Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you drop semester two modules at christmas?

Options
  • 18-10-2011 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

hey guys im in first year and realise that i hate sociology and ive picked two more modules for after christmas :P can i drop them for something else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

As long as your degree requirements are still being met, yeah you can change modules before semester 2. As long as there is room in the module you want to take up, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

yeah it opens again during the holidays so you can switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Guys, whats the thing that you can only do 4 level 1 modules after first year? Is that a thing or am I mixing stuff up??

Conor108 wrote: »
    Guys, whats the thing that you can only do 4 level 1 modules after first year? Is that a thing or am I mixing stuff up??

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/levels_modules.pdf

Oh so as long as they're electives it's grand! Thank you!

• Advertisement

Oh so as long as they're electives it's grand! Thank you!

Not quite, read below the box:
    Students on a 3-year programme can take a maximum of 80 Level 0 and Level 1 credits combined (Level 0 credits cannot exceed 10)

And:
    I am a Stage 2 (or Stage 3) student and want to take a Level 1 module as one of my electives. Is this permissible?
    Yes. There are technically no level restrictions for elective modules. However, you must take at least 100 credits of Level 2 or higher modules, 40 of which must be at Level 3, in order to graduate. Thus, if you are on a 3-year programme, the most Level 0 and Level 1 credits you may take are 80. You should also keep in mind that the level of all of your modules will appear on your transcript—a Level 1 module will stand out in Stage 3, where most of your modules will be at Level 2 and 3. While, it may be appropriate to take Level 1 electives in subject areas where you have no prior learning, you should not take Level 1 electives in one of you major or minor subject areas.

Yeah I saw that! So just as long as you fulfill graduation requirements of minimum 100 at level 2 and 30 need to be level 3 it's ok. I just heard that you could only do 4 level 1's after 1st year.

Yeah I saw that! So just as long as you fulfill graduation requirements of minimum 100 at level 2 and 30 need to be level 3 it's ok. I just heard that you could only do 4 level 1's after 1st year.

Ah I was confused by what you meant in your last post :)

Advertisement