was close to fisty-cuffs. MCD stewards did not have a Scooby Doo what was going on...

I saw that! Huge dent in the car! Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

Loads of tickets around for this yesterday. Great gig last night . Squire was immence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 pk88

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0706/rain-weather-met-eireann.html

Never mind a swamp itl be like the Irish sea!but if the Stone Roses were playing 2night in that rain we`d all still be there and all still LOVE IT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

Shane Meadows has said that they are working on a few new songs.

Ive attached a cool pic i found on dont stop. Never attached a pic on this site before so hope y'all can see it. Brilliant pic !!!:)

Thought Reni was great. They'd be half the band without him. Squire is superb but hes a little sloppy in his timing sometimes.

Very small criticism because all three musicians are a joy to watch. Mani is an absolute beast.

Ouravit wrote: »
    Shane Meadows has said that they are working on a few new songs.

Ive attached a cool pic i found on dont stop. Never attached a pic on this site before so hope y'all can see it. Brilliant pic !!!:)

212025.jpg

That pic is from their Ivory Coast gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Did anyone think the graphics on the screens were, well, kinda sh*t? The big middle ones were totally out of sync with the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

It was great to see so many 30 somethings off their chops. The band were good too.

This is from his Irish gig.

Ian_Brown2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I finished work at 4.45. Was on the bus from Cavan at 5pm and got off at the bus stop at the Halfway House at 6.45.

Had a couple of drinks there (outside bar with a dj) with mates and then at 8pm we went in through the Ashtown Gate entrance. We were inside the venue by 8.20.

We got a drink really quickly, walked through the various barriers for about 5 minutes and were then only waiting for another 5 to get beer. I got 2 pints as did most of my mates. After having suffered the nightmare at the bar in Heaton Park last Friday it was great to see a much better organised bar area this time around.

Then it was time to find out vantage point and ring all our remaining friends who we were to meet. By the time the Roses came on there were about 10 of us and we had a great view of the stage.

Great gig and then it was time to go home, thankfully my parents live on Blackhorse Avenue so I stayed with them last night and was home by 11.45 but it was a disgrace that more lights where not put on for people walking through the park.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

Your sister?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Thought the Gig was brilliant and the support acts were superb. Didn't have any of the issues with the organisation that other people seemed to have. There was a fantastic amosphere and everyone seemed in good form.

Thought toilet queue's were ok but just couldn't understand why tons of people were just pissing against the fences and some of the burger vans when loads of urinals were free :confused:.

Found it easy to get out of the Park - Ashtown gate, had a few beers and waited for crowd to die down and got taxi back into town.

I think the Phoenix Park is a good venue especially when compared to Marlay Park and Punchestown.

Its going to be a mudbath tonight though...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Geri Male wrote: »
    Your sister?

Nope My better Half...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

It was hilarious at Electric Picnic seeing men pissing against the walls of the toilet entrance!

flyswatter wrote: »
    It was hilarious at Electric Picnic seeing men pissing against the walls of the toilet entrance!

People last night pissing up against the wall 20 feet from the toilet. Some halfwit knacker had a piss right beside me in the middle of the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Had an amazing time last night. Brought the 14 year old nephew along (massive SR fan) and he was just blown away. Band as a whole sounded great, John in particular.
    I've seen Ian a number of times over the years and I gotta say he sounded great.
    Have to laugh at some of the complaints some of ye have too make, gigs will be better off without ye imho.

Anyway pic from Radio Nova, great day! :)

imagewdv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gigantic09

Very enjoyable gig.Agree with the people who say to do the drinking beforehand and avoid the bar if possible.Was very envious looking across the barriers at the people in the pit as they had loadsa room to give it socks.Bit squashed at the barriers so the revelry was a bit constricted.Was pretty mucky leaving the venue but maybe not quiet of WW1 on the western front proportions.Hope that in time to come people will have forgotten about about all the other issues and remember the night they saw a great band on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pert

I'd have crawled over broken glass to see the Stone Roses, so the mud didn't bother me one bit

There was a class buzz, hugging and kissing people beside me, had a few smaller people up on my shoulders they must have been loving it such a view

Belfast should be pumping, the crowd will be mental

There were a good few fellow northerners there was talking to loads of lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

was the whole pit covered in plastic flooring or much up the front at the second barrier, i was back a bit and didnt see. could be worth knowing for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Morrison J

df1985 wrote: »
    was the whole pit covered in plastic flooring or much up the front at the second barrier, i was back a bit and didnt see. could be worth knowing for tomorrow.

Ye the whole pit and a bit outside of the pit also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Morrison J

If anyone comes across a bootleg of the gig last night id love a PM. Best gig of my life.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Kiera wrote: »
    You sound like one contankerous aul fcuk tbh. I'm glad I wasn't near you or the fun police during the gig.

You see, you probably were near me and I thought you were an idiot. That's the thing.
    As for fun, well, if I go to see the Stone Roses play a comeback gig, my idea of fun is to hear the music in all its glory, sing and dance and enjoy it. It's not shouting rubbish with my friends non-stop which everyone around is forced to listen to or concentrating on getting up on someone's shoulders to take photos, falling into all and sundry, drunk as a lord. I can do that in Coppers. It's the Stone Roses!
    John_Rambo wrote: »
    Here's Econoline Van and his mates at a gig. pacman.gif

I burrowed my way up near the front with my brother and we jumped up and down, bellowing the words with everyone else with a good crowd (finally) around us. It was absolutely magic.

I can only assume you're both about 19 or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement