Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse riding in Phoenix Park

Options
  • 18-10-2011 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know what times/areas that you can ride in the Phoenix Park or if you can?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭JennaJameson

I remember working in the Criminal Courts of Justice and taking my lunch in Phoenix Park, and seeing an old metal sign with rules on it which bans any horses at all, mounted or driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭JDPhotography

Borderfox wrote: »
    Does anybody know what times/areas that you can ride in the Phoenix Park or if you can?

The beach not big enough for ya Keith happy0064.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭mystika121

I think Ashtown Stables do treks there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Must give the OPW a ring a find out for sure, just want to bring the horse up in a box

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

The OPW have started telling people that its only Ashtowns horses that are allowed

• Advertisement

me smells a monopoly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bob1984

I know two girls who boxed up there last month and had a great hack and they are based very near you Borderfox :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

elusiveguy wrote: »
    The OPW have started telling people that its only Ashtowns horses that are allowed

Awful shame if thats the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

I'd recommend ringing around a few places instead of getting one yes from somebody. I know Ashtown do regular hacks around there but that's all I've seen. I doubt the hours are that good as normally for beach rides you have to be off the beach by 10am.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭stargirl!

to ride in the park you need public liability insurance cover of 5million :O :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

stargirl! wrote: »
    to ride in the park you need public liability insurance cover of 5million :O :O

Wow! :eek: Have you a source where you got that information?

I have PL of €6.5 million for work but didnt know that was needed for leisure riding in the park

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭mystika121

So being a member of the British Horse Society would cover it then. I think theirs is £10,000,000. I'm not sure about Riding Club insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭stargirl!

sup_dude wrote: »
    Wow! :eek: Have you a source where you got that information?

the place i kept my horse wanted to ride in the park, they applied for permit but was not granted as their insurance covers up to 2 million.

you could ask BHS if their gold membership would cover it. they have their own helpline for the insurance too so should be straight forward enough to find out.

Advertisement