Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flashing slims

• 18-10-2011 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone flashing these and finding every 225 drive to have a winbond chip, I don't want to chance the kamikaze hack with someone elses drive. Replacement pcb is the only option really but they are quiet expensive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

niallo27 wrote: »
    Anyone flashing these and finding every 225 drive to have a winbond chip, I don't want to chance the kamikaze hack with someone elses drive. Replacement pcb is the only option really but they are quiet expensive.

Replacing the IC seems fairly easy would be a cheaper alternative than replacing the whole PCB, the chips cost around €30 last time I checked. I would definitely avoid the kamikaze hack there is too great a margin for error when drilling into the IC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Buy some glitch hardware, get the DVD key and then chance the kamikaze. Sure you're buying a new PCB or replacing the IC anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Buy some glitch hardware, get the DVD key and then chance the kamikaze. Sure you're buying a new PCB or replacing the IC anyway :)

Ya I might chance anyway nothing to lose, it's not myself buying the pcb board, all the Irish slims so far seem to have winbond chips, well 3 I have seen now, was wondering what other people are finding

Advertisement