Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas heating question....

• 18-10-2011 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Howdy brethern, Moved into a house recently that has a dual gas fired central heating system in so far as one can select via control panel to have the boiler heat the water or the rads.
    Now I can understand why a dual heating system would be needed so that one could have hot water in the summer without having the boiler heat the rads as well. But surely when the rads are selected it should also inadvertently heat the domestic water too?
    I had the boiler heating the rads last night but the water was only luke warm this morning from the shower. My question is this if the boiler is on and the rads are selected from the control panel well then surely the water from the taps should be hot also or would that be a wrong assumption???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

It would depend on the type of boiler, controls, what its all controlling and the way its all been wired up.

Advertisement