Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devils Bit Cider -- strong vinegar taste?

Options
  • 18-10-2011 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

Was given a bottle of this this evening. Have to say the bottle smartens it up a good bit.

But my God, what a taste of vinegar!

Is it me, or does it always taste like this?

(EDIT: meant to post this a forum up, in Beers Wines & Spirits --mods please move)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Had it in Cans before and it was fine, well tasted like a strong cider, not vinigar, maybe a bad batch? I assume you don't mean a flaggon talking bottles here?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

If it's a bottle, then i presume it can only be a 2 litre flaggin that you mean. It's just a faulty batch. I come across it the odd time in the offie i work in. Usually it's a case where the cap hasn't been sealed properly and air has leaked in, tainting the cider. Of the bargain ciders, i think Devils Bit is one of the nicest.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

grenache wrote: »
    If it's a bottle, then i presume it can only be a 2 litre flaggin that you mean. It's just a faulty batch. I come across it the odd time in the offie i work in. Usually it's a case where the cap hasn't been sealed properly and air has leaked in, tainting the cider. Of the bargain ciders, i think Devils Bit is one of the nicest.

Its not bad at all, Stonehouse is pritty good too.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

grenache wrote: »
    If it's a bottle, then i presume it can only be a 2 litre flaggin that you mean.
    No! That'd hardly smarten it up!

500ml glass bottle.

Advertisement