Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on this matter

Options
  • 18-10-2011 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi
    I am a 17 year old 5th year student who has thought of an idea in how to make money.I want to know how I should go about this while continuing my normal routine.I have sourced quality made Balls from Pakistan and intend to sell them off to school,clubs etc...I want to know whether or not I am required to set up as a business or something and whether VAT will aplly to the balls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

babsfox wrote: »
    Hi
    I am a 17 year old 5th year student who has thought of an idea in how to make money.I want to know how I should go about this while continuing my normal routine.I have sourced quality made Balls from Pakistan and intend to sell them off to school,clubs etc...I want to know whether or not I am required to set up as a business or something and whether VAT will aplly to the balls

im sure some others can help on the vat issues
    but when importing your liable for any duty that may have to be paid on the items , so you might incurr this and your profit margin is lowered straight away have you got samples ?? are they branded makes ? or copys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭AndyJB

babsfox wrote: »
    Hi

Good for your!

Have a look at this thread re Importing, Vat and Duty payable. Have a look at the spread sheet it'll be of some use to you.

There's no requirement for you to set up as a business, limited or otherwise. You will have to make tax returns, even if there's no profit to pay tax on. The tax returns issue is actually less complicated than you might think.

If you do decide to go ahead with the venture get a few samples and get orders in advance and ask for deposits. Don't import before getting firm orders.

On the tax and revenue issues tap your accounting teacher for help on that front. If he/she is any good they should be happy to help and encourage you. They might be a member of a sports club somewhere.

Best of luck.

Advertisement