Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Report the item, I just did. The more that do it the better.

why would you report it?? ebay is for selling, if someone is stupid enough to pay the money that's their problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Just ordered an extra ticket there for a mate no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

nm wrote: »
    The venue isn't built yet, presumably they will just scale the size of the thing to meet the demand.
    No need to buy extras for mates in that scenario.

They would need a set capacity for licensing terms, health and safety rtc. Not just a case of throwing up a few barriers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

That's incredible - I just got tickets first go. I spent 3 hours on Ticketmaster when the Manchester gig went on sale without any luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dots104

That was far easier than i thought it would be to get tickets. I guess the demand isn't that high or they have expanded the capacity pretty high

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

3 tickets in the bag, no problem!! Happy days!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Due to the amount of Tweets MCD were sending out about it, I got the impression they were concerned about ticket sales somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

once mcd leave 4 tickets there for me its grand :)

dont sell out

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

sh*t bought too many at 8am..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,595 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The Stone Roses aren't as popular as many here would think. They've been gone a long long time, they don't have that many songs (although all are epic) and they've not released anything new (yet) to coincide with the reunion (and possibly wont).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Total disgrace, makes my blood boil that they get away with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

lukin wrote: »
    Total disgrace, makes my blood boil that they get away with this.

They're idiots for putting up an ad like that when you can still buy tickets normally via Ticketmaster at face value.

I can't imagine liking any band or artist enough that I would pay so much over the odds for a ticket to see them, although I know that ad is for 4 tickets.

When I went to the Darkness, I think a girl outside was trying to buy a ticket from a tout and it didn't work. I heard her saying "That one didn't work, is this one going to?" And her heading back in.

They were right beside the doormen too, I'm surprised the touts weren't told to f*** off.

For some reason touting isnt illegal...hope that changes, the sooner the better.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i got my 2 at 8.04am this morning,

had a little melt down, as the screen kept refreshing and saying i had less than a minute wait for 4 mins.

Panic over nothing by the look of it :rolleyes::o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Had forgotten all about getting tickets this morning and nearly spat my coffee out when I remembered. Logged on there and got tickets no problem. Nice early Xmas present to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

s8n wrote: »
    In the bag
    in the baggy s8n, in the baggy

Got 2 myself Woohoo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Paydays not until tomorrow and was gutted I'd miss out. This thread is making me feel better about the situation though!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

They wanted a secure mastercard code which i havent activated, got kicked out and needed to go in again, about 10 mins, but paid on laser and sorted now.
    exact same for me, that secure code thing is painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

s8n wrote: »
    is anyone starting to wonder what the capacity of this gig will be...Considering it's still on sale after 35 mins ?
    Mushy wrote: »
    I'd say 80k, so doesnt surprise me its still on sale. Obviously a lot cant afford tickets so close to christmas.

Capacity is about 36,000. That's what I heard on Today FM last night.

That's a lot to sell out in a few hours. There'll be tickets there for a few days easily I'd say. It'll definitely sell out alright - the gig's not until next summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Slightly off topic but some talk of touts on here. This is a great site for buying/selling tickets at face value http://www.toutless.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I got 6 tickets this morning and my mate who was also trying in case they were sold out also got 6. So far between us we've only got 7 people confirmed so I may have some for sale. Hopefully it sells out so I won't be stuck with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Dutchy

Just bought two tickets!

One of the tickets is for a mate and I've just copped that there's a very good possibility that he will be in Oz next summer! I bought both tickets via the TicketFast method (i.e. you print your own tickets). Is it handy enough to sell a TicketFast ticket on adverts (face value) should my mate be in oz? Dont think I'd be comfortable buying a printed off ticket!!!

Can you change the ticket delivery method from TicketFast to standard delivery?

Got too excited and wasnt thinking properly!!!

TIA

Dutchy

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Capacity is about 36,000. That's what I heard on Today FM last night.

That's a lot to sell out in a few hours. There'll be tickets there for a few days easily I'd say. It'll definitely sell out alright - the gig's not until next summer!

Thats all?? People here were saying others, myself included, were mad thinking they wouldnt sell out Slane easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Dutchy wrote: »
    Just bought two tickets!

One of the tickets is for a mate and I've just copped that there's a very good possibility that he will be in Oz next summer! I bought both tickets via the TicketFast method (i.e. you print your own tickets). Is it handy enough to sell a TicketFast ticket on adverts (face value) should my mate be in oz? Dont think I'd be comfortable buying a printed off ticket!!!

Got too excited and wasnt thining properly!!!

TIA

Dutchy
    If it doesn't sell out you'll have more difficulty selling a TicketFast ticket compared to a standard ticket. Personally I'd always go for a standard ticket as there's less chance of someone just printing off a load of tickets and selling them on, and it's always nice to have a memento of the gig.

Thats all?? People here were saying others, myself included, were mad thinking they wouldnt sell out Slane easily.
    I always said that the idea of them headlining Slane was crazy. They don't have a big enough following here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Paul McLoone said it last night. Now if it sells rapidly they might expand the capacity I suppose but 36,000 is still a huge number to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

one minute past 8 and got my 4 tickets.

Only for the other half to text me at 9 about an early xmas presnt of 3 more tickets! Hopefully it does sellout just so i can pass them on to someone in need!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

dazzday wrote: »
    Hopefully it does sellout just so i can pass them on to someone in need!

I'd always look on the likes of toutless etc before going to ticketmaster for any gig whether its sold out or not. You're helping someone out and not giving ticketmaster another ridiculous booking fee.

Dutchy wrote: »

No you can't change them unfortunately. I bought normal tickets which I don't usually do but just incase I happen to be in Eastern Europe for the football* :D

If it so happens closer to the date that you need to sell one and I'm definitely going to be here for it, I'll be happy to swap one of your ticketfasts for my hard ticket :)

Edit: *I realise that the chances of us getting to the final are slim but ya never know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Dutchy

No you can't change them unfortunately. I bought normal tickets which I don't usually do but just incase I happen to be in Eastern Europe for the football :D

If it so happens closer to the date that you need to sell one and I'm definitely going to be here for it, I'll be happy to swap one of your ticketfasts for my hard ticket :)

How sound are you? TYVM whoopsadaisydoodles:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

No you can't change them unfortunately. I bought normal tickets which I don't usually do but just incase I happen to be in Eastern Europe for the football* :D

The Final is on the 31st June, so there's no need to worry about not being in Dublin for July 5th. ;)

I'll be at the Stone Roses gig in Manchester on the 31st of June, so if by some miraculous means we make it to the final, I'll have a dilemma on my hands! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement