Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber Supplies - cheapest in ireland?

Options
  • 18-10-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all... Just thought i'd start a thread on timber supplies in ireland... am based in Clare and have found the local suppliers to be fairly pricey, Galway ,maybe a bit better. Would like to get some opinions on the cheapest suppliers people have found...

on the whole i've found the cheapest in terms of timber to be build4less.ie - they offer free delivery in ireland on orders over E400, although theyre still only a bit below the local rates.

Anyone have any opinions on this? do you have a good supplier locally or know of any cheap suppliers? Thought it might be a good idea to share some intel... deals, that kind of thing. I myself am mostly intereted in osb3 board and lengths of dimentional timber, 2 x 2, 4 x2 and 6 x 2. Have found some great deals on ebay, e.g. 9mm OSB3 seconds at £5 per sheet but all uk based!

There must be some cheap timber in ireland somewhere!?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

rionzion wrote: »
    Hi all... Just thought i'd start a thread on timber supplies in ireland... am based in Clare and have found the local suppliers to be fairly pricey, Galway ,maybe a bit better. Would like to get some opinions on the cheapest suppliers people have found...

on the whole i've found the cheapest in terms of timber to be build4less.ie - they offer free delivery in ireland on orders over E400, although theyre still only a bit below the local rates.

Anyone have any opinions on this? do you have a good supplier locally or know of any cheap suppliers? Thought it might be a good idea to share some intel... deals, that kind of thing. I myself am mostly intereted in osb3 board and lengths of dimentional timber, 2 x 2, 4 x2 and 6 x 2. Have found some great deals on ebay, e.g. 9mm OSB3 seconds at £5 per sheet but all uk based!

There must be some cheap timber in ireland somewhere!?
    i suppose the thing about your local supplier is you can hit him/her with the 2x4 that's wrapped, and maybe thats more difficult with the third party comparision sites and UK suppilers...

do look for the FSC or PEFC mark and have a look at the relevant sections below, try to support Irish companies!
    www.nsai.ie
    http://www.irishforestcertification.com/fsc-solution/timber-procurement-policy.html
    http://www.itga.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

i find pricing one crowd off the other works well on any of those products.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

1chippy wrote: »
    i find pricing one crowd off the other works well on any of those products.
    Pm sent
    Cc

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭rionzion

Anyone else reading this thread should give Tuam Hardware in Co. Galway a try... cheaper than build4less, a good crowd to mention if you;re playing one off against the other!

Advertisement