Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Another one of Fool's Gold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Big Game wrote: »
    Trust me, there was loads of that going on in Heaton Park last Saturday.

Was there on the Friday, didn't see it happen at all

nm wrote: »
    Was there on the Friday, didn't see it happen at all

Apparently it did happen quite a bit.

I seen loads of plastic pint glasses flying through the air on the Sunday (as you do at all gigs) but I just assumed it was full of beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

I see T In The Park is on BBC3 all weekend. Wonder will they be showing the Roses gig. They dont seem to be listing who they are showing on the website.

Anyone heading to Lisbon next week ?

One last video. I Am The Resurrection breakdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭dasdog

Sometimes I forget how brilliant people are

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Gerlad

Some amount of precious people on here. The musicianship on show last night was unreal and while Brown will never be note perfect he was more than adequate and a great front man to boot. The home stretch of the setlist as it got darker was brilliant.

Only bought 2 beers in there and both times it was bar up the back to the right and was waiting no longer than 10 minutes. Entered in and out of Ashtown gate and got bus back to town in 25 minutes.

Didnt see lads falling round the place and there were actually ZERO arrests last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭G.MAN

The Nal wrote: »
    Just scored a freebie! :)

So explain to me why you are moaning about giving MCD money for the gig when you apparantly got a free ticket?
    Was it a loyalty reward from MCD for spending "tens of thousands" of Euros with them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Ouravit wrote: »
    I see T In The Park is on BBC3 all weekend. Wonder will they be showing the Roses gig. They dont seem to be listing who they are showing on the website.

Can't be having the brit-hating SR on Aunty, the queen may be watching. Brown has already "wiped his backside" with an english flag on this particular tour outside his slagging of the queen, which is mandatory as part of the setlist.

they'd be celebrating em in the listing otherwise - closest thing to say a Rolling Stones these days so curious omission behind professor green, jessie j n the tv listed rest so they must know the score.. modern mainstream festival is like x-factor roster otherwise; thought the beeb had taste this suggests censorship to me maybe a pre-recorded snippet over the weekend? else complete snub.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,144 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

s8n wrote: »
    I would bet your known as happy Larry by your mates !!!!

I would bet YOU'RE known to your mates as a thick c**t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Can't be having the brit-hating SR on Aunty, the queen may be watching. Brown has already "wiped his backside" with an english flag on this particular tour outside his slagging of the queen, which is mandatory as part of the setlist.

they'd be celebrating em in the listing otherwise - closest thing to say a Rolling Stones these days so curious omission behind professor green, jessie j n the tv listed rest so they must know the score.. modern mainstream festival is like x-factor roster otherwise; thought the beeb had taste this suggests censorship to me maybe a pre-recorded snippet over the weekend? else complete snub.

roses have refused bbc permission due to a exclusivity deal with Shane Meadows for the documentary and a dvd release of heaton park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Bizarre. Almost as much as the photography rights clampdown how convenient for the bbc. And lizbeth der, who'd likely choke on her tea for Brown has bn spittin some caustic shìt bout her :/ they couldn't risk airing that..

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cossy09

theparish wrote: »
    Great night fullstop.No rain,what were the odds.
    Did anybody get to see the minutes,were they any good.
    Forgot to mention the Roses are playing at the T in the park
    tomorrow night and the beeb normally show coverage.

The Minutes were excellent given the fact that had a crap slot. Probably only 200/300 there at that stage but they were loud and did Dublin proud. Watch this space.

Stone Roses were fantastic . Reni What a drummer!!! Squire and Mani excellent. Brown impressed me with his onstage antics and efforts to get around and work the stage and getting to shake hands with the crowd. Vocals a little off in parts but that was no surprise. i was in the VIP tent so happy days no mud issues but jaysis the mud and walk trying to get out of the park was a different story MADNESS. All in all though great night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I would bet YOU'RE known to your mates as a thick c**t

Nope - not even close Einstein !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Answering some questions - yes there were lots of taxis at the Ashtown Gate exit, but you'll have to force your way through the fencing which they had bizarrely closed but had to open due to the sheer numbers of people. We were in a taxi 5 minutes after getting out of the venue.

Mind the mud. It was very muddy in place on Thursday, and that was after 2 days sun. The rain yesterday will make it very bad. You will need wellies.

Get a t shirt - they good quality! I got a pink one like Ian Brown wore at Warrington.

Didn't bother going to the bar. Why? I don't like Heineken anyway!

Does anyone know why they take the lid when you buy a bottle of water?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

Fantastic gig, went with my mate who is in a wheelchair and I gotta say mcd did a great job for wheelchair users.

There was a walkway from entrance to the wheelchair stand and they waited on the crowd to dwindle before letting us out.
    Though while walking to the stand we were moving people off the walkway got to a group of people huddled together, politely asked twice before one of them noticed us and broke the huddle, there in the middle of it was a classy girl taking a piss. Glad she made a show of herself, and probably on her complaining about the toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Great gig, the soundtrack to my youth right in front of my eyes. Parked just at Ashtown gate, didn't drink as don't see the point at concerts.

Waterfall was class, though Don't Stop was not.

Finally got hear Sally Cinnamon live as Ian didn't do it at his last solo show.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

They always take lids off bottles, If I'm bringing water I always take the lid off and keep it in my pocket before going through security, then just pop it on when I get in.

I threw one of these up a few pages ago, have another one now. In case you missed it I'll just link it again. In HD it looks much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

[QUOTE=eviltimeban;79603871

Does anyone know why they take the lid when you buy a bottle of water?[/QUOTE]

I presume its so if its thrown then all the liquid will disperse from it in the air and not injure anyone it hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

What an amazing gig. I had been to gigs at the Phoenix Park before so I knew what to expect. Got a bus from the Navan Road afterwards and we were in town by 1145. No where near as bad as Slane in 2009. I would love to see them in a smaller venue; I think Brown's voice would carry far better in The Point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

symbolic wrote: »
    I presume its so if its thrown then all the liquid will disperse from it in the air and not injure anyone it hits.

But that doesn't happen right? Chances are if it was even half full then a lot of the water would remain in the bottle. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

But that doesn't happen right? Chances are if it was even half full then a lot of the water would remain in the bottle. Oh well.
    If you were given a choice, what what you rather have flying over the crowd towards your head - a full bottle with the cap on or a full bottle with the cap off?

Does anyone know why they take the lid when you buy a bottle of water?

They travel further and faster when thrown with the lid on.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

That's always been the official reason, but there's also the fact that you pretty much have to drink it all at once, so when you're thirsty again in an hour, you have to buy another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Melion wrote: »
    The problem last night was idiots willing to queue for an hour to spend a fiver on a pint of píss. Easily the best gig I've been to in my 12 years of gig going

Youre really not f****n listenin, are you? Many of the people there didnt have time to drink beforehand trying to just get there after work, and many others had to give up drink at the gates, so what would you suggest after that?

I suggest chilling out for a start - not anyone else's fault you didn't have time to get drink on board !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Great gig. Bit of a rough element, though, which surprised me because I assumed that since the crowd were older they would be better behaved.

One incident really annoyed me to see. I was outside the bar and some guy was wobbling along with a tray of four beers when some guy came out of nowhere, ran straight into him (somehow the bloke pushed managed to save most of the beer) and then ran off. Anyway, I was thinking 'what a fool', when the guy who ran into him stopped, turned around to his mates and walked back laughing after yer man walked on. So basically this guy ran into him to spill his beer and no reason other than to be a dickhead. Now, if this guy was 16 or something I would write it off as teenage high jinks, but this bloke was easily 40 if not more.

It kinda set the tone, crowd-wise for me, a bunch of drunken, messy 40 year olds with 2.4 children at home desperate to recapture their lost youth... kinds like the Roses!

Great gig, though. Really enjoyed seeing Reni and Mani playing together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭dasdog

Great gig. Bit of a rough element, though, which surprised me because I assumed that since the crowd were older they would be better behaved.

One incident really annoyed me to see. I was outside the bar and some guy was wobbling along with a tray of four beers when some guy came out of nowhere, ran straight into him (somehow the bloke pushed managed to save most of the beer) and then ran off. Anyway, I was thinking 'what a fool', when the guy who ran into him stopped, turned around to his mates and walked back laughing after yer man walked on. So basically this guy ran into him to spill his beer and no reason other than to be a dickhead. Now, if this guy was 16 or something I would write it off as teenage high jinks, but this bloke was easily 40 if not more.

It kinda set the tone, crowd-wise for me, a bunch of drunken, messy 40 year olds with 2.4 children at home desperate to recapture their lost youth... kinds like the Roses!

Great gig, though. Really enjoyed seeing Reni and Mani playing together.

I thought the crowd behaved impeccably well. The good buzz feeling was palpable. Pockets of Irish people in dance offs singing away.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭keryl

Thought they were very good.

Crowd was great too, actually in some ways a little too behaved (or quiet)...sorry..

Drinks stopped at 10???

Only problem I had was the exit, we walked down then followed a sign saying city centre -Taxis Shuttle --->
    Followed it, got there they said this is only private buses, then they said go over to the public, went to them they said you needed a ticket from earlier. Kept walking, got to two guards who didn't seem to know too much either lol
    They said, taxis that way, city centre that way so we went for the city centre as they said it was closer eventually got to the entrance of phenix and it was pretty busy.

Wasn't the best organisation to be honest but that said I don't want to put down the gig, I Am The Resurrection was brilliant at the end, drinking outside the concert was the way to go I think, looked like a great laugh.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Best gig I was ever at. Slapped Ian Brown's hand twice, the man is a hero. Can't wait until they come back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

the bar was closed at 9.50 not 10. :mad: band finished at 11.10.

fook you MCD.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement