Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live problem

Options
  • 18-10-2011 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Getting this message when trying to sign in

Your xbox live membership information isnt valid. Please use a profile that contains a valid membership or recover your profile from Xbox live ?

What is this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Did you try and recover your Gamertag on a different console?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Did you try and recover your Gamertag on a different console?

No definetly not, was in the middle of a game of dark souls when i got disconnected, as it's not much of a multiplayer i just played on, it's weird i can still see my gamertag and avatar just the mesage i posted first pops up, haent a clue what my e-mail and password are either

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Recover the tag on the console you want to play on. That should fix it, else your account has been banned or your xbox live sub has run out.

EDIT: just read your reply to that guy. You need to recover your tag, someone has access to your account details and has recovered your tag.

Recover the tag on the console you want to play on. That should fix it, else your account has been banned or your xbox live sub has run out.

EDIT: just read your reply to that guy. You need to recover your tag, someone has access to your account details and has recovered your tag.

why would someone do that ? Does anyone know if there is a support i can ring i cant rememer my e-mail i used or password as i have had a couple of the years

• Advertisement

luckyfrank wrote: »
    why would someone do that ? Does anyone know if there is a support i can ring i cant rememer my e-mail i used or password as i have had a couple of the years

well, there are a load of reasons, they can just take over your account, and buy stuff on it using your credit card.

Are you sure you can't remember your email that you used?

Here is microsoft support's phone number anyway: 1 800 509 186
    Here's the contact website: http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/call-us

Just try recover your tag. You might remember your details.

well, there are a load of reasons, they can just take over your account, and buy stuff on it using your credit card.

Are you sure you can't remember your email that you used?

Here is microsoft support's phone number anyway: 1 800 509 186
    Here's the contact website: http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/call-us

Just try recover your tag. You might remember your details.

on hold with support now, im bricking it now hope they havnt taking money from my account

Had 5000 microsoft points stolen from my account, where to i stand and isw there anyway i can get them back

Had 5000 microsoft points stolen from my account, where to i stand and isw there anyway i can get them back

I'm not sure if you can do anything about it, it was your fault that your details were compromised in the first place. You can't get MSP's reimbursed

Do you have control over your account though? Cus if you do, then the content that was bought with the MSP's is yours to keep.

I'm not sure if you can do anything about it, it was your fault that your details were compromised in the first place. You can't get MSP's reimbursed

Do you have control over your account though? Cus if you do, then the content that was bought with the MSP's is yours to keep.

Yeah have control over account now , but i cant see anything downloaded that i havnt downloaded myself, really worried about my credit card details i cant take them down

• Advertisement

They have frozen my account while fraud department look into my case so no more live for a while :(

What i dont understand is how the ffffing hell they could hack my accountn, nobody knows my details ? They told me all my points were spent on fifa 12 gold packs, ive playing dark souls non stop the last week, hadnt even played fifa this week, what are chances someone is caught for this and how serious do microsoft take fraud

It's actually really really easy to hack someone's account if their security questions are rubbish. I'm guessing you had a really dumb security question, e.g. mother's birthplace. The person who hacked you could know you personally, and could make an intelligent guess of the answer, or even got the answer from facebook. There are loads of ways really.

The most common ways of this happening though are through scams, did you give your details(even though you don't know them) to someone in the last while?

Microsoft could find out where the "hacker" is from, but it would take a lot of convincing on your part for them to do it. The fraud dept would get involved too.

Personally, i think you're lucky you got your account back under control, this could've been a lot worse.

What's your email btw? (i'll check if you're secure) :P

It's actually really really easy to hack someone's account if their security questions are rubbish. I'm guessing you had a really dumb security question, e.g. mother's birthplace. The person who hacked you could know you personally, and could make an intelligent guess of the answer, or even got the answer from facebook. There are loads of ways really.

The most common ways of this happening though are through scams, did you give your details(even though you don't know them) to someone in the last while?

Microsoft could find out where the "hacker" is from, but it would take a lot of convincing on your part for them to do it. The fraud dept would get involved too.

Personally, i think you're lucky you got your account back under control, this could've been a lot worse.

What's your email btw? (i'll check if you're secure) :P

No im not naive, id never give details of my account or any account out to anyone, ive already being told fraud department is going to luck at the case, hope they find out who done it and permently bans there console

No im not naive, id never give details of my account or any account out to anyone, ive already being told fraud department is going to luck at the case, hope they find out who done it and permently bans there console

Well, it's obviously your email account that was hacked so. The only way to fix this is to make it more secure. You were just an unfortunate victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭upinthesky

as i said in another tread xbox live have a hacking problem i cant get onto the xbox live site plus i cant cancel my paypal sending them money

also you have to ring them to get anywhere and i have no credit and dont have a land line

don't no were i stand because ever since the security update i cant play xbox live but yet they have taking a payment form my account very annoying as xbox wont admit its there problem

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Phegasus

lisar816 wrote: »
    as i said in another tread xbox live have a hacking problem i cant get onto the xbox live site plus i cant cancel my paypal sending them money

also you have to ring them to get anywhere and i have no credit and dont have a land line

don't no were i stand because ever since the security update i cant play xbox live but yet they have taking a payment form my account very annoying as xbox wont admit its there problem

There's no hacking issues on their end. It's user responsibility that's the issue. That and EA. EA caused a whole mess of accounts to be stolen, by vulnerabilities and social engineering with their Ultimate Team.

Phegasus wrote: »
    There's no hacking issues on their end. It's user responsibility that's the issue. That and EA. EA caused a whole mess of accounts to be stolen, by vulnerabilities and social engineering with their Ultimate Team.

Totally agree, People just pin the blame on MS when it's their own fault for being retarded and having terrible security on their account details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Why didn't you just call customer support? They can solve your issues in moments.

Do the sensible thing and call customer support!

If your account has been hacked, it's most likely that you either used a very poor password or (most likely) either you or someone else who has access to your XBL account has given away personal information allowing someone else to hack your account. Of course, there's also the possibility that your PC has been hacked and all you personal information is now in the hands of a third party.

Either way, there's little point coming on here and blaming MS for causing the "hack" when every regular poster on here already knows that accounts virtually never get hacked without some form of user input.

My advice, call MS customer support, upgrade all your firewalls and anti-virus on your PC/laptops and run full scans on every drive you have. Then change every password to every site you visit but only after making sure 100% that every things clean. Finally, protect yourself and your online presence in future as if your life depends on it. Rule of thumb, you can NOT be over cautious or protect yourself too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Seems alot of people have had there xbox live accounts hacked and points bought. And every single case has had a Fifa connection.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/717430/xbox-live-hacked-internet-reports-point-to-fifa-connection/

I noticed an email from MS Billing reguarding my purchase of 5000 points. Seeing as how Iv didn't buy any I logged into xbox live via the web, and saw a balance of 4800 points on my account. Got onto my bank and had the card killed first thing then tried the xbox support line to get cut off while on hold and then got the automated were closed till tomorrow message when I tried to ring back.

Iv logged into xbox live via the xbox and recovered my account to see Im down to 860 points and last game played was Fifa which is off seeing as i don't own the game.

Iv never shared my account info, logged in from anywhere from home or signed up for any weird website using either the same password or username. Something is fishy in microsoft land :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Venom wrote: »
    Seems alot of people have had there xbox live accounts hacked and points bought. And every single case has had a Fifa connection.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/717430/xbox-live-hacked-internet-reports-point-to-fifa-connection/

I noticed an email from MS Billing reguarding my purchase of 5000 points. Seeing as how Iv didn't buy any I logged into xbox live via the web, and saw a balance of 4800 points on my account. Got onto my bank and had the card killed first thing then tried the xbox support line to get cut off while on hold and then got the automated were closed till tomorrow message when I tried to ring back.

Iv logged into xbox live via the xbox and recovered my account to see Im down to 860 points and last game played was Fifa which is off seeing as i don't own the game.

Iv never shared my account info, logged in from anywhere from home or signed up for any weird website using either the same password or username. Something is fishy in microsoft land :(

Now that is interesting! Thanks for the details. Let us know how it goes with MS support today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Since the cases have a Fifa connection wouldn't it be more likely that this is an EA issue?

have to say xbox have the worst support i have ever seen they have no email to contact them all you can do is phone if they don't have an answer to you problem they disconnect you
    and please note xbox and Microsoft never own up to anything being there fault

i cant get my xbox to update and xbox don't no why? i'm getting an error code that doesn't even exist on there site
    also i pay them monthly with paypal i cant cancel this from there site but if gives you an option to but when you go into it its says you have to ring them it a disgrace and a joke

think ill be buying a ps3 instead

Phegasus wrote: »

surly Microsoft have something to do with it or they no of the problem but once again try to blame someone else?

surly Microsoft have something to do with it or they no of the problem but once again try to blame someone else?
    Surely It is more likely to be EA's problem since it seems to be only affecting Fifa users. Look at the logic here.

Also you know there is live webchat support for Xbox support? Why would you email when you have that?

Meesared wrote: »
    Surely It is more likely to be EA's problem since it seems to be only affecting Fifa users. Look at the logic here.

Also you know there is live webchat support for Xbox support? Why would you email when you have that?
    really no i didnt is it located on there site? that would be a huge help to me

So I got onto xbox live support today.

My account is now locked and under investigation and Iv been given the same 25 days time frame that everyone else has gotten.

Considering how much MS rave about security the least they should do is remove the exchangeable Fifa DLC content that seems to be the cause of all this hacking.

@lisar816

This is not a Fifa game issue as a huge amount of the hacked customers like myself don't own or ever played any Fifa games. The hacked accounts have xbox live points bought and used to purchase Fifa DLC items that are then traded between players.

How did they get your details in the first place? Did you have strong security on your xbox live email address?

How did they get your details in the first place? Did you have strong security on your xbox live email address?

Iv no idea.

Email linked to xbox live account wasn't touched, my EA account is not linked to xbox account and password was a combination of 10 letters and 4 numbers that is not used for anything else. MS by trying to downplay the level of effected users is making tracking down the issue so much harder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Venom wrote: »
    MS by trying to downplay the level of effected users is making tracking down the issue so much harder.

This sounds very familiar! It must be company policy. At least they are dealing with the problem and I hope you guys get the result you deserve sooner rather then later.

Advertisement