Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodak c310 Printer probs

Options
  • 18-10-2011 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

For the life of me and after hours of trying, I can't get this friggin printer to print through wifi.So I brings it back to PC WORLD in Swords and whaddyaknow....it works on their system.
    Unfortunately 28 days have passed so they say they cannot do anything for me only to suggest it might be a router prob at my end.....but my wifi internet is blazing away so it seems ok and netwok settings on the printer itself say all is well and that it's connected to eircom blah blah blah but my pc says NO printer detected.Yer man talks about the possibility that there's a firewall on the router....don't know how to deal with that.

Never had a minutes problem with my old Lexmark wifi printer but this yoke is breaking my heart.

Unless someone can help advise re my rights or technically I'll just have to settle for using it with a usb cable.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

A common problem is that many routers have a setting that isolates wireless clients from each other and is often set to be enabled by default. Have a peek in the settings on your router and see if you can find a setting called "AP isolation" or something like that and switch it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

FurryFace wrote: »
    For the life of me and after hours of trying, I can't get this friggin printer to print through wifi.So I brings it back to PC WORLD in Swords and whaddyaknow....it works on their system.
    Unfortunately 28 days have passed so they say they cannot do anything for me only to suggest it might be a router prob at my end.....but my wifi internet is blazing away so it seems ok and netwok settings on the printer itself say all is well and that it's connected to eircom blah blah blah but my pc says NO printer detected.Yer man talks about the possibility that there's a firewall on the router....don't know how to deal with that.

Never had a minutes problem with my old Lexmark wifi printer but this yoke is breaking my heart.

Unless someone can help advise re my rights or technically I'll just have to settle for using it with a usb cable.

Any thoughts?

Do you have a firewall on your system because till will block the specific packets that are needed to instal the printer on your network - Disable this and try again common fault when installing WiFi printers

Advertisement