Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oval, Tullyvale, Cabinteely, Dublin 18

Options
  • 18-10-2011 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

Thinking of moving here know a little about the area and the fact that its beside luas is a big bonus, anyone know of the apartments and if so whats the general view

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the apartments are nice enough, but you're in a bit of a no-man's land.
    there are no amenities within walking distance, so a car is nearly a necessity.
    having the luas there isn't the be all and end all either, most places are accessible by a single bus anyway.
    are you renting or buying? what sort of budget did you have? where roughly are you working?
    with a bit of extra info I can advise you of much better locations than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

the apartments are nice enough, but you're in a bit of a no-man's land.
    there are no amenities within walking distance, so a car is nearly a necessity.
    having the luas there isn't the be all and end all either, most places are accessible by a single bus anyway.
    are you renting or buying? what sort of budget did you have? where roughly are you working?
    with a bit of extra info I can advise you of much better locations than this.

the luas suits me buses are a nightmare with a buggy as if one is already on your not allowed on yourself this is not an issue with the luas so for me it is the be all and end all

im renting, you dont need to worry about my budget nor where im working I just wanted to know if anyone lives in the oval or adjoining apartments and if they are happy there and dunnes stores is just up the road within walking distance

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

There's a Centra over by Dell < 10 mins walk from the furthest apartment. There's also a garage down on the dual carriageway, and tesco ballybrack and dunnes cornelscourt are a 5 min drive.

Also look down at "The Ramparts", built in early 00's, seem to have a bit more substance to them, and seems well run (was when I was there anyway).

Have friends living in Gleann na Rí (just before tullyvale) and they're getting on grand as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

There is a small Spar in the Cherrywood business park about a 10mn walk away. It's small, but very handy in a pinch if you need a jug of milk or a loaf of bread.
    We don't have a car so for groceries, we hop on the luas and go to Dunnes at the Leopardstown stop. It's about a 20mn ride and very easy/convenient. There is also a really good butcher shop there.
    Other than that, the 7 bus stops at the bottom of the residence and will take you to Dun Laoghaire in about 15mn, which comes in handy to go to the farmer's market on Sundays.

As for the living conditions, I find it very safe and great if you have a small child; the grounds are very well kept and there is plenty of grass for the kids to run in with no cars around.
    The apartments are ok, I find that the finishings are not super high quality but quite acceptable. For example the windows are a bit drafty.
    Also, it gets very windy which I am told is an issue for the top floors of the buildings (noise, drafts, etc...)
    Let me know if you have any other questions, happy to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Hi Maud,
    are you still living there? When you say noisy how much so? It is a safe an quiet complex or are there frequent parties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

Deleted - didn't notice I was replying to a year old post

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

Hi Tea Drinker,
    Yes we are still there but we are moving out next month. Got a bit tired of being in the no mans land...

The noise I was referring to was actually the wind. It gets very windy in the Winter so if you are sensitive to noise that should definitely be a consideration.
    The apartments themselves are very well sound-proofed internally, we never heard our neighbors and they never heard us. There are a few parties from time to time, but they are more like small gatherings of friends for dinner; everybody is quite respectful of others, and there are many families with small children. the price and location definitely keep students and their antics away...
    Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Overall, we have really liked living here, apart from the fact that there are no shops or anything around.

Advertisement