Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semester 2 elective issue

Options
  • 18-10-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭

School of Business

Dear Adam,

I’ve been reviewing Stage 1 student registrations and I noticed that you have registered to ECON10010 Principles of Microeconomics as your elective in Semester 2. However, this is a core module for you in Stage 2(ie Second Year) – Therefore you cannot take it as an elective.
    You have two options –
    Remain registered to the module in semester 2 – However, the module and the associated grade will be assigned to your Stage 2 record. This means that you will be short 5 credits for Stage 1, so will then have to pick up the missing Stage 1 elective next academic year. If you choose to leave the elective until next academic year, please note that this may have implications in terms of fees, progression, compensation etc
    Withdraw from the module before the 21st October 2011 – No academic or fee penalty will apply and you will then take the module in Stage 2 as normal as part of your core module requirements. However, you will then need to pick up an elective for Stage 1 in Semester 2, when online registration re-opens in January 2012. You can withdraw from the module by completing an Elective Module Withdrawal Form in the Programmes Office before Friday 21st October 2011.
    Please reply to me by email to let me know what decide about this module as soon as possible and no later than Friday 21st October 2011.

Just received this email. Any recommendations as to what I should do? Will there be many elective options in January?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Hey adam, I got that e-mail too. Are you doin commerce aswell?
    I'm just goin to drop the module and pick another one in January. Mainly cos it said there will be no academic or fee penalty. I'm goin to fill out the withdrawal form this afternoon.

There should be a few electives left, but I'd say some of the better ones might be filled up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yeah I'm doing commerce too, did you reply to the email? Where can you get the withdrawal form?

Advertisement