Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on new mp3 player

• 18-10-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

hi

My 7 year old iRiver mp3 player has finally stopped working( because i dropped it :mad: ) and I am looking for a replacement. It was such a great piece of technology that i didnt even bother looking at what other mp3s were on the market for all those years so I'm a bit lost now.

I'm looking for something around 30gb, would prefer buttons to a touch screen, dont need one that does video, as small and light as possible and as plug and playish as possible too. Saw a sony one in one of ther stores which seemed nice but cant remember the model name.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

sansa clip + 8gb (or new version zip) and 32gb micro sd card will give you 40gb for about 100 euro or less. It's the standard answer here and a great way to get capacity at a great price. sound quality is very good. has buttons. the clip aspect is very handy too for attaching to shirt etc.

amazon won't delivery mp3 players to Ire but you can get 32gb card there.

here's a clip + 8gb .on ebay (located in Ireland). not a bad price - 64 delivered. you'll get a 32gb card for 35 euro or so on amazon.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/SanDisk-Sansa-Clip-SDMX18R-Black-8-GB-Digital-Med-/250871020311?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_PortableAudio_MP3Players&hash=item3a6913fb17#ht_1830wt_937

some sony players are good (nw series) but are not expandable. 32gb would cost you a fair bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

glasso wrote: »
    amazon won't delivery mp3 players to Ire but you can get 32gb card there.

I think you're mistaken. I bought my current player from amazon.co.uk.

Fnz wrote: »
    I think you're mistaken. I bought my current player from amazon.co.uk.

when did you buy your player - last year, 2 years ago? they changed their policy on this (shipping to Ireland) and now you can't. check before you preach :)

try to go to completion on this sansa clip + (sold by amazon themselves)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002NX0ME6/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&psc=1

if you pick an Irish address you'll be told that it can't be shipped to that address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I had no trouble selecting delivery to Ireland for an iPod Touch sold by Amazon. When I selected a Sansa clip it wouldn't let me. So it seems it is just the Sansa Clip, not all MP3 players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

when did you buy your player - last year, 2 years ago? they changed their policy on this (shipping to Ireland) and now you can't. check before you preach :)

Now, now, I just thought you were mistaken. You're right, though, they wouldn't ship a Clip Zip to Eire when I tried.

I had bought a Clip+ from amazon.co.uk about 2 years ago. I wonder what caused the change in policy. :confused:

cnocbui wrote: »
    I had no trouble selecting delivery to Ireland for an iPod Touch sold by Amazon. When I selected a Sansa clip it wouldn't let me. So it seems it is just the Sansa Clip, not all MP3 players.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NWZA865B-CEW-16GB-Walkman-Black/dp/B005BBF49A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319187231&sr=8-1

I can't buy this sony walkman either. mabye it's ONLY apple products that you can buy :) (seems to be acutally as tried other non-apple and none work)
    It's well reported here that mp3 players sold by amazon won't go to Ireland...

Fnz wrote: »
    Now, now, I just thought you were mistaken. You're right, though, they wouldn't ship a Clip Zip to Eire when I tried.

I had bought a Clip+ from amazon.co.uk about 2 years ago. I wonder what caused the change in policy. :confused:

I don't know why either - have never seen an explanation - it's not to do with the recycling charge as you can buy tv's for example - it's very annoying as they have very good prices - especially on sansa products....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I don't know why either - have never seen an explanation - it's not to do with the recycling charge as you can buy tv's for example - it's very annoying as they have very good prices - especially on sansa products....

And one of the few places that actually have them!

Advertisement