Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oil tank lock

Options
  • 18-10-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

I'd like to buy a lock to go on my oil tank so I'd be looking for one with long links on it. Any ideas where I might find one in the Dublin area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

If theives wanted your oil would they not just cut the pipe at the bottom ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Easier to siphon it out of the hole on top and unlikely to be noticed. Plus they wouldn't even need to enter the garden to do it. Could just reach over the fence

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Is it a plastic tank?

If so a cordless drill and a hole saw is all they need unless you completely encase it in metal or concrete.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

wouldn't put a lock on it myself mate. as mentioned earlier - all they need do is drill a hole in the tank, leaving you to spend money not only on oil but a new tank also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Tank lock is a total placebo had our oil taken along with both neighbours two years ago, we've moved our tank to make it harder to access and would never fill it again, difference in price between getting it in 500l versus 100l quantities is only €20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

View2-7743959.jpeg

Don't get caught out in the cold this winter.Oil tank lock suitable for 20cm and 25cm plastic oil tanks. Strong steel construction. Price includes padlock and free delivery within Republic of Ireland. Discounts available on bulk orders.
    Price: 25
    Contact Publisher

Legal: DoneDeal.ie is not responsible for the advertised goods.
    It is illegal to use the contact information for commercial purposes.
    Viewed 224 times
    Ad posted by Seller on August 30, 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Weylin wrote: »
    View2-7743959.jpeg

Don't get caught out in the cold this winter.Oil tank lock suitable for 20cm and 25cm plastic oil tanks. Strong steel construction. Price includes padlock and free delivery within Republic of Ireland. Discounts available on bulk orders.
    Price: 25
    Contact Publisher

Legal: DoneDeal.ie is not responsible for the advertised goods.
    It is illegal to use the contact information for commercial purposes.
    Viewed 224 times
    Ad posted by Seller on August 30, 2011

IMO a waste of money

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It takes a minute to put a hole in a tank or disconnect the pipe from it & drain it so what's the point of locking the top?

Buy some blocks,sand & cement and build an enclosure around it and your security problems are solved somewhat.Even a steel cage can be picked up cheap.

Advertisement