Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jamaican Jerk in Limerick

• 18-10-2011 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

Hi all, would appreciate any help here,
    Im looking to buy Jamaican Jerk in Limerick, its a sort of spice/powder.
    I found the dunnes in Parkway has got a small Schwartz 'Perfect Shake' one, but the problem is Im looking for it in a bit more bulk on the cheap. Like a bigger bag of it.
    Any recommendations of any smaller shops around that might have a bigger packet of it?

Thanks for the help
    Adrian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'm just guessing here that they might have it. I don't know for sure, but maybe try the asian grocery store on Henry St. You might be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Ethnic shop up on Baker Place include Caribbean (on their sign anyway), always a good selection of foods and spices etc, there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I opened this expecting a thread about some loon annoying people on O'Connell street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

ninty9er wrote: »
    I opened this expecting a thread about some loon annoying people on O'Connell street.

me too.
    I seen this guy strollin' up Cruises' St yesterday lookin' for trouble an' ting.

Bob_Marley111.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

europa11 wrote: »
    Ethnic shop up on Baker Place include Caribbean (on their sign anyway), always a good selection of foods and spices etc, there.

+1 for this place. I always get bags of spices here for a lot cheaper than I could in a supermarket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Great place to stock up. And you can always get a kebab next door if the spicy smell makes you hungry :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Cheers everyone, no luck in any of the places, Id say its rarer than I thought, I might see can I make it myself, thats what the Chinese supermarket guy suggested, he'd heard of it alright.

Regarding Jamaican Jerks, Id say theres alot more Limerick Jerks to moan about first before we move onto the Jamaican ones.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

zig wrote: »
    Cheers everyone, no luck in any of the places, Id say its rarer than I thought, I might see can I make it myself, thats what the Chinese supermarket guy suggested, he'd heard of it alright.

Regarding Jamaican Jerks, Id say theres alot more Limerick Jerks to moan about first before we move onto the Jamaican ones.:pac:
    Got a tin of it before, bit smaller than a tin of beans but probably 3x what would be in one of those small Schwarz things.

Years ago now, but it must have been in one of the run of the mill shops, Tesco Dunnes or SuperValu.

Jamaican Jerk chicken and pineapple nom nom nom.

It's kinda similar to cajun mix if I recall the ingredients right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Cheers Langdang, Ill have a look around the other shops and see if they have something, I know Tesco tends to have a range of stuff that would surprise you, Ill try there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

zig wrote: »
    Cheers Langdang, Ill have a look around the other shops and see if they have something, I know Tesco tends to have a range of stuff that would surprise you, Ill try there.
    Had a look in the curry cupboard there last night,
    http://www.fiddespayne.co.uk/seasonings/seasoning.htm
    is the one I got. Tesco is my guess. But Tesco are always disappearing stuff. Even store to store the variation is mad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement