Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

CiaranK wrote: »
    They always take lids off bottles, If I'm bringing water I always take the lid off and keep it in my pocket before going through security, then just pop it on when I get in.

I threw one of these up a few pages ago, have another one now. In case you missed it I'll just link it again. In HD it looks much better.

CiaranK, you must of been standing right beside me. Those are my duclet *cough* tones that you can hear singing!! :o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

wreckless wrote: »
    the bar was closed at 9.50 not 10. :mad: band finished at 11.10.

fook you MCD.

were people actually more concerned about getting drinks during the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭G.MAN

the bar was closed at 9.50 not 10. :mad: band finished at 11.10.

fook you MCD.

Why on earth would you want to queue for beer during The Roses set????

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

i went over for a slash and down to the bar for the last handful of drink that could be managed back to where we were standing. when i got to the entrance, the hi-viz brigade had just closed the railings and aguy was announcing on a megaphone that bar was now closed and to go away, basically. I was fuekn fuming when i looked and it was only 9.50. and i tell you , anyone else that was there beside was the same, this woman well into her fifties, sober as a judge gave one man earful of abuse , and rightly so, seriously, not even 10 o clock, and i thought the law for out door events was 10.30 anyway? so, taking the fuken piss is why everyone was so annoyed. they were only a few songs into their set at that stage and only getting warmed up.

yeah, we all know who was playing! but in all honesty. why so early?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

i went over for a slash and down to the bar for the last handful of drink that could be managed back to where we were standing. when i got to the entrance, the hi-viz brigade had just closed the railings and aguy was announcing on a megaphone that bar was now closed and to go away, basically. I was fuekn fuming when i looked and it was only 9.50. and i tell you , anyone else that was there beside was the same, this woman well into her fifties, sober as a judge gave one man earful of abuse , and rightly so, seriously, not even 10 o clock, and i thought the law for out door events was 10.30 anyway? so, taking the fuken piss is why everyone was so annoyed. they were only a few songs into their set at that stage and only getting warmed up.

you had all day to drink before they started

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭G.MAN

So, the Stone Roses are 20 minutes into their first Irish gig in 17 years which I presume you paid 70 Quid for and you would rather queue for warm Heineken???...What ever floats your boat I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

G.MAN wrote: »
    Why on earth would you want to queue for beer during The Roses set????

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Seriously, why did you bother going? You could have saved €65 by just staying in the pub.

This kind of complaint wrecks my head, the goddamn Stone Roses were halfway through their set at 10...who the hell goes to the bar??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

you had all day to drink before they started

maybe you had??? bit presumptuous? id love to have been outside in the park drinking all day...

we all had a great gig, sure there was almost half the town at the gig, met some friends i havnt seen in about 10 years, soundtrack to our youth sure. great stage, lighting show, sound and set. was well prepared in wellies too!!! ;)

and what a cracken evening too.! amazing considering the forecast all week

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭keryl

Nah as if

Bought drinks before hand but if the bar wasn't closed at 10 or 950 as someone said lol there wouldn't be massive queues earlier, only minor but you know 10 is a bit odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

CiaranK, you must of been standing right beside me. Those are my duclet *cough* tones that you can hear singing!! :o:o:o

Haha, Cool. I just hung at the back of the pit, it was great. Lots of room, great view and the sound was spot on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

They are headlining T in The Park tonight and are not letting the BBC broadcast their set, I'm not impressed, was looking forward to it. Why are they not allowing it to be shown? This benefits nobody.

mutley18 wrote: »
    They are headlining T in The Park tonight and are not letting the BBC broadcast their set, I'm not impressed, was looking forward to it. Why are they not allowing it to be shown? This benefits nobody.

It benefits shane meadows, the director of the documentary coming out at the end of the year. The band will also be releasing the heaton park gigs on dvd. So its fair enough i think to keep their performance exclusive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Shane Meadows has exclusive rights to recording their live shows. They are releasing a DVD showing the band getting back together and one of the shows at Heaton Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Haha. "This benefits nobody" :)

They have an exclusivity deal with some film maker to make a documentary/DVD of Heaton Park.

Ok my bad, it benefits their pockets with the fat DVD deal then.

Ok my bad, didn't realise that you must have a financial stake in their business. Maybe you should get your solicitor to look into it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Dont they deserve it after being fucked over in the past with money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

They didn't see a penny from their first album. They deserve to milk that cow.

telekon wrote: »

Ok my bad, didn't realise that you must have a financial stake in their business. Maybe you should get your solicitor to look into it...

I'm confused, I admitted I was in the wrong as the footage not being shown will mean bigger DVD sales, thus more money for the band and Shane Meadows. Are you looking for one of them pointless Internet arguments? Not interested, have a good night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

From BBC3's twitter
    As @edibow and @gregjames said, although we try to bring you guys as much #titp as we can, The Stone Roses preferred not to be broadcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

They didn't see a penny from their first album. They deserve to milk that cow.

Did Ian and John, the songwriters, not get royalties? They surely did get money. Every songwriter does I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

A few pics from the night

D2A3D8C7BFD547F98D6AEAC8A70FC9B6-0000323799-0002922984-00800L-C6B02066E7294FA5AA6D2D907740A4DE.jpg

79B8DDD85F4A423D843D680A1711E933-0000323799-0002922979-00800L-A91943CD168B4879A70ECC55E4551C47.jpg

more here
    http://pix.ie/mickh51/album/445798/goto/2922984

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Only getting to post here now was to hungover to function yesterday, but have to say amazing gig for me and also for me better than he heaton park gig, much better atmosphere in the crowd still delighted to have seen them twice in one week :D.

Now i know getting out of the place was a shamble and i did have to throw a good pair of runners in the bin when i got home but hey thats not what its all about it was a fantastic show and the main thing for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Fun enough gig good songs, good crowd reaction, well-behaved (except for whatever tool up the front went crowd surfing while holding a flare), although the organisation either side of it was... disappointing. Very disappointing. Particularly when trying to get out, half the roads had no stewards and the only lighting was oncoming traffic. Really quite dangerous. Someone screwed up by allowing either pedestrians or traffic down that way. We were just waved on through at the start and that's the last we saw of pretty much anything until we found some gardai at one of the exits. Where the hell were the stewards?

I also thought whoever organised the bars was having a laugh, the queue for the bar was constantly bombarded by the stream of people coming OUT of the bar area. It really wouldn't have been hard to ensure that the flow of people didn't crash into itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Could anyone who was there Thurs tell me if the Castleknock gate for the park was open after the gig? Thinking of parking that direction tonight but don't wanna get stuck if gates are locked!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

sillysocks wrote: »
    Could anyone who was there Thurs tell me if the Castleknock gate for the park was open after the gig? Thinking of parking that direction tonight but don't wanna get stuck if gates are locked!

Yeah, was defo open & actually quite handy to get out of.

having attended two previous concerts at the phoenix park, i swore id never go again, BUT i had to make an exeption for the stone roses!!!

i knew it was going to be a muck place for a gig but it was amazing anyway!! brilliant gig, great crowd ( only saw two young scrotes, out of their bins!) i knew what to expect in the park so wasnt surprised or disappointed.

in fact, enjoyed it so much that today i got a ticket to see them in Belfast, cannot wait, even more excited now ive seen them once!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I thought it was probably one of the best gigs I've ever been to. I'm not a huge Roses fan but they really impressed me. I was expecting them to be all over the place and for Brown to be doing a Liam Gallagher esque performance but those expectations were completely dashed. Brown was completely cool, very charismatic and he engaged with the audience brilliantly. I thought it was excellent that they were really appreciative to be there, so many bands can be arrogant and not really put in any effort into their music live but this gig was so refreshing to see. The musicianship was impeccable, Squire's guitar playing had plenty of flash moments, excellent soloing and so forth. Renni on drums, wow, so much skill and as a band they were very tight, the extended jams were the highlights for me. There are only a few other gigs that I would rate as highly, and to their credit they completely shattered my assumptions, great musicians and the music was upbeat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement