Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Washing Machine Problem

• 18-10-2011 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I have a new Whirlpool Washing Machine. Model AWO/D 4606. I want to spin hand washed clothes. no matter what way I set the knob it goes round and round and eventually the light for door open comes on. My clothes are still the same. Can anyone help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Tippex

I know this is going to sound obvious but I would suggest.
    1. Read the manual.
    or
    2. Call whirlpool customer support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Home Appliances

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Thanks Tippex but the Manual is useless. There is not a mention of spinning in the Manual and I only bought this W/M a month ago so I dont know if I am doing something wrong and just wondering now if it does this at all e.g.do I have to put the clothes in for a wash in order to spin them. I would feel right stupid calling out an engineer and nothing wrong. Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Ask in the shop where you bought it. Or failing that, if you call the helpline they should be able to tell you whether this is right or wrong, without having to send someone out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Give them a ring, I looked at the manual and I agree that it's completely useless though it does refer to a separate 'Quick Reference Guide', did you get this as well as the manual?

http://www.whirlpool.ie/telephone.php

I think you might have bought a 2010 model because the 4606 doesn't appear in the current Whirlpool Ireland brochure. There is an 'Intensive Spin/Rinse' cycle available on the high end models but not on the 4xxx models according to the current brochure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Thanks MJ for your info. I have the PROGRAMME CHART & have read it thoroughly but to no avail. It did spin for me on a few occasions but it was just trial & error, thats why I dont like phoning them. Today I spent at least an hour trying it, moving the knob. The old Whirlpool I had was way better & easier to use & I had it for 10yrs. It was still working but I put in a new kitchen & got all new appliances. I might get so annoyed some day & phone them.

Advertisement